Crowfall

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
horses... centaur... its all coming together. archetype synergy. the assassin rides the legionnaire.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm fine with centaur catburglar as long as I can dress my Deer-Cow up as a Reindeer and give out presents.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm fine with centaur catburglar as long as I can dress my Deer-Cow up as a Reindeer and give out presents.
Sorry this is a serious PVP MMO for serious people who play seriously, go back to WoW you WoWtard and if there's shoulderpads or dress-up I'm canceling my $3 kickstarter donation and instead mailing Brad a new cheesestick.

Caliane

Sorry this is a serious PVP MMO for serious people who play seriously, go back to WoW you WoWtard and if there's shoulderpads or dress-up I'm canceling my $3 kickstarter donation and instead mailing Brad a new cheesestick.
A very good point. That deer guy better have high cold resist to proper simulate his fur. Possibly hunger as well, to simulate being a vegetarian who can eat pinecones and stuff, that people can't. assuming Jormags corruption... or hunger... is in anyway actually related to starving/eating.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Dawg, I got what you need

The Fae Assassin Concept Art

Crowfall_AssassinConcept.jpg

The Fae Assassin "Screenshot" VS s stage 3 "Fall season" griffon

Crowfall_Ass1Gameplay12.jpg
I'm being completely serious when I ask this... not trolling in the least. How much time would you estimate these guys have invested into created these screenshots. I'm sure they are staged? I'm just curious what these guys did and/or are doing different than what the Pantheons guys did when they opened up their KS?

Seriously? What resources does Crowfall have in terms of engine, money, staffing, etc. compared to Pantheon?

The reason i'm asking is in my mind, people with some "know-how" can stage some images and make them look pretty good. If nothing else, Crowfall looks unique and completely their own... what is Pantheon doing wrong? Do they just not have the money?

Crowfall just brought me back to this point where I was when Pantheon first opened their KS and thought we are going to have a whole lot of these things pop up looking for money and support. However, this one looks far better than others.

Sorry to be confusing but i'm really impressed with their presentation and not sure why others have not been as successful. Seems like we had another MMO on the radar that did pretty well right before Pantheon but forgot it's name.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The difference between the team on Crowfall and Pantheon is that Crowfall's team probably has talent and hard working developers. Pantheon has people too incapable or stupid to find a real crew to run with.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Honestly I think you have some people from Shadowbane, which was so very different from anything else to begin with, who sat down and actually thought about this.

whereas

Brad said "MMO? I've done that before. Plus I'm a gamer god. People will be THROWING money at me." and put no effort into it what so ever, didn't even do a cursory research effort into what a Kickstarter was, with a collection of recently unemployed people who had time to kill as they updated their resumes. It was the MMO equivalent of "Guys after high school we should all get an apartment together and really focus on the band."

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Their pre alpha footage is lacking.
Lacking highlighted skeleton from the asset store and big slash! across the screen.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Difference between Pantheon and Crowfall for me, they seem to have a concept and be in pre-alpha before they go into crowdfunding, meaning they put in some work in before asking for money.
smile.png

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Sjw class confirmed:
I had a brother, once? for a few minutes. I think I was born first?

The Farewell Kiss is swift and painless. We are not monsters, after all. No one needs to suffer.

Some mothers cry. Some plead for assistance. My mother did neither.

For generations, this has been our practice. For generations, we have known peace.

Men do not belong in the Riverlands?. not even the breeders. They are captured, they serve their purpose, and they are killed. Many treat their enemies less kindly, I think.

Think of the worst tyrant in history. How many lives could have been saved ? how many wars averted ? by a sharp blade, at the moment of his birth?

Why did I say HIS birth?

You know why. When I asked you to think of a tyrant, no woman crossed your mind. One life, for many. Quite the bargain, yes?

I say to you: the Hunger is not your enemy. Your enemy walks among you, charming and handsome, with a tongue full of lies.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
rrr_img_89783.jpg

naw but the fae in this have similar lore to the amazons of shadowbane. where they hate dudes and kidnap guys to breed and for snoo-snoo. its just recycled lore of man-hating lesbian "you go gurl" heroines. Jtodd said previously that they found out very few people gave a single fuck about lore so they're just reusing SB shit and using it as a vehicle to reveal a bit more about the archetypes.

bonus in-game footage of the Fae Assassin

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm being completely serious when I ask this... not trolling in the least. How much time would you estimate these guys have invested into created these screenshots. I'm sure they are staged? I'm just curious what these guys did and/or are doing different than what the Pantheons guys did when they opened up their KS?
p05nAXb.png

vs

Crowfall: MMO - Throne War Simulator

Edit: FWIW, I'm 100% not on the hype train for this one. I'm going to read in my downtown at work like I typically do, and I'll keep an ear out on what the game is doing, but that's about it. But I think this game will actually be released and playable, unlike whatever Pantheon may crap out.

Seriously? What resources does Crowfall have in terms of engine, money, staffing, etc. compared to Pantheon?

The reason i'm asking is in my mind, people with some "know-how" can stage some images and make them look pretty good. If nothing else, Crowfall looks unique and completely their own... what is Pantheon doing wrong? Do they just not have the money?
As one of the founders has posted, they invested their own money to initially start Crowfall. So you can say they have something invested in it and it must be the reason why the game looks more polished. I do like their approach where they know they will not satisfy all customers, they really need loyal ones and are aiming for that environment where their fan base will play for years to come.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
naw but the fae in this have similar lore to the amazons of shadowbane. where they hate dudes and kidnap guys to breed and for snoo-snoo. its just recycled lore of man-hating lesbian "you go gurl" heroines. Jtodd said previously that they found out very few people gave a single fuck about lore so they're just reusing SB shit and using it as a vehicle to reveal a bit more about the archetypes.
Yeah I saw that lore bit and laughed a little. It's true though, but when people really get into the lore of your game it can be fun.

The alliance PRX was in, the Covenant of Swords, had some semi-RPers in it that were all "Elven Empire". I think they sort of made up their own language and half-assed the RP a bit. Meanwhile PRX gave them the empire of their pre-release fanfiction.

We also had the Shadowclan on our server who generally play orcs and RP pretty hard as a community. They worked with the devs to create the Irekei language for the game and all played Irekei.

Other than that, yeah, no one cares much about lore UNTIL something is a major success. I'm not a huge star wars nerd, but wasn't Boba Fett just some bounty hunter dude originally? But since everyone loved him lore about him became really important to people.

But generally? The people writing pages and pages of lore for shit isn't worth the time to read. If it's not experienced by the player they shouldn't spend a lot of time on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As one of the founders has posted, they invested their own money to initially start Crowfall. So you can say they have something invested in it and it must be the reason why the game looks more polished. I do like their approach where they know they will not satisfy all customers, they really need loyal ones and are aiming for that environment where their fan base will play for years to come.
A quick note/warning on the 'we're targetting a certain playerbase'. I think it's easy to say when the player base they're speaking of are the only ones paying attention. Cutting out challenging PVE raids removes a huge part of MMOs and the draw for a lot of different players. Same if they come out and say they don't want small time arenas (which I don't think they want?).

The number of 'hardcore pvpers' is a small group, and a fickle on at that. We rarely play an MMO for a long period. This could be because the MMOs we get are shit, but I think even in a perfect MMO it's hard to do the same shit over and over.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah but online player vs. Player games are huge. Just look at fps and mobas. If they can create a game that can tap into that kind of gameplay they have a bigger crowd to draw from and don't need the diku raid people.

Essentially you have to create a game that allows for instant or quick action when you log in. If the game is fun to watch on twitch and follow on reddit you'll make a couple bucks.

Otherwise you'll have a smaller niche audience that will flock to the next game is quickly.