Crowfall

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
It hasn't been said if there will be a KS yet, but I assume there will be.

I know they've received somewhere around 2.5 Million from a private investor 1.5-2 years ago, perhaps more in tandem or since from other investors, we know that the character creation screens are actual screen shots and not mockups. Likewise, they've already allowed for at least 5 waves of beta sign-ups (I'm in Beta group 1, my brother is in 5 and he signed up a few days ago) so they couldn't really offer beta slots as a kickstarter donation item, maybe alpha access will be offered? Its weird to see a game give away beta slots prior to possibly running a crowdfunding campaign which could leverage them for donations. So, theres that.

Currently, there is a 32 days left on a countdown timer on the main splash page of the crowfall website,

Crowfall

so if there is one it'd be announced then I'd assume.

Also, for anyone interest heres a devtracker for their forums.Developer Post Tracker - Devtracker | Crows Call
What did you two do to get beta invites? I signed up 10 days ago and nada.

Caliane

Hero Engine!?
char creation image looks like hero engine to me on the surface.

Negative traits idea is interesting. Dangerous for min-maxing though.

crit hit and crit damage. ugh.. WHY do games with PVP priorities keep doing this?

Bruman

Golden Squire
Have they said anything about if this is going to be first person, third person, isometric, etc?

Some of the features, UO inspiration, and art style are making me think of Albion Online. Curious how it'll be different as they continue along.

Caliane

Have they said anything about if this is going to be first person, third person, isometric, etc?

Some of the features, UO inspiration, and art style are making me think of Albion Online. Curious how it'll be different as they continue along.
hrm, I just assumed standard mmo 3rd person, etc.. but now going back and looking.

01/13/15 - Character Creation Preview - News & Announcements - Crowfall
This a functional prototype of character creation (with actual 2D and 3D game assets), not just a mockup. The character (the Knight archetype) is a fully modeled and animated avatar.
"avatar" is an odd word to use. Avatar in gaming tends to mean character in the UI. like in Eve.

It also provides solid hints at the inner working of a handful of core systems: Combat, movement, skills, advancement and (of course) character creation / customization
Movement is a stat.
Turn based? Like dofus/wakfu?
Do we even HAVE a character, or are we commanding armies in a farmville type setting or, instead of SHIPS, like in Eve we command armies/dragons?
Hunger and warm make more sense if we are commanding armies to me.

01/15/15 - Templars and a Cryptic Tree? - News & Announcements - Crowfall
Not sure about the heraldy tree here, but again mentions "core game systems"

I'm really thinking its Medieval eve atm, and your character is a commander of an army, not an individual adventurer.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The biggest question is not game systems it's game play. Is it standard tab target, is it gw2? Is it fun? Is it boring?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm really thinking its Medieval eve atm, and your character is a commander of an army, not an individual adventurer.
The stats shown in that character creation don't look like they scream medieval eve with an army.

Turned based combat with an army... maybe?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I agree. I was just trying to point out that army commander didn't fit those stats. The closest those stats could be to army commander would be a squad base combat system.

Caliane

The stats shown in that character creation don't look like they scream medieval eve with an army.

Turned based combat with an army... maybe?
Im thinking maybe like a heroes of might and magic, where your commander does take an active role as part of the army.

and for the"turn based won't fit mmo"
DOFUS, the strategic MMORPG
eHu3FzF.jpg

Turn based, tile based mmo with land ownership, taxes, etc.
Not saying they are going this route. don't really think so. More Eve, less dofus.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm tentatively optimistic that I won't have to buy a $150 pre-release package to ensure the best items only to find out the game sucks this time.

... aww shit.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
This game will definitely be great and not leave everyone disappointed and clinging on to the next hot mess.

Naturally I'm on board for the ride which likely ends in a nutshot because I can't help myself.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
crowfall main page_sl said:
Something deeper than a virtual amusement park. More impactful than a virtual sandbox. More immersive. More real. A game where decisions matter.
[...]
Now we want to build something new. Something that?s never been done before.
Lofty proclamations that have all been made before, and with nothing to back them up but an uninspired title, some generic, inoffensive concept art, and hints at systems that will undoubtedly be too rigid and simplistic to allow for anything but a parody of what they're promising.

It won't be in any significant way.

Introducing the social media era, free-to-play, indie MMORPG: a stripped down, insubstantial mishmash of mechanics and conventions from everything that's gone before.

crit hit and crit damage. ugh.. WHY do games with PVP priorities keep doing this?
See above.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
this sort of bitter neckbeard vitriol usually starts to seep in around page 8 of a new mmo thread, I figured with full loot pvp and deep crafting design it'd delay the onset until at least page 10, I didn't foresee the "Raph Koster molested uniqueuser as a kid" page 6 wildcard.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Open-world-sandbox-full-loot-territorial-siege-warfare-pvp-player-driven-economy-did-I-mention-sandbox-freedom-blah-blah-fucking-blah. Buzzwords carry no weight.

And you're completely off the mark. If Koster were lead on this thing it'd at least have a chance; alas, he's just a consultant.