Crowfall

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I completely disagree with you there, I wouldn't want Koster leading this project, I want him in the corner pitching ideas and refining design principals. He isn't worth shit as a project lead. He is exactly where he needs to be not to fuck up a cup of coffee, but still pitch interesting shit.

And out of all the typical pre-release buzzwords (I do agree with you on this point) a PvP title where I can kill people and loot all of their shit is far from the norm. Thats enough for me to pay attention.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game will definitely be great and not leave everyone disappointed and clinging on to the next hot mess.

Naturally I'm on board for the ride which likely ends in a nutshot because I can't help myself.
The ride is the best part of the whole thing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I for one would love to have a full loot pvp game. After going through ESO/GW2/AA or whatever other "pvp" games out there are. Any game that doesn't make you lose your shit is worth the same thing. Tuco has a great time with his PRX buddies but all of his stories and screenshots seem empty to me. Oh no you got them to post some nasty stuff on a forum. No one loses anything but pride.

Boring.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I could never get over darkfall's looting and inventory interface. Beyond that I enjoyed it. But that stupid looting drove me from ever really getting into it.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Not sure why everyone still puts so much weight behind Koster's name.

Everything that was positive about player vs player interactions in UO was an accident that they worked for years to remove.

SWG brought us the fantastic HAM system, which was entirely designed by Koster, where if you dropped a players health, stamina, or mana down to 0 they were out of the fight. Riflemen?

Did nobody play these games at release and see the original system design?! Think back without the rose colored glasses on.

Don't believe the hype for the 23432432th time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The only thing i'm tired of is people either touting or pretending (through reception of screenshots, forum posts, or whatever) that they are old school or bringing some type of challenge to the industry. These guys claiming to restore this, bring back that, or be the savior of the genre need to just do it. No grey areas, no half way implementations, no feature that bridges casuals to the hardcores... just make the freaking game.

Looking at their screenshots and some of things at the surface, they could essentially take EQ and sprinkle a bit of DarkFall/DAoC/WAR in there and make a really cool game.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
And out of all the typical pre-release buzzwords (I do agree with you on this point) a PvP title where I can kill people and loot all of their shit is far from the norm. Thats enough for me to pay attention.
Regardless of the cash shop situation?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Couple recent dev quotes

Thank you for vote of confidence! Sincerely.

I understand that it's really, really easy to be skeptical, especially since the game of "rampant speculation", paints a fuzzy picture (by design.)

At the very beginning of this process, I said : look, if you aren't interested, just come back at the end and we'll tell you everything. We decided to release the information this way because we figured there would be a subset of people who would find the REVEAL itself entertaining. and our job, as game designers, is to entertain you. I think (?) it was the right call. (I'll let you know for sure once it's over.)

As an unexpected side benefit, it gives us a chance to reevaluate our ideas based on your conjecture and feedback. Almost everything has held up really well, and we've only made a few adjustments. That said, I'm sure that we will make many more as the community grows and the picture becomes more clear.

Crowfall is not going to be "the greatest game of all time." Crowfall isn't going to be "the next WOW killer" -- if such a thing even exists.

...but Crowfall IS going to be different. and over the next 30 days, we're going to prove that to you.

Todd

ACE

We'll be posting some high level information about resources and territorial conquest in one of our updates next week. You'll definitely want to come back and read that, because it ties directly into your comments about harvesting/gathering.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Couple recent dev quotes
I feel like I could scratch out some of these names, put Brad in place, PVE instead of PVP, and swap Crowfall for Pantheon and shit gets eerily similar. The major difference is the level of competence shown this early far surpasses what has ever been shown with Pantheon.

I'd give them a few bucks on Kickstarter.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Saying that's a major difference is an understatement.

Big Flex, you're now in charge of keeping us all updated on this game. I don't feel like hunting down information like a normal person.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Right, I just find the parallels in attitude and wording pretty funny. This game is leagues beyond where Pantheon has gotten. I desperately want to love this genre again and I guess if enough people continue to throw shit at the wall, someone has to get it right eventually.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I for one would love to have a full loot pvp game. After going through ESO/GW2/AA or whatever other "pvp" games out there are. Any game that doesn't make you lose your shit is worth the same thing. Tuco has a great time with his PRX buddies but all of his stories and screenshots seem empty to me. Oh no you got them to post some nasty stuff on a forum. No one loses anything but pride.

Boring.
Archeage had nice premises, it has that whole "if you wanna make money you're gonna have to travel" feel where you can steal people's shit during the run and make them look like fools. Both XL Games / Trion shat the bad and, through bad CS and cash shop boogaloo, they fucked the economy so hard mugging people's tradepacks is worthless nowadays. But games like Darkfall are dumb : full loot FFA PvP right now means you're gonna have a lot of zerg guilds running around naked with, ganking everyone like it's duck hunt.

People need to understand it's not 1998 anymore : nowadays anyone can create some guild / community on the fly, run it with basic tools (forums, teamspeak) and totally ruin these kind of games. Also good luck balancing that. If you enpower geared people, they'll become target and become overrun by hordes of naked robbers. If you try to balance gameplay, then you'll have your usual welfare / student / unemployed / russian people running around with top notch gear, 1shotting anyone not because they're good, but because they have the most playtime.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Right, I just find the parallels in attitude and wording pretty funny. This game is leagues beyond where Pantheon has gotten. I desperately want to love this genre again and I guess if enough people continue to throw shit at the wall, someone has to get it right eventually.
I am with ya on that sentiment, every time I try a new mmorpg I find myself disappointed. Maybe this one will finally stick. Either way we should have a really good idea in about 30 days.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Welp my body is ready to rabidly follow this for five years across various forums before it inevitably turns to ashes in my mouth due to terrible design decisions or funding fuckups. Let's do this.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
People need to understand it's not 1998 anymore : nowadays anyone can create some guild / community on the fly, run it with basic tools (forums, teamspeak) and totally ruin these kind of games. Also good luck balancing that. If you enpower geared people, they'll become target and become overrun by hordes of naked robbers. If you try to balance gameplay, then you'll have your usual welfare / student / unemployed / russian people running around with top notch gear, 1shotting anyone not because they're good, but because they have the most playtime.
There won't be a good full-loot mmo until some developer wises up and moves beyond the standard "HP up and down until 0" combat model, the typical character power curve, item-centric progression, and the thoughtless conventions governing inventory capacity, item ownership, criminal law, player reputation, and every other system that interacts with the concept.

Full loot should simply be a natural expectation in any persistent world game that allows pvp. I've found that the more natural expectations a game breaks, the shittier it tends to be. Speaking of which, it hasn't been confirmed that crowfall will allow full loot.