Crowfall

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I want to know why should I care about Eternal Kingdoms. Nothing they have said makes me want to spend any time there.

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
In for $60,

Enjoyed basic premise of Shadowbane, pity about the net code side letting it down. Hopefully they can get the good things from it and some of the good ideas out of DAOC along with some original idea's and make something good.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to know why should I care about Eternal Kingdoms. Nothing they have said makes me want to spend any time there.
I sort of agree. They're hyping this as a 'Throne War' simulator, but the only kingdoms seem to really be in the Eternal Kingdom, which a completely personal and not fought over.

So who are we vying with for control? They really haven't talked about leadership within the Dying Worlds. Who is going to be the King of a group, or even a Faction? Who is making choices for base placement and design? Is it just based on Guilds? This seems like the most important aspect of the game, but they've talked about it so little.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers the Asheron's Call guild system, but you basically had to pledge your fealty to someone else, and you became their 'vassal'. It created a huge chain that eventually led to one person. Such a system was kind of cumbersome in a traditional MMO, but it seems perfect for this type of MMO. Hell, you could even 'promote' players to have their own 'sub families' under your own. Then it would REALLY be a Game of Thrones type MMO.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
and there's no more videos to watch... what am I supposed to watch while I'm cycling my 150 pine trees?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I have seen so far and read, The liege/king will be like the guild leader, then you have people under him. Some will be like barons/officers and have people under them, and so forth.

The king picks a world to go to. Vassals follow (Or maybe go to other worlds) Fight and get resources. PVE and pvp depending on world and state of the season. Depending on the ruleset you can take resources back to your eternal kingdom to build shit. (Either your personal fifedom or maybe guilds. If you are Johnny Solo you will likely not have a lot to take back.

As the world progresses through the season, less raw mats come into the world, making getting mats more and more pvp based. Forcing people who want to progress in the Eternal kingdoms making of shit fight more for rewards. I dunno if you can bring back anything on a daily basis or only when the world ends. (That might make a good question)

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Finally getting to look at this Kickstarter properly. Watched that MMORPG video full of shit questions but thankfully the Crowfall dudes took the mic and ran with it. Buuuuut it's the same shit every Kickstarter bunch says, "we want to make the game publishers don't want you to have blah blah blah." Not to let the good old cynical side of me come out but some of those animations look pretty hilarious (sword lady running). Feeling good about my $60 but you $150+ got some gonads.

With that out of my system, I'll keep the hype train rolling.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got Draegan an interview with Gordon and company. Start thinking up substantive questions.
I second Lasch's question.

My big questions are:

1. Can you go into more detail about the Dregs? How can a guild work together in the Dregs? What is a victory condition? How does a player get chosen as a winner/loser?

2. The reason the early game in MMOs is exciting is because poopsock farming mobs for 3 days straight confers a permanent advancement to your character, their gear or some land ownership and development. Once the player is established they can then choose what they want to do for fun. The actual gameplay of the early game is almost always monotonous whether it's farming bear asses or mining rocks. With resetting campaigns allowing players to relive releases and making much of their gains temporary, how will you make that gameplay enjoyable? When I'm in my 6th campaign will I be having fun, or will I just be splitting my time between finding the nearest PVE spawn I can AE repeatedly and chopping down entire forests of trees wondering what I'm doing with my life?

Feel free to edit the second question, it's a complex one that is easy for them to slip out of with some, "Oh that's why resetting is such a flawless idea because it's always fun!". They're not the guy who has to continue a legacy of victory in every campaign!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Watched the full Crowfall video. I see they went to the same school of acting as the Pantheon guys. Also kinda weird that they mention not wanting be restricted by financial ties from investors two seconds after they mentioned taking money to get where they are now. Wish the actual KS had more deets too because that shit is light on information.

OK done now. I don't want Convo lumping me in with the haters (eff off, I backed it). ;D

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I can drop well over $250 on supplements and a bulk whey order, so $150 on one the first real PvP mmo to emerge since 2009, and before that 2003, isn't a big deal to me personally. If nothing else I'm letting "the industry" know there is a demand for such a product.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watched the full Crowfall video. I see they went to the same school of acting as the Pantheon guys. Also kinda weird that they mention not wanting be restricted by financial ties from investors two seconds after they mentioned taking money to get where they are now. Wish the actual KS had more deets too because that shit is light on information.

OK done now. I don't want Convo lumping me in with the haters (eff off, I backed it). ;D
I thought that was funny too, they kind of squirmed when shit talking their VC funding and talked around that they got 2.7million or whatever VC.

I was hoping we'd get 500k before midnight EST. I still think it'll be funded by Saturday though.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
For me it's never a matter of what I can drop, but should I drop it. I can afford to lose that much without losing sleep, but it's in my nature to not want to throw money I could spend on other shit I know I'd get value out of.

Also, no judgment here. If anyone was going to go all in, I assumed it'd be you and Tuco because the PVP focus.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feeling good about my $60 but you $150+ got some gonads.
The way I figure it, I've probably waste more than $200 just keeping my MMO subscriptions active while hardly playing them.

If it all pans out, I'll gave $900+ worth of subscriptions.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought that was funny too, they kind of squirmed when shit talking their VC funding and talked around that they got 2.7million or whatever VC.
Well, there's a pretty big difference between having a minority equity partner, and being beholden to a big box publisher.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Got Draegan an interview with Gordon and company. Start thinking up substantive questions.
I had some though (might be answered elsewhere, I've only read some of their FAQs, might've missed it):
-For PVP, how are you going to prevent things that become typical in other PVP MMOs, especially zerg tactics, aoe-fests, and PVDoor? How are you going to encourage smaller, spread out battles, where players can really tell what they're doing and have impact?
-Do campaign worlds "fill up"? If so, does it spawn new campaign worlds with the same ruleset? If so, how does that affect guild-vs-guild campaigns?
-How do late-comers join in-progress campaigns their friends are on (especially if they do fill up)?
-Can people "campaign hop"? What's to prevent/dissuade them?
-Can you join, leave, rejoin a campaign?
-Almost every MMO launch day for the past 15 years is a nightmare. Should we go ahead and just expect that again here? Or will the kind of "decentralized world" approach lead to more of like GW2 launch, where even if servers are full, you're just put to new overflow servers, or various instances that can be brought up/shut down on demand?

And of course Flex, don't forget the biggest one - DYEL? (Fun fact: I started lifting back in November, doing SL 5x5. Love the program. Then I fractured my hip. See the doc for a followup this Thursday, I hope I can squat and deadlift again, but this doc already hates squats. It's a tiny fracture, but still, I'm only 33. And I already have a bad knee from high school football, hah [and no, I've never been a jock])

I'd like to know more about how the Eternal Kingdoms will be structured. Do they see everyone getting at least 1 plot of land for free; will there be more or less "desirable" locations that will get snatched up early? Do they envision true player-run cities emerging in some of the EK's with the best tax rates/crafters/etc. or is it more limited than that?
-On that note - what's to make me want to go to someone else's kingdom? If I do that, do I still keep my "personal" one? What happens if you can't pay the taxes on the one you swear fealty to?

this was a terrible interview.
The interview was "been there, done that", but for me at least, it was the first time I got to see the footage. Wow, people weren't lying about those terrible telegraphs. Not SLASH bad, but not good either. Also the animations were pretty cringe-worthy at times. Given the stage the game is at though, it's all acceptable.

For me it's never a matter of what I can drop, but should I drop it. I can afford to lose that much without losing sleep, but it's in my nature to not want to throw money I could spend on other shit I know I'd get value out of.

Also, no judgment here. If anyone was going to go all in, I assumed it'd be you and Tuco because the PVP focus.
Ditto. I'm such a nerd - fiscal responsibility is my hobby :p. But $30 is low enough that as long as I get a few hours enjoyment out of it, I won't be too pissy. I wish I had gotten a little more out of AA for the $45 I spent [bought someone's $150 package here on RR], but oh well.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
1.) How much will VIP membership cost when the game is live?
2.) How much will additional character slots cost when the game is live?
3.) Are you stuck in the campaign world, or is travel fluid between campaign worlds and your eternal realm?
4.) How will bank space work in campaign worlds? Is that type of thing for Eternal only, or can you access your a kind of holding bank in the campaign (And only removed X% if you win or lose.?)
4a.) Is the bonus bank space in the rewards tier applicable to campaign bank space (If the above question is a yes).

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They said in the Kickstarter comments that VIP will likely cost $10-$15 per month.
Cool, looks like the also answered number 3--didn't see the Kingdom and Campign FAQ. Looks like they don't know themselves how fluid travel will be. They want to discourage it, though but travel between eternal and campaign will be fluid but with no resources.