Crowfall

Blackwulf

N00b
rrr_img_91216.png

So should I name it Sir Bad MacQwaid or Stallion-tail, the Son of George?

Also, per ranged combat and aiming

- ThomasB
I'm gonna name my fallen hero "Matthew Fire Roar"

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Let's get the hard questions out there first: how many pop culture dance animations are there and how many bear asses does it take to make my first epic sword?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Primary topics of my concern in regards to asking Gordon and crew (Subject to edits):

Combat animations:

In more recent games to date animations took priority over input to the server, causing for delayed actions and often times sluggish or non responsive character control, does crowfall prioritize inputs over animation triggers?

- Animation lock and animation cancel?
- Animation priority for skill completion? (Think pump fake and ability misfiring due to animation priority and net code *hero engine swtor etc*)
- Animation cancel interrupts ability completion? (Centaur winds up for a slam you stun him, slam cancels?)
- Cast Time or Animation time? (Think ESO using animations to manage ability firing pace, caused issues when animations wouldn't register or were delayed, mostly netcode issue)

Combat Telegraphs

In recent games (wildstar for example) PVP combat was primarily a sea of red and green squares and arcs, what are your plans to not make this a game of light cycle?

- There was a video released showing the difference between no telegraphs and full telegraphs, what is your opinion on just not having them?
- If you do include telegraphs is there a way to adjust them by any means? Color? Alpha scale? etc.
- In a FFA setting, will all players telegraphs be red? Even if you have friends or a guild?

Property Protection

It only took 3 shots to bust a hole in a wall? Are we really going to spend time to put up a wall that gets crunched like the center of a tootsie pop?

- What are your plans to allow players to protect their property in a meaningful way in the campaigns?
- Reinforced walls? Health upgrades?
- Banestones? Property invulnerability?

Economy

So we can buy a subscription token and trade it to players for resources of an accepted type

- While I know some campaigns will limit resource imports to a harsh or even non-inclusive degree, what's your stance on someone buying a substantial amount of resources to get a leg up in the next resource import available campaign?
- Some players think this might be an easy way to buy power, what do you think?

You mention player controlled vendors:

- How do you initially plan on letting players market their wares to a large userbase?
- Vendor listing board? Auction house with brokerage fees and location of vendor listed?
- Face to face or Trade chat spam?

Mail system

- Do you have plans of implementing a mail system in the Eternal Kingdoms or full item import campaigns?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
- Banestones? Property invulnerability?
They've already discussed this mechanic in their press reviews with the Bloodstone ruleset.

Now for my personal interest: User Interface.

• Do they have a current UI prototype, or is it still in design? When might we get a glimpse?
  • Have they decided whether they're going to allow user modification of the UI via LUA or HTML5?
  • Are they going to allow Addons that provide additional functionality (similar to WoW), or is it going to be visual changes only?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Downtime & solo content. What am I doing when I'm not PVPing? What are your plans as far as grouping tools and (quick) travel methods?

Vitality

HUSTLE
They've already discussed this mechanic in their press reviews with the Bloodstone ruleset.

Now for my personal interest: User Interface.

• Do they have a current UI prototype, or is it still in design? When might we get a glimpse?
  • Have they decided whether they're going to allow user modification of the UI via LUA or HTML5?
  • Are they going to allow Addons that provide additional functionality, or is it going to be visual changes only?
Edit: Nvm - thanks for the link - ruleset based.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
With momentum and physics in game will we see jumping and levitation? Can there be a Dwarven Molotov cocktail thrower as a tiered class? And will we have blood and gore in game or the option to have it?

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd like to know more about how the Eternal Kingdoms will be structured. Do they see everyone getting at least 1 plot of land for free; will there be more or less "desirable" locations that will get snatched up early? Do they envision true player-run cities emerging in some of the EK's with the best tax rates/crafters/etc. or is it more limited than that?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have a lot of questions about the EK's.

11. Doesn't that create balance issues? Using the analogy above, isn't this like Uncle Bob bringing a bunch of tanks into the next game of Risk, after the board reset?
It could, except that everyone coming into a Campaign is dealing with the same Import rules. The key to the reset mechanic isn't "the board must be clean," the goal is "everyone needs to start on roughly equal footing, to make the game fun."

If everyone is allowed to bring the same number of assets into a Campaign (i.e. if we can ALL bring in a few tanks) then the starting condition is still balanced.

12. What do you mean by "player owned and player managed"?
As the owner of a Kingdom, players are the monarch of these Worlds. They get to set many of the rules that govern that World and the buildings within it. Don't want people to visit your world? Lock it out. Want to setup a place for others to visit and trade? Make it public! Want to set a tax for all trade that happens there? Go for it. Want to turn on free for all PvP? No problem.

Alternatively, if you don't want to manage your own kingdom, you can always swear fealty to the Monarch of another Kingdom and be granted a domain (i.e. one or more parcels of land) within that Kingdom. If your domain is greater than one parcel, you can sub-parcel out areas within YOUR domain to other players - creating a fealty tree. This is an ideal approach for Guilds and crafters.

13. So the purpose of the Kingdom is to store trophies? I thought you said "trophies" were lame?
"Meaningless" trophies are lame. Giving a player a trophy for killing 10 rats is lame; these are similar to the "participation" trophies we give our kids for playing soccer.

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger, or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.

Campaign Trophies include relics, artifacts, materials and rare resources - the things that are required to build structures, craft equipment, and fuel the economy in your Kingdom. It's not a lobby in the traditional sense; but it serves a similar purpose as a place that players can gather in between participation in Campaigns.

That said, players who have no interest in Kingdoms are not required to visit them.
This seems like putting a lot of gameplay quality in people's hands. I can think of several high end guilds that I would not want in power. How will empowered people either remain or be removed from power? How much can they actually impact the game both negatively and positively? If you do not like the "living situations" of the EK, can you go live as an outcast or are there ways to tough it out without it being too much of a negative experience?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
With momentum and physics in game will we see jumping and levitation?
We've seen jumping in the gameplay videos already. Although the jump height looked a bit extreme, hah.

This seems like putting a lot of gameplay quality in people's hands. I can think of several high end guilds that I would not want in power. How will empowered people either remain or be removed from power? How much can they actually impact the game both negatively and positively? If you do not like the "living situations" of the EK, can you go live as an outcast or are there ways to tough it out without it being too much of a negative experience?
As I understand it, this is only in the Eternal (Personal) Kingdoms. If some dude is an asshole in his kingdom, you can basically just opt to stay in yours and never be affected by him.

To that point: One thing I would be interested in knowing is, what is the benefit of forgoing your own personal Kingdom and swearing fealty to another person (and thus, making you subject to their rules)?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

We've seen jumping in the gameplay videos already. Although the jump height looked a bit extreme, hah.

As I understand it, this is only in the Eternal (Personal) Kingdoms. If some dude is an asshole in his kingdom, you can basically just opt to stay in yours and never be affected by him.

To that point: One thing I would be interested in knowing is, what is the benefit of forgoing your own personal Kingdom and swearing fealty to another person (and thus, making you subject to their rules)?
I wonder if, for instance, I pledge to Tuco, does that merge our kingdoms essentially? I'm down with a RR mega kingdom.

Questions:

The MMORPG video shows constant action, which begs the question will there be adequate time for looting and determining what to take (assuming PvP world)?

Many games have "in combat" time periods where a character is unable to do certain actions because they are in combat, will there be a similar type of trigger?

The 3 faction wars sounds interesting, giving the "Balance" faction a chance to switch between sides because they have an interest in both of the other two sides winning equally. This requires constant communication from the Balance faction with the other two sides. What forms of communication will be used in game?

The game is continuing 24hrs, but we obviously need sleep. What mechanics are there to prevent a different time zone guild from completely destroying your base while you sleep? Or will we be required to partner with a different group of time zone players?