Crowfall

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well we don't have enough information to make that judgement yet Quaid. They haven't said anything about nameplates.

Dreagan is asking them tomorrow in an interview.
Ya I just re-read the last few pages. Turns out the block of text I read for 'no nameplate justification' was from ArenaNet. Thought they were talking about Crowfall.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Female Centaur and Improved Particles at 1.0m, Mounts & Caravans at 1.3m.

I'm surprised that they weren't already planning to have mounts. Or maybe they were just saving it.
As with things like lady centaurs probably something they always intended but as a more long term goal. Like mounts I am sure they would have added them eventually but maybe it pushes it to the front of the stuff to add queue.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hope the lady centaurs don't have any pants. I know centaurs get the fastest move speed. I believe there's talks of them removing the pants equipment slot for the centaur archetype.
cool.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think there's no chance there will be no nameplates or anonymous nameplates in crowfall.

If they went that route I'd pull my money out and rickshaw this thread.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think there's no chance there will be no nameplates or anonymous nameplates in crowfall.
We don't know a lot about Crowfall combat gameplay but they're coining it with "action combat", "Wildstar", "TERA" and from what we've seen there's dodging, sprint, telegraphs and whatnot. All of this doesn't really scream hardcore competitive PvP to me, therefore I wouldn't be totally shocked they're plotting something for the more casual PvP crowd, like an option where you can hide your name for example. I think it's a terrible idea but we're already talking about a MMO centered around massive PvP fights with telegraphs and friendly fire. Just imagine how cluttered fights will be with nameplates added on top.

Vitality

HUSTLE
How do you expect to play a friendly fire game not knowing who or where your friends are bondurant?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How do you expect to play a friendly fire game not knowing who or where your friends are bondurant?
I am guessing someone on the forums will say that you need to know your friends and enemies like real war. Nameplates breaks immersion! Something like that.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was making a comment about adding nameplates on top of telegraph / FF boogaloo, I'm strongly for nameplates being shown all day everyday, I resent this whole anonymous PvP trend GW2 started, sorry if my post wasn't clear.

How does action combat take away from hardcore competitive pvp?
I think from what I've played regarding action combat (GW2, Wildstar), PvP wise it was all about running around avoiding fire on the ground while spamming AoEs. I hate it deeply and especially when healing is taken away from the equation.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I was a big proponent of nameplates in TESO but I think you can get away with not having them as DAOC did it just fine but it does require a few other things in place:

1. Character silhouette
2. Distinctive armor/dyes/cloaks/emblems/etc.
3. Character rank (racial specific titles)
4. Kill spam with locations

After pvp'ing in DAOC for years, you started to learn who was who just by those things without having their random dumb ass name floating above their head. I also think there's an opportunity for systems that could prevent seeing the name until you've killed that player (or been killed by another player) several times at which point you earned the right to know who you were up against.

ili_sl

shitlord
Nice, "imbalance is where the fun is". Haha. What are we talking about here, DAoC level of imbalance?. I loved soloing groups with AoE mes. If the imbalance is on the level of DAoC, I'd pick it up just for the, lols&QQs.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Nice, "imbalance is where the fun is". Haha. What are we talking about here, DAoC level of imbalance?. I loved soloing groups with AoE mes. If the imbalance is on the level of DAoC, I'd pick it up just for the, lols&QQs.
From the information at hand we have the Centaur as reference. Fastest base movement speed out of all the archetypes. Pretty OP.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Just got done watching the progressive stack video in the GG thread. Thanks Flex, now I feel raped. Full on SocJus raped. Fuck you,Shitlord.
as an autistic, freegan, demisexual, transspecies, necropony the term rape triggers my otherkin Lithose

p.s. over 700k

Bruman

Golden Squire
I don't really care one way or the other - but why is everyone here so pro-nameplates? Is it just to build rivalries easier, to make it more personal?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't really care one way or the other - but why is everyone here so pro-nameplates? Is it just to build rivalries easier, to make it more personal?
I don't really feel like freaking the fuck out and going berserk on a centaur that runs by only to find out he was in my guild.

Nameless PVP is completely worthless.

Plus it makes the FFA server a shit-show not having them.

**If I ride by and see <PRX>Tuconomics above some miners head, I'm stopping dead in my tracks and fucking that guy up

If I ride by and its <a guinea pig miner> or no name at all I'm less likely to give a shit about fighting him and I'm more likely to get on with my business.

Edit: We all know tuco is going to be a guinea