Crowfall

Blackwulf

N00b
I got in on the 150 early gold. If I wasn't already spending money on virtual spaceships, I probably wouldn't feel so dirty. ..

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No guys, tell me how all PVP games suck
frown.png
. I don't want to pledge!

I'm curious how the actual personal kingdoms will play out. Everyone gets their own, so curious if people will actually want to do things on other people's worlds, versus just their own.
From what I can tell I don't think everyone gets their own? I think a monarch gets one, then everyone swears fealty to him and he allots them a space in his EK.

The big question is what's the value of having a badass EK.

Personally I'm a bit annoyed about the expensive kickstarter tiers giving huge head starts in the EK. Right now our biggest competition in ArcheAge is run by a huge p2w whale. He bought both of his castles in ArcheAge and if he plays Crowfall he'll pay $10k and buy a huge EK from the get go. I think the intent of some of the larger tiers is for a guild like ours to get donations from people to buy a starter package for our Kingdom/guild banner etc, but I'm not going to ask our members to p2w and frankly I want to earn everything we get ingame.

Our goal in Crowfall would likely be two fold: Have a great record of campaign wins against the toughest opposition, and be one of the first groups to achieve the top level of a kingdom. If you can just p2w the second goal, that's half the reason we have to play as a guild that's gone.

Looking at it another way, the EK seems like this game's leaderboard. The bigger your kingdom, the more stuff you have. Does it make sense to let people spend $$ to improve their ranking on a leaderboard?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Read my post on the subject Tuco.

EK's are just minecraft servers without any sort of resource generation. You have to import all your resources, no mining or anything.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Nearly at 300k already on their kickstarter. This things going to make half its goal by the end of the first day :O

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Read my post on the subject Tuco.

EK's are just minecraft servers without any sort of resource generation. You have to import all your resources, no mining or anything.
Sure, that makes sense. But what else will you be able to do? Does the PvP crowd really want to go sit in a kingdom and jerk off in the guild house? Is there any opportunity for PvP and conquering other people's kingdoms? Can you use the kingdom to either train or import resources into a campaign?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
found this:
http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2721-the-ek-can-i-attack-another-personal-kingdom/_sl said:
31. Can I attack another Personal Kingdom?

We are working on a design that allows Kingdoms to War with each other.

This idea is still very rough, and we consider this a secondary system to the Campaigns - meaning that, even when engaged in a Kingdom War, players will still be reliant on Campaign participation in order to secure materials and rare reagents.

The basic outline of the Kingdom War system is:

The Monarch of one Kingdom challenges the Monarch of another. They must agree on the duration or victory condition (i.e. how do we determine a winner?) They must both ante up a prize (in materials, items or coin) that will be placed "in escrow", meaning they can't touch it unless they win.

Once the War starts, Vassals can travel between the two Kingdoms, and there is open PvP in both Worlds (i.e. no safe zones.) The siege mechanics are enabled on those Worlds, and the buildings are destructible. The War ends either when the pre-determined condition is met by one side, or when one Monarch surrenders. The winner gets the rewards that were set aside at the beginning.

NOTE: the details of this system are still being worked out. If this sounds interesting to you, we invite you to jump on the forums and join the discussion.

33. Why would I want to be part of a Fealty Tree?

Technically the Monarch "owns" the land, and determines the ability of non-vassals to be able to visit the world, and to buy goods from vendors.

Every vassal in the Fealty Tree is given access to use ALL the (player-run) services (including the passive training NPCs) located on that World, as well as the ability to collect taxes and to change the administration rights in their province. They are also granted a noble title on that World.
Sounds like they are considering having monarch vs monarch fights. I wonder how the scaling will work. It could be that having mega-sized monarchies is the most rewarding and guilds like PRX would unite with other guilds. Or it could be that the more fealties you get the more expensive it is, and guilds like PRX would have multiple monarchies.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
ArcheAge is a racing game with housing and cute baby elk pets.

Probably too soon but any word on CC abilities? My advice is take any current pvp game and cut abilities and durations down to 10% of what they are now. Losing control of your character is not fun.

Alternatively I'd like a class or spec that gives up stuff for cc immunity.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
found this:
I was just getting ready to post that along with this:

12. What do you mean by "player owned and player managed"?
As the owner of a Kingdom, players are the monarch of these Worlds. They get to set many of the rules that govern that World and the buildings within it. Don't want people to visit your world? Lock it out. Want to setup a place for others to visit and trade? Make it public! Want to set a tax for all trade that happens there? Go for it. Want to turn on free for all PvP? No problem.

Alternatively, if you don't want to manage your own kingdom, you can always swear fealty to the Monarch of another Kingdom and be granted a domain (i.e. one or more parcels of land) within that Kingdom. If your domain is greater than one parcel, you can sub-parcel out areas within YOUR domain to other players - creating a fealty tree. This is an ideal approach for Guilds and crafters.

13. So the purpose of the Kingdom is to store trophies? I thought you said "trophies" were lame?
"Meaningless" trophies are lame. Giving a player a trophy for killing 10 rats is lame; these are similar to the "participation" trophies we give our kids for playing soccer.

Meaningful Trophies (like a Super Bowl ring, or the Stanley Cup) are much cooler. And remember, many of these trophies provide in-game benefit: they can be used to make your Kingdom stronger, or make your team more viable in other Campaigns.

Campaign Trophies include relics, artifacts, materials and rare resources - the things that are required to build structures, craft equipment, and fuel the economy in your Kingdom. It's not a lobby in the traditional sense; but it serves a similar purpose as a place that players can gather in between participation in Campaigns.

That said, players who have no interest in Kingdoms are not required to visit them.

ili_sl

shitlord
So team death match, campaign multiplier game, set in a fantasy world. Campaigns last somewhere around 3 months, more/less. Campaign's are controlled by a campaign master, who sets the rules. What could go wrong? lol. Man you guys are fiending hard here. Its going to fail if/when people can start their own private campaigns to max out characters.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I look forward to knocking you all off of bridges..../SPLAT!
One of the best times I had besides EQ1 was playing War and whatever that Lion class was on the good side that let you target from across the map. In the lava PvP zone I would send that fucker in and then just laugh as he "300 drop kicked" fools into the lava. Good shit.

So I don't really know what the differences is between the dregs and the shadow

In the dregs Is there friendly fire? Is there no ability to drop guild in the shadow? Are only two guilds allowed in The Shadow, making it an instanced battleground for your guild?

I also don't know how one is declared a winner or loser in the dregs.
Rulesets are dynamic from campaign to campaign. So winners are decided according to the rules that are established by the devs for a campaign before it launches. They could restrict guild movement or allow players to change guilds mid-campaign. Treachery is something they leave open the possibility for.

Dregs is FFA. Anyone can attack anyone. I doubt it's limited to two guilds in the Shadow. They already have a three faction world. Shadow is probably open to as many guilds as wish to participate.

Vitality

HUSTLE
For the multi faction world (non 3 faction) they said something like 12 factions. Let me find an excerpt.