Crowfall

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This game will be a challenge to any big organized pvp guild. If physics and FF actually work (probably a long shot to work right) it will change the way PVP is played. You won't be able to zerg ball this game like every big guild does due to collision and shit. It'll be fun to watch.
+ friendly fire.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it's not going to stop zerging at all but it adds another dynamic to combat and makes it more interesting.

There will always be that guy with the big AOE who isn't going to check his fire and is going to end up killing as much of his team as the enemy.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd love to see a permadeath campaign, or permadeath-light where you only have a certain number of lives. You wouldn't lose your char obviously, but the fear of getting kicked out of the campaign early would be a good reason to support the 'kneel' mechanic they have planned.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What was really annoying about WP was that they could actually scale up and perform better if more people were attacking them.

Once I got geared up on my WE I had no issues dealing with any warrior priest on the server 1v1 but man if you threw in a couple bads just attacking a well geared WP with all the healing off they started getting, they became just these fucking wrecking balls.

I remember there was this one WP (think his name was Patriot or some such) and this guy ALWAYS rolled with a group and he pretty much was neigh invincible when fighting in group combat. Months and months if not years passed and I could never find that fucker alone not even once, but finally one time I managed to see him running to a city siege with no one else around.

I got the drop on that bastard and killed him 1v1 and it was a fucking euphoric moment, but then I quit the game the next day.
Yes his name was patriot yes he was always grouped guild was blacklisted which he joined after warmachine disolved along with others he played way back when destro was a zerg at a level never seen in a mmo and order /sc pops were instant. I played with some top tier order guilds and was warded for city fights before city fights were the thing...when fort fights lasted hours and zone locks happened rarley..one of fav games still remember 1.2 patch the one that killed the game in many peeps eyes.

If your all full on nostalgia check return of reckoning an emu currently cap at level 20

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I'd love to see a permadeath campaign, or permadeath-light where you only have a certain number of lives. You wouldn't lose your char obviously, but the fear of getting kicked out of the campaign early would be a good reason to support the 'kneel' mechanic they have planned.
Yea Todd has posted to that they will be introducing these at some point, most likely as some kind of stretch goal.

There will be different versions tested and are pretty much as you mentioned: 1 death and kicked, or a limited lives version were you may be allowed 3 or X deaths total, or on a per day basis and if you exceed it you get kicked.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I like that their spells and animations are rather subdued and not as flashy as the rave show that is Guild Wars 2. The second video with Thomas' background was also pretty good.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Yeah it's not going to stop zerging at all but it adds another dynamic to combat and makes it more interesting.

There will always be that guy with the big AOE who isn't going to check his fire and is going to end up killing as much of his team as the enemy.
allahu ackbar

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This game will be a challenge to any big organized pvp guild. If physics and FF actually work (probably a long shot to work right) it will change the way PVP is played. You won't be able to zerg ball this game like every big guild does due to collision and shit. It'll be fun to watch.
It's true, games with more complex mechanics and tools to use for large scale PvP are more challenging in that they require us to step up our game and be more thoughtful with our tactics and strategy. However, it also gives an immense advantage to big organized PvP guilds that accomplish that.

In games where zerg-balls are basically as effective as any other strategies a disorganized group of 30 players can beat an organized group of ~20 players, ceteris paribus.

But in games like say, GW2, which offer incredible synergies and large-scale tools to use to beat competition, the organized group of players can use tools simply not available to the zerg ball to win. Whether it's group composition, buff stacking or portal bombing (Or all the other baller strats that were developed long after I quit GW2). When we went through the effort to do it, our golem-portal rushes could move from our castle to take the enemy castle in 5 minutes. This is around the response time of a disorganized zerg. That meant that once we knew where the enemy was we could take their undefended but hard assets before they could respond and defend.

The other part to this that I'm really excited about is that Crowfall is focused on the map-level strategy which is something we haven't really enjoyed since GW2. ESO had no need for map level strats since it was all farming and AA had no map. (The big PvP events were too small to support this). Being able to delegate resources to attain a maximum amount of key objectives in an MMO is pretty fun gameplay. It's like an RTS but much more complex and nondeterministic.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Just got confirmation that anyone that has alpha one access will be involved in the first pre-alpha test in the next month or so.

Kickstarter / Pre-Alpha - Community Question & Answer - Crowfall Community

"Everyone in Alpha 1 will get to play in this test before we are done. The crowfall.com store was live on 3/10, half way through the Kickstarter. Order of backing is Kickstarter number for the Kickstarter backers and backing date for website backers (and these two groups do overlap).

Again, everyone with Alpha 1 will end up playing in this first test. We'll do a founders update on the entire testing process soon with all the details."