Crowfall

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There may very well be something like that that's more prevalent than I know, I just don't know of one.

Anyone in the pre alpha got any leet beta infos?

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
It the Diamond 5k tier+

There would not even be enough players to fill a 48 man instance even if every single pre-alpha was active.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yea, just don't have the exact time frame yet.

The Pre-Alpha guys are running in the actual development build right now. Once the have a suitable test build ready they will start letting in the alpha 1's.

All the Alpha 1 guys will get in for sure, he also didn't actually say they would stop at alpha 1 as well so there is a remote possibility some alpha 2's might get in. (probably higher backer # from KS)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's almost like they are working instead of selling snake oil spaceships?

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
Compare their progress especially to the other Kickstarted MMO's, Shroud of the Avatar/Camelot Unchained etc. that have had more time to build their stuff...this just looks more fun, like a real MMO and not a small team indie thing.

tldr decision to go from brown to gray was clutch.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like how open these guys are, it's nothing like what we're used to seeing.

Then again I have never paid someone $500.00 to make a game for me before either.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but in my experience the initial phases of development are some of the fastest. By that I mean, implementing bare bones features usually isn't the longest part of a project. It's the refining, tuning, and fleshing out of those features to be feature complete that is harder and takes longer.

That being said, these guys are clearly still very motivated and passionate about their project. I just went in on the discounted full game tier so I don't think I've got access until a late beta or something. Looking forward to the gameplay vids you guys post and continuing to see their progress on the game.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
The character movement is similar to ESO, which i am not a fan of. To elaborate, when strafing to the side, instead of the characters continuing to look the direction that the camera is facing, the character looks towards the direction of the he/she is running. It doesnt look or feel right. The problem is that in "free camera" games where mouse-1 and mouse-2 are attack keys instead of of being the traditional camera keys, there is less control of the camera.

bizzy2010_sl

shitlord
Compare their progress especially to the other Kickstarted MMO's, Shroud of the Avatar/Camelot Unchained etc. that have had more time to build their stuff...this just looks more fun, like a real MMO and not a small team indie thing.

tldr decision to go from brown to gray was clutch.
You realize they bought their engine right? Where is a game you referred to.. Camelot Unchained built theirs from scratch.

And this has nothing to do with the quote i am responding to, but... I can see blatant fanboyism by some people about their "hunger dome" to me, it looks like shit, it looks like a ESO/GW2 gameplay and character skills/response time etc... If that is what you want then ,i guess i see why you're so happy.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You realize they bought their engine right? Where is a game you referred to.. Camelot Unchained built theirs from scratch.

And this has nothing to do with the quote i am responding to, but... I can see blatant fanboyism by some people about their "hunger dome" to me, it looks like shit, it looks like a ESO/GW2 gameplay and character skills/response time etc... If that is what you want then ,i guess i see why you're so happy.
Uh oh!!! We have some hurt feelings here!! Climbing up the post ladder while finally leaving the CU thread. Explore the world brother!!

rrr_img_108452.jpg

Now for my real response, no one gives a shit if a engine was bought or earned through the blood and tears of developer anguish. All we really care about is if the game runs well and is fun to play. But you can hang off Marks nuts if you want to. The real test for both games is fun factor, responsive controls, and amount of content.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You make it sound like they download unity and make a game. There is so much more to it than that.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm

While I can agree the Unity games have a bit of a generic look to them. When a studio is on a budget like CU is it's a completely stupid move to waste the time and resources on building your own engine.

There is nothing in this video that is superior in any way to the footage we've seen from Crowfall: