Crowfall

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think it'll come down to this or Camelot Unchained being popular. There's no room for two.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It’s been in development a little over three years? I don’t get all the hate. How dare someone attempt a non cookie cutter MMO!

Because Gordon Walton is behind it who already blew through tons of customer kickstarter funds because he is an unethical designer who ruins anything he touches? I have more faith in McQuaid to deliver than this schmuck.

Have they announced free to play with a cash shop yet?

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Because Gordon Walton is behind it who already blew through tons of customer kickstarter funds because he is an unethical designer who ruins anything he touches? I have more faith in McQuaid to deliver than this schmuck.

Have they announced free to play with a cash shop yet?

Did you just paint McQuaid as ethical? lolz

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Did you just paint McQuaid as ethical? lolz

Well it’s like comparing the best of two evils. McQuaid is at least trying and owned his mistakes. Have to give him credit for that.

Walton is not only a dumb shit. His ego tells him otherwise and he hasn’t admitted any of his past mistakes in anything he has done. Unless I missed a lip service post when he was begging for cash to squander on a project he couldn’t give a rats ass about.

I feel bad for the people working for him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the 2 years I have been playing and testing crowfall through the pre alpha. Gordon has always been helpful engaging and done more to try and smooth over rough edges than any person I have ever seen. He answered many questions blunty but with care and took time out of vacations and travel time to personally handle some things that could have waited, till the next day or a better time.

You might hate the dude. I personally think he is a god damned rock star for the work he has done over the last two years. Sure he has done some unpopular things, but he has always done what he was asked to do with some style and panache.

Crowfall might not turn out great. There are some problems with it, but Gordon is not one of them.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gordon works his ass off for the crowfall tester community. I know I wouldnt be rebooting servers at 10pm on a Friday night or replying to emails immediately for customer service.

In the 2 years I have been playing and testing crowfall through the pre alpha. Gordon has always been helpful engaging and done more to try and smooth over rough edges than any person I have ever seen. He answered many questions blunty but with care and took time out of vacations and travel time to personally handle some things that could have waited, till the next day or a better time.

You might hate the dude. I personally think he is a god damned rock star for the work he has done over the last two years. Sure he has done some unpopular things, but he has always done what he was asked to do with some style and panache.

Crowfall might not turn out great. There are some problems with it, but Gordon is not one of them.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol. What a shitshow MMo's have become.

If someone back in 2007 told you WoW would still be alive as the premier MMO in 2019 you would have told them to stop smoking crack.

Here we are.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

Anyone playing this? Got an email that was talking about creating a guild, I wasn't sure if it had come far enough to enjoy yet.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I think at this point if you want to progress at all you'll likely need to follow a newbie guide from their forums. You're just not likely to figure out how to progress past having starter gear. So far as I can tell there isn't a TON to do, but there is a core loop in place now. Which isn't nothing.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still playing everyday.

There is no handholding.

There are no npc's giving you quests.

There is no story but the one you make.

There is nothing to do, but to go do things. Gather mats, make things with mats. Fail the crafting rolls, and gather more mats. Get a bunch of mats, get rolled by 10 enemies and have them steal everything. Get some friends together and go try and kill the enemies. But first you need more mats. To make the things, so that you can kill the enemies, who are gathering mats.

You bring 10 they have 20. They now have your mats. They come and take your fort. Now you can't craft anything and have no mats. Your only safe zones are the eternal kingdoms and the beachhead. And they are waiting at the beachhead egress.. With axes.

Thank god I am on the enemy side with more people, more coordination, more mats and more crafters.

Go go good guys.

Hekotat

Nothing like having to watch a fucking tutorial to be able to play a game. Also, why wouldn't you start out with some kind of shit starter gear? You have to craft every single item before you can even do anything in the world.

These are not good game design choices. I'll be surprised if this game makes it a year after it launches.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Nothing like having to watch a fucking tutorial to be able to play a game. Also, why wouldn't you start out with some kind of shit starter gear? You have to craft every single item before you can even do anything in the world.

These are not good game design choices. I'll be surprised if this game makes it a year after it launches.
I would be surprised if the game releases in its current state. You aren't wrong, but there are plenty of more legitimate things to be worried about than the lack of an in game tutorial in alpha or whatever phase this game is in right now.