Crowfall

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I would be surprised if the game releases in its current state. You aren't wrong, but there are plenty of more legitimate things to be worried about than the lack of an in game tutorial in alpha or whatever phase this game is in right now.

Dude, go watch their latest video on how the talent system works. I think they're trying to one-up Warframe with most confusing systems in a game to date.

I'm sure there are other issues as well, but if the majority of your audience is bored to tears within ten minutes of playing you're going to lose them. Anyone that makes it past this point will likely stick around but I bet you lose another chunk at the 30 minute mark.

It's pretty lacking for a game they expect to launch at the beginning of next year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Dude, go watch their latest video on how the talent system works. I think they're trying to one-up Warframe with most confusing systems in a game to date.

I'm sure there are other issues as well, but if the majority of your audience is bored to tears within ten minutes of playing you're going to lose them. Anyone that makes it past this point will likely stick around but I bet you lose another chunk at the 30 minute mark.

It's pretty lacking for a game they expect to launch at the beginning of next year.
Oh jesus, they expect to launch that soon? Yikes.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still playing everyday.

There is no handholding.

There are no npc's giving you quests.

There is no story but the one you make.

There is nothing to do, but to go do things. Gather mats, make things with mats. Fail the crafting rolls, and gather more mats. Get a bunch of mats, get rolled by 10 enemies and have them steal everything. Get some friends together and go try and kill the enemies. But first you need more mats. To make the things, so that you can kill the enemies, who are gathering mats.

You bring 10 they have 20. They now have your mats. They come and take your fort. Now you can't craft anything and have no mats. Your only safe zones are the eternal kingdoms and the beachhead. And they are waiting at the beachhead egress.. With axes.

Thank god I am on the enemy side with more people, more coordination, more mats and more crafters.

Go go good guys.
So, Ultima online style..

• 1Dislike

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Fail the crafting rolls? Like, randomly or just bad at the system? Not sure how the system works.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
So, Ultima online style..
I've never played Crowfail but I can confidently say that the gameplay in UO didn't have anywhere near the focus and reliance on crafting that it does in every sandboxy MMO made by incompetent retards these days.

• 1Solidarity

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crowfall sent out emails to backers for the first campaign. Here is what this means:
WHAT IT IS
Every backer now has access to the TEST server. While we don’t guarantee 24/7 uptime, we have been keeping it up more often than not -- and we’ve been able to work through a mountain of bugs to make the experience as fun, and playable, as possible.
For those of you who don’t keep your eyes glued to our every tweet and forum post (it’s ok, I forgive you), this version is called First Campaign because it includes:
  • Time-limited Campaign servers, that span
  • Multiple continents (10 per Campaign) linked by Runegates,
  • Capturable territory (Outposts, Towers, Forts, & Keeps),
  • PvP hotspots like quarries, mines, and mills
  • which produce building materials (and notify other teams when you collect them),
  • Siege Mechanics with siege engines (trebuchets and catapults!) and destructible walls,
  • a Leaderboard to track guild and player participation in the campaign, rolling up into a
  • Scoring mechanic that allows teams to collect victory points over the course of the
  • Seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter), each of which has
  • a day/night cycle with random weather events with fog, rain and snow, and ramps up the
  • Hunger contagion that spreads to each world and kills the resources they need to survive.
Most importantly, the Campaign ends with a decisive victory condition: one, and only one, team will win the Campaign.
(Oh! And we also added tutorial tips for new players, new faction temples, and Talent Trees for every class… but that’s all off-topic; let’s stay focused on the Campaign rules for now.)
The opening of this first campaign also means they sent out shareable invites for this first campaign. I have 2 if anyone wants them let me know. They give you access to this campaign and a 20% discount for backer packs and so on. PM me or reply and first 2 gets them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hit me up if anyone is in, I'm goofing off in the NA campaign trying to figure out what's going on.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I think it's just a tree chopping simulator.

• 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hard to make basic shit, pretty, or fun.

But this is the farthest thing from Wow there is.

In the last 3 weeks they have had 3 different maps. You have almost no idea where stuff is. I mean sure there are keeps in the siege islands, and a couple forts in all the zones but the placement varies. The materials everyone fights over are all in different areas and clusters. The towers and camps to take, that grant capture points are all over the place.

Is it a fantastic, polished, finished game? No. But I am still having fun.

• 1Solidarity