Crowfall

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The Beta patch is up on Test and they've made a lot of good changes to crafting and harvesting. There isn't any PVP until it goes to Live but it finally feels like a game.

I still haven't experienced combat but I'm looking forward to jumping in once it hits live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The Beta patch is up on Test and they've made a lot of good changes to crafting and harvesting. There isn't any PVP until it goes to Live but it finally feels like a game.

I still haven't experienced combat but I'm looking forward to jumping in once it hits live.

Let me know when they bring back Natalie (at least I think that was her name, its been years).

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Let me know when its playable.

After it hits live and there is actual PVP I'll post an update. I'm concerned with performance at this point. I'm pushing about 35fps for the most part with no one around. We'll see how it pans out.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
After it hits live and there is actual PVP I'll post an update. I'm concerned with performance at this point. I'm pushing about 35fps for the most part with no one around. We'll see how it pans out.
Same here. With just me on the screen I'm getting anywhere from 30-45 fps.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Thanks for the update...I have a ton of crap from KS package that I need to test out.

I'll do that closer to a beta release

Hekotat

Some of the victory cards got posted today, pretty cool idea.

1586461134259.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Style is fine, FPS is not.

It's a real head-scratcher this is 232 pages and it's about a game that isn't playable.

Have most of you not fought in big battles and experienced the chunking? If the game goes gold like this it's an embarrassment.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have and the performance is rough.

They are also trying to do things noone has done.

I do think it is going to generally flop, and flop hard. But most gamers nowadays are also entitled cunts. The devs have had some amazing ideas, very very very few have come out with great implementation. There is a lot to gripe and bitch over, but there is also some very hard things they are trying to do, and they are trying something new.

I have spent way too much money on this, and I know better, but I am going to see it through, watch the carcass burn and hope they sell it off to someone who can right the ship later.

This has so much wasted potential, and can even in its twisted form, still be quite a bit of fun with buds. Try it, form your own opinions, and hate on it lots. I really do not mind.

But I will play it once it releases, and bitch even more then. :p

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

232 pages of silence.

I'll ask again. Anyone fought in battles here?

I got ganked a few times, decided to wait until it was closer to release. This next release will be the time to jump in. I know a few of us on here will as well as PRX.

I also thing it'll flop because they are just now worried about performance and that has always been the death of these games when the initial rush hits. I think Camelot Unchained will fair better since they've been focused on that since day 1. However, I've already backed several years ago so I'll see how it goes at launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I bought a package in 2015 for $150. It's labeled "kickstarter_3f9dc068-2b60-11e5-8d1b-cb3d848259d3" on my account page but nowhere does it list the support level. I looked at their kickstarter page but it doesn't list any packages for $150, only a $130 for silver than a $175 for gold. Possible they changed the prices on packages since I bought mine?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least Marc Jacobs refused to move forward with Camelot:Unchained without his chief engineer expert/bug expert. They paused development for 1-2 years to wait for the lead software engineer they needed.

So there's at least some hope there, as Hekotat mentioned earlier.

mrmoneda

Trakanon Raider
About a month ago one of the regular testers posted the following video on the forum asking the devs to do something about performance. The "hitching" you can see has been a part of the testing experience practically since the beginning, but he obviously had some severe occurrences that would completely freeze his screen regardless of what was happening around him:

The devs made it a priority to work on performance over bug hunting/fixing afterward and this past weekend the same tester filmed the footage of the following video, with no hitching (that I can notice) and decent FPS during some decently large fights (though you'll see dips into 20s and teens in the later part of the video):

There are numerous criticisms to be aimed at the development of this game but I don't see any reason to write it off completely. I wouldn't advise testing it at the moment, as that can still feel like trying to explain math to a brick wall sometimes, but if Crowfall was on your radar it should stay there IMO.