Crowfall

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The world is also empty as fuck, takes hours to get up to a level where you can get to the "fun" part and unless you're rolling with a crew you're not going to have fun.

Also, leveling up is pants on head retarded. It basically forces you to continue doing the worst, most un-fun part of the game so you can then sacrifice your items in order to gain levels for spells. Once again, the only way to do this is to chop trees, smash rocks or mine ore since the world is empty and there is nothing to kill aside from a few small groups of boars that don't even fight back half the time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hard to make basic shit, pretty, or fun.

But this is the farthest thing from Wow there is.

In the last 3 weeks they have had 3 different maps. You have almost no idea where stuff is. I mean sure there are keeps in the siege islands, and a couple forts in all the zones but the placement varies. The materials everyone fights over are all in different areas and clusters. The towers and camps to take, that grant capture points are all over the place.

Is it a fantastic, polished, finished game? No. But I am still having fun.

Judging by that video, it looks like they made a less pretty WoW and removed quest givers. So, I apologize if my point, that still remains, offended you.

Typically, the "basic shit" of the game is exactly what makes them fun. I've never played the game, so obviously I was just commenting on the content of that one video. I tried to make that clear by using words like "this" and "vid". Crowfall could be fun, and I believe you have fun playing Crowfall, I just haven't seen anything that looks fun.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh hell yeah. I get clubbed like a baby seal if I show my head outside of an EK for more than 10 minutes.

The game is rough, it is in parts seriously unfun even to some people. It will always be a niche game.

I am a fanboy for it, while hating large parts of it. But it is entertaining to me. Other opinions vary.

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
its not a game players without a core group are going to enjoy. There is too much reliance on other players to be a solo gank star beyond annoying defenseless solo harvesters.

• 1Like

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
I realised I have access to this, having backed it on Kickstarter right at the start for $30.

Being bored and craving a new mmo, I fired it up today and what a waste of time it was.

It is literally a gathering and crafting simulator with what feels like the occasional GW2 esque bit of world v world pvp. I hit max level in 3 hours using this ridiculous gather ore/wood and craft then ‘sacrifice’ the item for exp method. None of it was fun.

I have yet to even meet a player in the wilderness. It’s just empty and boring.

Furthermore, the food mechanics and mana mechanics are beyond retarded - get below a certain food level and your mana stops regenning and farming for food is painful.

Giving it a few more hours to try to experience some of the siege stuff but if you have to constantly do as much gathering and crafting to participate in the part of the game that might be fun, it’s going to be a game that is dead on arrival.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Please tell us more about how unfinished a game just about to come out of pre-alpha is.

Hekotat

I realised I have access to this, having backed it on Kickstarter right at the start for $30.

Being bored and craving a new mmo, I fired it up today and what a waste of time it was.

It is literally a gathering and crafting simulator with what feels like the occasional GW2 esque bit of world v world pvp. I hit max level in 3 hours using this ridiculous gather ore/wood and craft then ‘sacrifice’ the item for exp method. None of it was fun.

I have yet to even meet a player in the wilderness. It’s just empty and boring.

Furthermore, the food mechanics and mana mechanics are beyond retarded - get below a certain food level and your mana stops regenning and farming for food is painful.

Giving it a few more hours to try to experience some of the siege stuff but if you have to constantly do as much gathering and crafting to participate in the part of the game that might be fun, it’s going to be a game that is dead on arrival.

Don't forget that after the campaign resets (Weekly, Monthly or whatever) you get to start over and do it all again!

If you like Minecraft you might enjoy this, except there is no building just crafting.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its not a game players without a core group are going to enjoy. There is too much reliance on other players to be a solo gank star beyond annoying defenseless solo harvesters.

Yeah, not a solo friendly game at all. Most pvp mmos have that problem though. Not sure how you can fix it.

Hope somebody figures it out. Group pvp play is hella fun, but it's hard to maintain a group with only a few hours to play a week and real life commitments.

• 1Like

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Please tell us more about how unfinished a game just about to come out of pre-alpha is.

It is the core of the game I am questioning, not how finished it is. Unless they fundamentally change the importance of gathering and crafting it just seems like a laborious grind to unlock the main part of the game.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
4 of my friends sucked me in. We kind of don’t pick what we play anymore, we’re too old. Instead, if someone decides to play something, then we all do it just to hang out.

Anyway

Pros :

Fun strategizing over optimal resource gathering setups. Who makes this, who farms that. It’s a bit complex and the difference between white and green and blue gear is like, pretty fucking big in terms of dedication to a craft.

4-10 man skirmishes - just a good speed to the combat. Kind of EQ meets LoL with EQ gameplay and speed and LoL spacing concepts. Like if your damage gets out of position then assassins get him etc.

Ganking vs farming - you can decide on gathering yourself or trying to steal. Both are exciting with the threat of the gank

Teamwork- if you have a dedicated crew of autists the game really opens up for even a casual player. Like if one or 2 guys grind pig asses all week, then you can give them some mats and they can make you leather Vs spending weeks grinding pig asses. Game encourages cooperation

Cons

Not close to optimal performance. Feels like it’s still far away from running with more than 20 people in an area.

Lots of useless abilities so there’s really no diversity yet among classes. Kind of like diablo where everyone figures out the best spec and there’s not many other routes, even if you don’t copy it it’ll be your class 80%ish

No clear rewards for doing anything. Like why am I grinding all these pig asses? So we win more forts? Because of profit?

Overall

Fun to mess around with the pals, but tough to say if they get it together

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot all about this game and I've had alpha access for 2 years now. It's about time they might release this. I should fire it up and see what changes have happened because it was really boring when I tried it.

• 1Solidarity

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right now they have had a 4 month freeze on any changes while they work on the next big patch. Next big patch is when you should hop in to be honest. This one right now is a dead end before MASSIVE changes to pretty much every facet of the game.

The next big patch should be in the next 2-6 weeks to test server. then 2-6 weeks to the live server. Then after some polish they are going to shift to beta and start inviting people who are signed up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Interesting ruleset. I wish the visuals weren't so cartoonish, but I can look past that.

Hekotat

Yeah, I'd wait. I tried to check it out during the Christmas break and there were like 12 people on the server. I'm hoping beta brings in the masses so I can get an idea if I'm going to like it or not.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is 14 people on the us PVP Campaign server. But they had 90 on the Non pvp Joveth Gods reach server.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol this mother fucking game. Good luck. The fucker behind this is a God Damn con artist.

• 1Like