Crowfall

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Wasn't this game supposed to be all about destructible environments and world interaction? Those videos look incredibly bland moving over well-trod territory.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

francisbaud

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After it hits live and there is actual PVP I'll post an update. I'm concerned with performance at this point. I'm pushing about 35fps for the most part with no one around. We'll see how it pans out.
J Todd posted a message about a week ago concerning performances improvements.
  • a few improvements in the rendering pipeline = fps boost on all machines
  • grass cards improved to perform better
  • new culling system to help with performances
  • fixed frame rate stutter that happened when looking at harvesting interactables
  • improvement on Unity garbage collection = less hitching when running around the game

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Graphics wise it is nothing to write home about. Gameplay wise it is standard mmo concepts from 10+ years back. Crafting wise it is one of the most detailed I have seen but slow and frustrating.

It is a bastard love child. But it has territory control, in a guild vrs guild ruleset now, as well as a faction ruleset that is not being actively used while they test the dregs. (Guild vrs guild).

Is it well polished, released, great game? No.

But what the fuck else is out there. At least it is scratching the annoyed itch for the moment.

• 1Like

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Moves into Beta on Aug 11th, first wave of invites go out then for those who haven't payed for the game but registered for the Beta.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is this game dogshit or what?

Latest streams I've watched they are puling 12fps with 5-10 people on stream. Supposed to be a RvRvR massive battle simulator that is driven by a crafted gear economy. I don't have high hopes for it due to performance.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Guess they ended up trying to make a fortnite looking mmo.... but graphics can be reserved for judgement at release. The main aspect of combat itself doesn't exactly look good, can't really tell what's friendly or enemy aoes other than seeing the direction of those tornados, but I suppose it could be one of those play it to know kind of things....
Still hoping this ends up being one of the games to finally pull me away from gw2 wvw.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Guess they ended up trying to make a fortnite looking mmo.... but graphics can be reserved for judgement at release. The main aspect of combat itself doesn't exactly look good, can't really tell what's friendly or enemy aoes other than seeing the direction of those tornados, but I suppose it could be one of those play it to know kind of things....
Still hoping this ends up being one of the games to finally pull me away from gw2 wvw.

I'd rest your hopes on CU if it actually launches, the performance and combat is fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
BETA is now live. Starter zones seem to have some performance issues from what streams I am watching.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Looks like someone applied the Fortnite filter to WoW but forgot to actually bring the gameplay aspects over.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I'll wait for the review for the beta. My main concern about this game is always been performance. How well do their code/infrastructure handle large scale PvP.