Crowfall

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah just time to let a nights worth of drinking $ at the bar without a happy ending join numerous others at this point. Goodbye Crowfall. At least I still have your avatar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So many faces I recognize in that video, people I used to work with at other companies. Monty was a big EQ player so it wouldn't surprise me if he lurked around here.

I had forgotten the game used Unity. I wonder if they were getting hitches from garbage collection?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Because it kinda was originally in the KS. Then they redesigned it several times.

If memory serves, wasn't the original idea that you would spawn in a world and after a certain amount of time it would reset/get destroyed (like Rust monthly resets), at which point a new world would spawn that everyone would play in?

I think that was their original idea to get around Shadowbane's issue of 1 guild/city becoming dominant and unbeatable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If memory serves, wasn't the original idea that you would spawn in a world and after a certain amount of time it would reset/get destroyed (like Rust monthly resets), at which point a new world would spawn that everyone would play in?

I think that was their original idea to get around Shadowbane's issue of 1 guild/city becoming dominant and unbeatable.
Right it was all guild based and you basically strip mined disposable worlds.

Of course the problem with that is no one gives a shit and anything and if a world isn't going well it's easy enough to just quit for a bit and go play another game.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I was a larger than normal Kickstarter donator when it was announced. I really liked the original idea of "Game of Thrones meets Eve Online".

Early on it was fascinating to be in the "White box" tests, and Gordon and Todd were very friendly.

A few of us pooled all the early KS credits and had a !@#$ mountain that was promised full of tons of areas to set up houses, shops, etc.

Somewhere a few years later, the ideas changed....needless to say I never got a mountain. lol

Still, no regrets.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was a larger than normal Kickstarter donator when it was announced. I really liked the original idea of "Game of Thrones meets Eve Online".

Early on it was fascinating to be in the "White box" tests, and Gordon and Todd were very friendly.

A few of us pooled all the early KS credits and had a !@#$ mountain that was promised full of tons of areas to set up houses, shops, etc.

Somewhere a few years later, the ideas changed....needless to say I never got a mountain. lol

Still, no regrets.

You have no regrets about the thing you paid for that never happened?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

You have no regrets about the thing you paid for that never happened?

Fair question, no regrets for the years of testing I got to be apart of early on. It was clear a couple years in that they were changing, so that sucked but in all my bad investments and gambles..I can live with it.

Don't get me started on Everquest Next and Star Citizen, but I didn't go for Pantheon at least.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fair question, no regrets for the years of testing I got to be apart of early on. It was clear a couple years in that they were changing, so that sucked but in all my bad investments and gambles..I can live with it.

Don't get me started on Everquest Next and Star Citizen, but I didn't go for Pantheon at least.
What did you do with the quoting lol

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why did people ever think this was a Shadowbane-like game again?
As someone in a guild that dominated their Shadowbane server at release, went peaceful for weeks only to curbstomp the opposition several times, the idea of the game was perfect for world PvP. It was sort of like a more involved Guild Wars 2 campaign which only lasted a week and was fairly repetitive. It's world PvP meets battle royal.

I still think the MMO scene is ripe for this kind of game.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
As someone in a guild that dominated their Shadowbane server at release, went peaceful for weeks only to curbstomp the opposition several times, the idea of the game was perfect for world PvP. It was sort of like a more involved Guild Wars 2 campaign which only lasted a week and was fairly repetitive. It's world PvP meets battle royal.

I still think the MMO scene is ripe for this kind of game.

It looked like an even more clowned up instanced bg simulator than GW 2

and nothing like Shadowbane

GW 1 was infinitely superior to whatever the hell GW 2 was

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thanks imaginary friend for imaginary game. Checks out. c_c
1715529986035.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users