Cubeworld

xzi

Mouthbreather
Delly, a friend and I went boss hunting and it was actually quite fun. We ran into this Insectoid boss that probably took us 20 minutes to kill and it straight up was like a WoW boss fight. A little less scripted nowadays, so more like a Vanilla WoW boss but it was pretty fucking difficult. Had 3 or 4 different big abilities, one he would throw his arms in the air and whenever he grabbed his bow again he would 1shot anything in his way. Pets came in handy, but we learned pretty quickly to use a tree to our advantage to dodge him. Then he'd do this weird aura thing that would make him attack super fast, and last one was a whirlwind that would almost instagib everyone but our tank.

It was kind of obnoxious but it paid off because we all gained an entire level and a half + a ton of money and 3 or 4 drops, followed by individual drops for our specific class that went straight to our inventory. It was pretty fucking cool.

Then there's smaller bosses that only took us a minute or two, those were more like WoW dungeon bosses instead of raid bosses. Which makes sense because they are in dungeons pretty much.

This game is 100 times more fun when playing with friends no doubt. I don't even want to go back to playing single player now. I'm looking forward to see where this game ends up because for it being in Alpha, I'm pretty goddamn impressed with what has been done.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I was coming to post pretty much what Xzi said.

Before level 5 is pretty brutal for almost any class, though the easiest would probably be the water mage just because of that heal. After 5 it was a completely different game, being able to take several mobs on at one time (in a group). Having a tutorial in the future that would get you like 3 levels while doing it would be a good start, at least for new players.

We worked the class holy trinity as best we could. I tanked, Xzi healed, and we had a DPS Boomeranger. Without having a healer I think the pot chugging would become extremely tedious other then finding the random places to sleep.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
hhmm maybe that was my issue... I could barely kill a single creature and if I got an add it was always game over. I never even could get to level 2 and I played for well over an hour. I was playing a fire mage cause I tried the warrior and he is just... I don't want to say broken but totally devoid of fun imo, and I just couldn't seem to kill anything but things that gave 1 exp. Even with the mage I can only kill a single mob that gives 7 exp at at time. Was just very tedious to me and I was only lvl 1 so I just said nah and went back to MC hehe I might go back and try the water mage and see if that is any better.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It is definitely a slow starting game. If you could grind out of first 5 levels or so it feels a lot smoother. Still challenging but not ridiculous.

Remember to get pots, a pet (buy food from store in town), and maybe choose one of the good seeds for a lantern or possibly an easy starting location. Mobs vary in difficulty. You could have all red mobs where you start and all blue mobs farther away from that. Not all mobs are created equal either. Mages are nasty to fight against. Not all blue mobs are the same difficulty. They have different attacks, some are more important to dodge then others.

To put it simply at the beginning its a clusterfuck of things to figure out but once you do and get a few critical levels things are more enjoyable.

Oh and as always, the more the merrier.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it just me, or is the Picroma page slammed to oblivion? I tried about 10 different times to create an account and buy the game, but every time the page either didn't load or I got the "server maintenance" message.

Anyone else have better luck?

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's nothing amazing, but I put together a video of a few of us killing bosses from last night to some music. No lets plays, just gameplay. Parts of it are sped up because.. well come on nobody wants to see all the trash really + one of the bossfights literally took 19 minutes.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So here is the things that Cube World is capable (and probably have planned) for the future. Obviously not everything, but this is just the stuff currently in the game, just not available unless cheating.

http://imgur.com/a/CL3pg

I'm having fun with this on and off. One moment I feel burnt out, the next I'm with friends and we're rolling through dungeons or doing 15 minute boss fights. While it feels a bit bare bones now, this is a definite buy, especially for the future.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
After watching the gameplay vids, it's killing me that their servers are down. Definite buy once it comes back up.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
After watching the gameplay vids, it's killing me that their servers are down. Definite buy once it comes back up.
I was able to register earlier this morning, there was a brief window of opportunity where their server(s) weren't getting destroyed. Seriously though, who DoS attacks a dude and his wife doing a hobby project.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Finally created an account. Waiting to buy the game due to down server. Wonder why they havent put this on Steam? I am sure they could make more money with better security.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Finally created an account. Waiting to buy the game due to down server. Wonder why they havent put this on Steam? I am sure they could make more money with better security.
Maybe they are going through the Greenlight process still, who knows.

Anyway the game is losing its charm for me after a good many hours played now, the +gooder item / level grind is really showing through and the lack of advanced skills beyond -0.01 to a skill timer is a bit of a bummer. I did have a good time exploring my world for a long time though, I ditched my starting continent and found 3 oceans connected together with tons of islands... still haven't found a new continent but I liked zipping around in my +306% move speed boat.

It also suffers from procedurally generated MMO instance syndrome; after awhile everything looks virtually the same, with minor differences and thus feel entirely meaningless beyond the grind potential. It would be wonderful if a hand built map were created and filled with interesting factions, quests and locations.

Oh and btw has anyone ever found an ore deposit beyond emerald? I've stopped bothering with caves because after the 100th one with nothing but bats and iron it seems pointless. It's a shame because it makes all of the interesting item recipes unusable.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Found ruby once on my own, never sapphire or diamond. There are seeds for those if you really need the gems.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've found Sapphire and Ruby ores several times. Though its definitely scarce.

I doubt this is going through the Greenlight process. The creator (Wollay) seems kind of stuck up. He wants to do everything himself (+wife) and won't even accept help from anyone, even if its for free.

I still enjoy the game, especially with friends. If Wollay ever gets his head out of his ass this game will be great... when that day comes is a mystery.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's pretty late in the States, but Reg, Shop and Website are all up right now.

Also, if you are trying to check status,this websiteis a good way to monitor it.

I just picked this up this morning before work.
Looking to do some multiplayer.
Would love to do multiplayer as well

Got to lvl4 as a mage, but skills seems a bit bare bones? Like the 2 attacks you get at the beginning, thats the skills you get, period? (beside healing and teleport)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Would love to do multiplayer as well

Got to lvl4 as a mage, but skills seems a bit bare bones? Like the 2 attacks you get at the beginning, thats the skills you get, period? (beside healing and teleport)
Yeah most classes get 4 or 5 skills altogether. Supposedly adding more skill trees further into development.