Cubeworld

Nutron_sl

shitlord
thats weird..it doesnt even go over 20% on my i7 2600k... granted thats a good processo but my old q6660 would probably stand up no problem as well.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
actually got it under control I think, please hit me with your IP dude

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
honestly man its in alpha and plays like an alpha

solo play is kinda boring, and the amount of CPU rape involved with hosting unoptimized server makes my multiplayer experience thus far a pain

imo unless your really hungry for some old school ARPG action wait till he optimizes some stuff because the CPU usage even with limiters for alot of people is off the charts (resulting in slow renders or crashing)

combat is a blast even though its kinda bare bones atm, see some really great potential here though.

when its working as intended the combat is really smooth and very fun
smile.png

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Any more impressions guys? Pretty interested to see what everyone thinks before I get it.
Personally I Think this is a game that pretty much requires multiplayer to fully enjoy it. There's not enough at the moment to make single player fun beyond a few hours of fucking around.
I really think he missed the boat by not going more a Minecraft route with block building and mod support (he's said no mod support).

DMK_sl

shitlord
Thanks fellas. Well I guess it is alpha he may have needed to make a bit more coin to invest more time into it. It does seem like it has a lot of potential. Unfortunately I don't really have a group of gamer friends All my IRL mates don't play games. My steam account name is Draelo if anyone wants to add me. Be great to start gaming with a group of gamers.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have been playing this all day / night, partially because I am super bored atm with the other games I have, and also because it's fun. If you want to be overpowered and have an easier time in the beginning with dungeons, roll a water mage and put points into the self heal. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's super fun to kite a whole group of mobs and heal on the run. For an Alpha & at $20 bucks, there are worse things you could be playing for sure. It's pretty much just exploring / killing shit currently, but it's great if you don't expect too much more than that. Going to add some people on steam -name is RemoWilliams.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
It's a fun game, the combat is really fun, it looks and feels great. However the balance really seems off in most biome where you can go like 10 minutes walking around before finding an enemy thats worth killing. Dungeons are pretty fun and challenging for the most part.

Problem with this game is really the content...which is inexistant at the moment. I spent 45 minutes riding around at the end of my last session where I was just trying to reach something interesting and it never happened. I'll probably shelf it as well ntil more content is put in. If it's true that this game will not support mods, I regret buying it :\

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Can't register to buy
frown.png
Trading Card hunter account if anyone is interested/able to.
Registration goes up and down. I couldn't register yesterday morning but it was working in the evening and I registered/bought it with no problem. Just try again in a couple hours.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Apparently they've been getting DDoS'd which is why they temporarily closed registration. The main site is being hit now, pretty lame.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Once you get past the frustration of not knowing wtf to do and wiki some things it is fairly fun in a grindy way. Playing as a rogue pissed me the heck off (especially fighting bosses) until I figured out how to spec to ninja. It took me awhile to figure out that the class trainers can't interact with you at all and that you need to use the skills menu to switch.

I just wish that someone would create a game like this with actual quests, factions, regional powers, textures and less cubes.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I got it and downloaded it since I am still waiting for some mods to be finished up for MC 1.6 and have to say I didn't enjoy it at all. Was very lacking to me and I don't see what all the hype and excitement over it is but hey that is my 2c *shrugs* hehe Back to Hexxit.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Once you get past the frustration of not knowing wtf to do and wiki some things it is fairly fun in a grindy way. Playing as a rogue pissed me the heck off (especially fighting bosses) until I figured out how to spec to ninja. It took me awhile to figure out that the class trainers can't interact with you at all and that you need to use the skills menu to switch.

I just wish that someone would create a game like this with actual quests, factions, regional powers, textures and less cubes.
Once the novelty aspect wears off, the game really doesnt have any content
frown.png

The engine and combat are pretty good tho so maybe he will be able to turn it around and add something in. I was impatient to buy it and I regret it ;(