Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Easy

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Rockhard Weekend Hard

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They can pop up at any point in a persons life without warning, one day healthy, one day you'll feel like you have the flu, can't walk, and never recover. They're brutal because the immune system is the most efficient system in the body.

Autoimmunty has gone up nearly 10-50 fold in the past 100 years. Before the industrial revolution, they were fucking rare as hell. It's probably either our food or chemicals we're being exposed to that's causing it, or the Hygiene Hypothesis which states we're too clean and instead of finding pathogens to fight, it just starts arbitrarily attacking healthy cells.

Cancer is a red herring. Autoimmunity kills and ruins the lives of far more people. And the treatment? Chemotherapy drugs like Methotrexate or Cellcept. The first real Lupus drug in 50 years was recently released and it costs nearly $10,000 a month.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/classconne.../linear_scleroderma_2-14A4A5A683514B25756.png

Scleroderma is a real fun one. It's when your facial tissue becomes filled with collagen due to inflammation, along with your internal organs, and you die a very painful death while people don't even want to look at you because you look worse than having Leprosy.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Autoimmune disease comprises of a spectrum of around a hundred diseases. Everything from heart attacks to MS, to ALS, to Lupus have all been linked or suspected to be of autoimmune origin. Our own immune system, the very thing that keeps is alive, is also the largest cause of chronic disease. When it starts attacking your own body, it's relentless and never stops. Technically cancer is an autoimmune disease because its a failure of your immune system to get rid of malignant cells. Yep, you think we should cure cancer. Wrong alley, this is what we should be working on. Even fucking common allergies are autoimmune.

autoimm.bmp
Shut the fuck up already. Seriously. Just like cancer, (auto)immune responses are complex and often unique to individual cell/tissue type.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They can pop up at any point in a persons life without warning, one day healthy, one day you'll feel like you have the flu, can't walk, and never recover. They're brutal because the immune system is the most efficient system in the body.

Autoimmunty has gone up nearly 10-50 fold in the past 100 years. Before the industrial revolution, they were fucking rare as hell. It's probably either our food or chemicals we're being exposed to that's causing it, or the Hygiene Hypothesis which states we're too clean and instead of finding pathogens to fight, it just starts arbitrarily attacking healthy cells.
Or it's because 100 years ago the knowledge of disease and the immune system was archaic.

Shut
The
Fuck
Up

• 1Like

Woolygimp

Or it's because 100 years ago the knowledge of disease and the immune system was archaic.

Shut
The
Fuck
Up

They can dig up skeletons and find signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Scleroderma, and all the other diseases. People before the Industrial Revolution RARELY had autoimmunty. That's a fucking fact.

Mayo collected a TON of blood in 1950. They tested it recently for autoimmune markers and found that the blood markers were almost non-existent compared to blood drawn from modern humans. Autoimmunity IS skyrocketing you STUPID, COCKSUCKING, MOTHERFUCKER.

I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF YOUR IGNORANCE AND DOWNRIGHT STUPIDITY, SO TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT AND EAT IT.

Mayo Clinic study finds celiac disease 4 times more common than in 1950s

I'm not prone to violence but I'd really beat the fuck out of you right now because of how rude, ignorant, and retarded you can be. You're a god damn child that repeats, "na na nanana you're wrong, hahaha, you're wrong, na na nana na." while shitting their own god damn pants.

Autoimmune Disease: A Modern Epidemic?

Autoimmune Statistics - AARDA

Why Allergies & Autoimmune Diseases Are Skyrocketing

People are sicker today than ever before.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wooly has now officially made me scared of my own cells. Fuck you cells! Fuck you autoimmune system!

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
FFS, I was really enjoying reading this thread until Wooly showed up and started flinging feces around the place.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They can dig up skeletons and find signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Scleroderma, and all the other diseases. People before the Industrial Revolution RARELY had autoimmunty. That's a fucking fact.

Mayo collected a TON of blood in 1950. They tested it recently for autoimmune markers and found that the blood markers were almost non-existent compared to blood drawn from modern humans. Autoimmunity IS skyrocketing you STUPID, COCKSUCKING, MOTHERFUCKER.

I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF YOUR IGNORANCE AND DOWNRIGHT STUPIDITY, SO TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT AND EAT IT.

I'm not prone to violence but I'd really beat the fuck out of you right now because of how rude, ignorant, and retarded you can be. You're a god damn child that repeats, "na na nanana you're wrong, hahaha, you're wrong, na na nana na." while shitting their own god damn pants.

First. Link the actual study. I'd like to know the protein they assayed for several reasons, one being is it produced in response the the presence of gluten, i.e. could the blood samples of those people collected in 48 - 54 not have produced the protein "environmental" conditions. Second, hiw stable is the protein? Third, I need to know more about the antibody they used to assay.

Other articles are news articles, not peer reviewed papers.

I never said autoimmune diseases were not prevelant, I just dont want to have you shit up another thread withyour idiotic rants.

Also shut the fuck up.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
or the Hygiene Hypothesis which states we're too clean and instead of finding pathogens to fight, it just starts arbitrarily attacking healthy cells.
I like this hypothesis because it validates me living like a slob.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>

Spongebob-gif-spengbab-o.gif

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
My favorite part was the bit about not being able to do surgery without antibiotics. I'm not even sure what he's trying to say, I don't think anyone is claiming autoimmune disease doesn't exist lol

Woolygimp

My favorite part was the bit about not being able to do surgery without antibiotics. I'm not even sure what he's trying to say, I don't think anyone is claiming autoimmune disease doesn't exist lol

Without antibiotics, surgery would become a lot riskier as you could die from a simple infection. It's one of the greatest fears of a post-antibiotic age, where diseases have become resistant to all of our ABs.

ZZZZZZ, I'm fucking tired of you and your shit posting. You don't present any arguments, you're just a terrible troll.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
In hundreds of years humans will look back on this era and wonder why we didn't rub them down with Garlic.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woolygimp

Dude, an open wound, sterilized or not, is open to infection. After surgery you are given intravenous antibiotics.

Antibiotics are medicines to prevent and treat infections. While the likelihood of infection after surgery can be reduced by giving patients preventative antibiotics.

Difference between me and you is I cite posts and information. You make shit up.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Dude, an open wound, sterilized or not, is open to infection. After surgery you are given intravenous antibiotics.

Difference between me and you is I cite posts and information. You make shit up.
The difference between you and everyone else is you post random shit with no bearing on anything being discussed.