Custom Moderation for specific threads, What would you like?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
One thing I noticed is that many of our current threads have a type of tailored type of moderation in terms of tone content and discussion. I think this is a great Idea but I do believe it can use a little more clarity.

What I'm looking for is feedback from key users of larger threads on the things they want to see allowed or changed in the current thread. This does not supersede the main sections or site wide rules but this is more about a more tailored posting experience.

Hypothetical Example: I post a lot in the movie threads, I would enjoy a time gated spoiler rule before discussion of a movie (with out the use of spoiler tags) is allowed.

Hypothetical Example: I post a lot in the Everquest EMU thread for P99 Green, We get lots of spam from players trying to recruit people to their guild or pvp server. Can this be limited or moved to another thread?

Hypothetical Example: I post in Politics often and users that just post twitter hot takes with no discussion really piss me off, can we do something about it?

Hypothetical Example: Lanx is a dumb dog eating chink should be allowed to post in threads when he's a subhuman chicom?

I suggest that once a thread reaches a certain thresh hold the first post gets edited and turned into a Laws of the land rule sheet explaining the purpose of the thread and outlining any thread specific rules that may be implemented.

Currently, people just go to the Ask Amod thread to suggest things and they may be implemented or ignored with out any update to the thread itself.

This type of clarity of granularity would help newer posters as well as put enforceable on paper rules to refer to.

I'd like this thread to serve as a sounding board for people who have a favorite thread and would like to see any changes made to it.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
I would like a frowny face or crying reaction. I believe this is vitally important.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
As some of you may know, I am currently running for Moderator in the Dec-June section and I was thinking what I can do as a Moderator with my limited powers to help make posting here more enjoyable.
One thing I noticed is that many of our current threads have a type of tailored type of moderation in terms of tone content and discussion. I think this is a great Idea but I do believe it can use a little more clarity.

What I'm looking for is feedback from key users of larger threads on the things they want to see allowed or changed in the current thread. This does not supersede the main sections or site wide rules but this is more about a more tailored posting experience.

Hypothetical Example: I post a lot in the movie threads, I would enjoy a time gated spoiler rule before discussion of a movie (with out the use of spoiler tags) is allowed.

Hypothetical Example: I post a lot in the Everquest EMU thread for P99 Green, We get lots of spam from players trying to recruit people to their guild or pvp server. Can this be limited or moved to another thread?

Hypothetical Example: I post in Politics often and users that just post twitter hot takes with no discussion really piss me off, can we do something about it?

I suggest that once a thread reaches a certain thresh hold the first post gets edited and turned into a Laws of the land rule sheet explaining the purpose of the thread and outlining any thread specific rules that may be implemented.

Currently, people just go to the Ask Amod thread to suggest things and they may be implemented or ignored with out any update to the thread itself.

This type of clarity of granularity would help newer posters as well as put enforceable on paper rules to refer to.

I'd like this thread to serve as a sounding board for people who have a favorite thread and would like to see any changes made to it.

Thank you for your time.

If you toss me some rogue gear on p99 green, I will allow you my response.

Movie/tv forums are pretty much 99% good with users being nice about saying too much. The rules and unspoken rules have been in place for a decade+. If its some decent major movie, people will always spoiler shit in the first two weeks or forever. Its fine as is and if its over the line a quick report to spoiler stuff is easy.

Politics being in "general" starts to become a problem when people start the first two sentences when they reply to someone with "listen here you stupid retarded fucking faggot cock sucker". There really is no fix for it without going crazy and part of the fun is the crazy. Leave the current rules in place and leave it and deal with the extreme retards.

The p99 green thread for example is very normal and 2 posts per 5 pages doesnt warrant a seperate thread or something. We had a thread for the tlp and when it became time we added a tlp second thread. When things are needed and make sense, we make it happen.

I would say everything is pretty good overall and a few posts or a page of weirdness in a general thread is fine. Again, 99% of everyone respects the nornal process of a topic and thread depending on where its at.

No joke, I need some rings/earrings and stuff on p99 green for a rogue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If you toss me some rogue gear on p99 green, I will allow you my response.

Movie/tv forums are pretty much 99% good with users being nice about saying too much. The rules and unspoken rules have been in place for a decade+. If its some decent major movie, people will always spoiler shit in the first two weeks or forever. Its fine as is and if its over the line a quick report to spoiler stuff is easy.

Politics being in "general" starts to become a problem when people start the first two sentences when they reply to someone with "listen here you stupid retarded fucking faggot cock sucker". There really is no fix for it without going crazy and part of the fun is the crazy. Leave the current rules in place and leave it and deal with the extreme retards.

The p99 green thread for example is very normal and 2 posts per 5 pages doesnt warrant a seperate thread or something. We had a thread for the tlp and when it became time we added a tlp second thread. When things are needed and make sense, we make it happen.

I would say everything is pretty good overall and a few posts or a page of weirdness in a general thread is fine. Again, 99% of everyone respects the nornal process of a topic and thread depending on where its at.

I don't play P99 because I'm not autistic but your thoughts are inline with my thinking and I thank you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As some of you may know, I am currently running for Moderator in the Dec-June section and I was thinking what I can do as a Moderator with my limited powers to help make posting here more enjoyable.

Thank you for your time.
i believe in your zeal of enhancing the board, you've broken the rules already

YOU WILL KEEP YOUR CAMPAIGN TO YOUR THREAD. YOU WILL NOT CAMPAIGN IN YOUR FELLOW CANDIDATES' THREADS OR THE REST OF THE FORUM AT ALL. However, in your signature you can put that you are running and a single link to your thread. You can also campaign in the general election thread in this forum.

• 1Dislike

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What if we appreciate the Twitter posts? I don't use Twitter, I actually abhor it. But I appreciate someone curating it for me and linking things that I might enjoy or find value in. Sure, I don't like many of the things posted, or don't understand them without someone explaining their relevance, but that can be true of pure text posts too. That's a failing of mine, not the person posting. Plenty of people probably know exactly what significance it has, even if I don't.

If we're going to "do something" about those posts, then you should "do something" about X Y and Z posts as well. Where does it stop? Personally, even though I appreciate many of his posts, I feel that Khorum should be rickshawed until he stops using "noone" because it triggers the fuck out of me. Should we do something about that, if enough people sign my petition? No, because other than it triggering me, who cares?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i believe in your zeal of enhancing the board, you've broken the rules already

17388599.jpg

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What if we appreciate the Twitter posts? I don't use Twitter, I actually abhor it. But I appreciate someone curating it for me and linking things that I might enjoy or find value in. Sure, I don't like many of the things posted, or don't understand them without someone explaining their relevance, but that can be true of pure text posts too. That's a failing of mine, not the person posting. Plenty of people probably know exactly what significance it has, even if I don't.

If we're going to "do something" about those posts, then you should "do something" about X Y and Z posts as well. Where does it stop? Personally, even though I appreciate many of his posts, I feel that Khorum should be rickshawed until he stops using "noone" because it triggers the fuck out of me. Should we do something about that, if enough people sign my petition? No, because other than it triggering me, who cares?

I feel like it should be discussed and agreed upon in the Amod thread then implimented.

I dislike word filters but I accept it's a majority supported feature

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not campaigning this is something I would want implemented if I win or not.

this is what you're campaigning on
I will work with the community to understand how the different subsections would like to be moderated and will promise to obey the will of the people as will as follow site rules.

i mean, i like your zeal, buut rules are rules

• 1Picard

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Wait, where are these campaign threads? Can I be a mod too?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I would suggest you remove anything about being/running for amod, @a_skeleton_02, it does look like you are out here campaigning to the good and noble people of this fine community. **kisses a baby**

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
if you're not objective enough to recognize this for what it can be construed as, you should drop

What I recognize it as is an attempt for him to figure out what people would want from him as a mod. I don't see it as campaigning. It technically broke the rule, but so the fuck what? Don't be such a petty cunt.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What I recognize it as is an attempt for him to figure out what people would want from him as a mod. I don't see it as campaigning. It technically broke the rule, but so the fuck what? Don't be such a petty cunt.
i'm just a messenger, you can't discern the difference between that and clearly stated rules.

• 1EyeRoll