Cyberpunk 2077

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That trailer is fucking amazing. This might be the best game that will come out in a long, long time.

Its not the Witcher 3, but it can have similar elements of quality and gameplay features that set The Witcher apart. Think about how awesome some of the questing was in TW3, how a simple investigative type quest turned into a pretty important side quest from a world building, narrative and progression standpoint.

I remember just exploring the world with Geralt and finding random spawns where you could find a skill point, or a hidden item or artifact/material. If you just translate that into 2077 think about the possibilities that can arise in a world like that? Between faction building, in game decision making, and character builds, the game should have extremely high replay value, and if they get the itemization right? Your talking one of the best games of all time. They HAVE to get itemization right though. I cant have this awesome world, with a great story and character/world building but 47 useless items in my inventory, a blue lvl 5 gun I been using for the last 6 lvls because all of the other comparable drops are either shit or incompatible with my build and a bunch of fluff crafting items I will never attempt to use.

If they have some kind of smart, randomized system where randomly generated stat weapon/armor drops can be had from challenging difficult mob camps, will be super rewarding and more importantly, useful. You add in static quest item rewards, and then special attachments to be able to then customize said static item, you have a winner. I dont understand why games nowadays struggle to find balance with itemization, especially at launch. Look at how bad the itemization fucked up Tom Clancy's The Division, or how boring it could get in Horizon Zero Dawn.

If the itemization system is pimp (think Fallout 4/Diablo 3 hybrid), this game is going to be legendary. If not, it will still be a treat, but a huge missed opportunity to really be one you will never forget.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think HZD was fine. There were like 15 weapons that all had their uses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
looks really good from the newer stuff released over the week, after Witcher 3 can't wait too dive into it I really enjoy the actual tabletop games too(albeit don't play them anymore, just no more time now a day's)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I thought CDPR’s reply was at least courtesy laugh worthy. The tweet was very Trump-esque.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
dlOUFrG.png

• 16Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 17 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure if this was posted here or not, nice Cyberpunk easter egg.

• 3Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oh I knew it was going to be a long haul when they said 2020 release. They should have waited til it was closer to unveil.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh I knew it was going to be a long haul when they said 2020 release. They should have waited til it was closer to unveil.

It would be fitting as the original game was Cyberpunk 2020.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users