Cyberpunk 2077

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That actually triggers the fuck out of me. When you're replacing so much of your humanity with metal and electricity, gender starts to lose its meaning. And I don't mean that in an 'everyone is gender fluid' kind of way, but more that humanity has started to distance itself from such quaint and irrelevant labels. Hell, I imagine that even the raw biology of male and female would start to lose importance in a world where uterine replicators have largely replaced the female body for the purposes of incubating a fetus.

Or in memeform, when everyone is gender fluid, NOBODY WILL BE!!!

• 3Like
  • 2SJW
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Fact, there are more people pissed off about first person only than gender options yet they are (rightfully) sticking to their guns. Why they would even entertain this bullshit is beyond me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I actually liked Mankind Divided and Deus Ex is probably Top Three for me.

Other than being forced to throw down with the boss fights, it was a solid game in that universe.
Deus Ex is my favorite game of all time. I play through it once a year.

I uninstalled Mankind Divided after a few hours without even having started the first story mission. Too much muh blm I mean aug lives matter idiocy.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I uninstalled Mankind Divided after a few hours without even having started the first story mission. Too much muh blm I mean aug lives matter idiocy.

If THAT was your reason for quitting Mankind Divided then there is something seriously fucking wrong with your brain.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Stave

Potato del Grande
They should just use the SJW argument against them. Instead of choosing your gender at creation, choose your sex at creation. There, problem solved. I know gender and sex are the same, but they always try to argue that gender is fluid, and they reluctantly admit that sex is binary because of the whole xx and xy thing. Cant gender change your chromosomes (unless maybe your chromosomes are transgender and born in the wrong little xy chromosomie bodies. Incoming SJW 2020's argument.)

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denaut

Trump's Staff

The problem with that story, and it is a truly terrible story, is that just a couple of months before literally every single person with an augment suddenly and unexpectedly flipped out ans started murdering everyone. So the entire narrative is completely undercut by the fact that every single augmented individual is demonstrably extremely dangerous and everyone should be afraid of them.

And yet we are supposed to blame the "normies" for being cruel for some reason? It just makes no sense what-so-ever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So .3 percent of the population is REEEEEIng about Gender fluidity in games, so what, CDPR should have to code an entire game for 38 gender variables and record 38 times as much dialogue and still turn out a game?

Seems legit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean I guess they could just write and record certain parts, but then you gotta pay someone to splice together lines.

"Whats HE doing here?"
"Whats SHE doing here?"
"Whats are they doing here?"
"Whats XE doing here?"

38 times. EVen better make them rewrite all the dialogue to be gender neutral, which Im sure will be amazing easy for a Polish studio to do and then translate into English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch etc.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
CDProjekt is Polish, I can't think of a western nation that gives less of a fuck about the current fad of identity politics than Poland.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If THAT was your reason for quitting Mankind Divided then there is something seriously fucking wrong with your brain.

Or maybe he's fed up with seeing it fucking everywhere, I'm starting to have the same problem. As soon as it's injected in a TV show or something I just turn it off. I use games/movies/shows/etc. to escape all this bullshit and it's becoming harder and harder to do so. Sounds pretty rational to me, however, I don't blindly attack people on an internet forum like you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Stave

Potato del Grande
CDProjekt is Polish, I can't think of a western nation that gives less of a fuck about the current fad of identity politics than Poland.

I would give anything to have them add the ability to change your gender, and then have the game still refer to you as your original gender. Go to the vendor and buy some bolt on robot tits, a wig, and lop your dick off? Still a male, just a fucked up cyborg male a few steps closer to cyber psychosis.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't care if they let you switch back and forth after the initial character selection, seems believable enough given the suggested level of tech and body modification. If anything it'll probably trigger them even more, knowing SRS will never work as well as the game's version in our lifetimes. Just keep the xim/xer shit out of it. Can't imagine they'd ever go through the trouble of recording that much extra dialogue to cater to some whiny minuscule fraction of the playerbase anyway.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You think the gender fluidity shit is bad? Just wait til we're past that and it's all about species fluidity. You better believe all the furries are just waiting for genetic science to catch up.
But, on topic, yeah, this is a dumb article. I don't understand why we're supposed to be catering to such a tiny (aberrant) portion of the population. Also love how that article quotes the answer to a question that isn't quoted.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or maybe he's fed up with seeing it fucking everywhere, I'm starting to have the same problem. As soon as it's injected in a TV show or something I just turn it off. I use games/movies/shows/etc. to escape all this bullshit and it's becoming harder and harder to do so. Sounds pretty rational to me, however, I don't blindly attack people on an internet forum like you.

Please calm down xir.

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should just use the SJW argument against them. Instead of choosing your gender at creation, choose your sex at creation. There, problem solved. I know gender and sex are the same, but they always try to argue that gender is fluid, and they reluctantly admit that sex is binary because of the whole xx and xy thing. Cant gender change your chromosomes (unless maybe your chromosomes are transgender and born in the wrong little xy chromosomie bodies. Incoming SJW 2020's argument.)

In a world with bionic dicks the whole sex being binary thing may not actually be a thing. Seriously you want a hand full of bionic dicks and the other hand being a cyber vagina that is probably doable.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eclipse phase has a pretty good take on this kind of stuff as well. When you have that level of ability to modify the human body and add fully sensing and functional appendages people are going to get fucking weird. They are going to make entirely new genders and shit we probably can't even think of now because if somebody can get an attachment to let literally go fuck themselves rest assured they will.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

...except social inequality is a core aspect of the entire fucking Deus Ex setting. jesus fucking christ you people are morons.

• 2Like