Cyberpunk 2077

Fadaar

That guy
Do you get enough levels/points to unlock a large chunk? Asking before I get too far in and screw myself into a dumb build. Not trying to min max just don't want it to be a hassle. Reading the thread though looks like hacking melee and pistols the way to go.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do you get enough levels/points to unlock a large chunk? Asking before I get too far in and screw myself into a dumb build. Not trying to min max just don't want it to be a hassle. Reading the thread though looks like hacking melee and pistols the way to go.
The game is roughly following the Fallout 4/Skyrim character progression model as opposed to say Fallout 2 where you're very limited and can really only get one build in a playthrough.

Here you can get any build more or less but IDK how deep you can get in any one tree. You can probably totally unlock at least 2. The perks have a lot of situational garbage that are locked behind stat requirements. The main ones you need are all easy to get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some cool interactions I found and really liked. This is mostly just random gigs and side jobs. Not too far after the title screen mission in terms of story.
When I went to the Cloud whorehouse mission and talked to Woodman. I did some gig I totally forgot about where I killed some Tyger guy for being rough on whores. I was able to bring this up in the convo and this scared him enough to work with me and had a lot of dialog. I had reloaded twice to see what I could do with this as Woodman fought me in the other two times I tried to talk my way out of it. Cool that a random gig can play into other jobs.

I found a random street performer that triggered Johnny Silverhand to appear and talk about making music with his nihilist shit. This turned into a quest to go find his lost bootleg recordings from back in the day. The club he got his start at was a ramen house now but there was a Samurai superfan there keeping the faith and then you go into this chat about who knows the most about Samurai so he gives you the old recordings. It was pretty cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I mostly use pistols. But I am figuring out that you don't really benefit from going stealth mode at all. There's pretty much no reason to other than enjoying the playstyle. Which is fine, but it makes all missions more time consuming than they need to be.

So now I need to figure out how to get enough money to respec a bit later.

Mantis/Gorilla can shine but you need the right mods and perk points to make them shine. The Nanowire and blaster don't really have perks involved in them.

you can respec?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mostly use pistols. But I am figuring out that you don't really benefit from going stealth mode at all. There's pretty much no reason to other than enjoying the playstyle. Which is fine, but it makes all missions more time consuming than they need to be.

So now I need to figure out how to get enough money to respec a bit later.

Mantis/Gorilla can shine but you need the right mods and perk points to make them shine. The Nanowire and blaster don't really have perks involved in them.
Stealth is a massive damage boost, especially if you carry around your main dps pistol setup for loud firefights and a second revolver or whatever your single highest damage per bullet gun is. As long as it can equip a silencer, you're set. With all the various stealth damage boosts and buffs to crit chance and damage you can one-shot just about anything. If there's multiple enemies grouped up, pop bullet time and you can kill them all quick enough that stealth doesn't drop and the rest of the area isn't alerted. Stealth makes things faster if anything; getting into a firefight with a bunch of enemies hiding in cover is what slows me down.

As for money, disassemble everything (except $750+ junk of course) and sell the extra materials. If you really want to cheese it, buy soda from vending machines (there's a few spots with like dozens of machines), disassemble them all and sell the parts for massive profits. Advancing time 24-48 hours resets all the machines including the cash on hand at vendors.

you can respec?
Yes, but you can only respec perks. If you change your mind about stat points, you're screwed. Ripperdocs sell an item called Tabula E-rasa for $100k, which is insanely expensive unless you use the cheese above. Playing the game normally I don't think I'd ever have an extra $100k to just throw away, so I make my perk choices VERY carefully now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stealth is a massive damage boost, especially if you carry around your main dps pistol setup for loud firefights and a second revolver or whatever your single highest damage per bullet gun is. As long as it can equip a silencer, you're set. With all the various stealth damage boosts and buffs to crit chance and damage you can one-shot just about anything. If there's multiple enemies grouped up, pop bullet time and you can kill them all quick enough that stealth doesn't drop and the rest of the area isn't alerted. Stealth makes things faster if anything; getting into a firefight with a bunch of enemies hiding in cover is what slows me down.

As for money, disassemble everything (except $750+ junk of course) and sell the extra materials. If you really want to cheese it, buy soda from vending machines (there's a few spots with like dozens of machines), disassemble them all and sell the parts for massive profits. Advancing time 24-48 hours resets all the machines including the cash on hand at vendors.
I don't even have bullet time. How do you get it? My problem is that I am not doing enough damage and haven't found better pistol to be able to kill someone before they react and it drops my stealth.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't even have bullet time. How do you get it? My problem is that I am not doing enough damage and haven't found better pistol to be able to kill someone before they react and it drops my stealth.

I think you just need to get a hand mod that allows smart guns, no? You have a quest from moment one to pick up a reward from some old bitch and she gives you one. It’s the pay for the first mission where you find the chick in a bath tub. Quest is called the GIG

Vorph

Thought you said you bought the OS yesterday? You hold LB+RB (can't remember keyboard... hold E maybe?) to use it.

And yeah, it doesn't really come together until you have a bunch of perks spent on sneak attacks, headshots, and crits, plus a really good revolver. Early game, you just shoot a dude in the head and it takes maybe half his HP off (Hard difficulty) so you have to fight normally while getting to the meat of the build. I restarted to do this build properly, and once I got Royce's pistol it's been pretty smooth sailing through the "fighting fair" part.

How do you get the mantis?
Buy it from ripper doc once you hit SC20.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thought you said you bought the OS yesterday? You hold LB+RB (can't remember keyboard... hold E maybe?) to use it.

And yeah, it doesn't really come together until you have a bunch of perks spent on sneak attacks, headshots, and crits, plus a really good revolver. Early game, you just shoot a dude in the head and it takes maybe half his HP off (Hard difficulty) so you have to fight normally while getting to the meat of the build.

Buy it from ripper doc once you hit SC20.
Oh I bought the big ram OS.

Vorph

Oh I bought the big ram OS.
Ah. It's the Sandevistan OS that gives you bullet time in exchange for your quickhacks. Main reason I started over, since I'd raised Int to almost 10 and Int's going to be completely useless to me once I get back to the point of being able to swap to that OS.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ah. It's the Sandevistan OS that gives you bullet time in exchange for your quickhacks. Main reason I started over, since I'd raised Int to almost 10 and Int's going to be completely useless to me once I get back to the point of being able to swap to that OS.
Are you going full reflexes now?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well yesterday after closing the game to make dinner and coming back to it instantly giving the "Flatlined" error when hitting play. Later that night verified my files through steam and it said one file was a problem and would need to "reacquire" it. Apparently it needed to download 7GB and now its back to working.

Did another "very hard" mission, where the guys were much higher level then me. Took a while but I just overheated them until they died, from a camera, while I was hidden across the street. I am level 18, these guys were dropping level 30 required weapons, its no wonder if I tried to get in a gun fight they just destroyed me fast.

I need more perks to unlock crafting higher level quickhacks to do more damage. Also hint to people, the access points almost everywhere, if you hack them you can get up to legendary quickhack components and usually a decent chunk of money. And there are perks that up all that(money gained by 100%, components gained, etc).

Also a note to that one crafting video a while back where the guy complained he couldn't find any purple or legendary crafting mats and he said he "Finished" the game. I am only 18 and still a ton to do and I already have 50+ purple and 8 legendary crafting mats. The latter was almost always looted off robot enemies. The purple are just everywhere in cases and from disassemble.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why did the tranny jannies have to ruin the char creation in this

Why do boobs hurt their feelings so bad