Cyberpunk 2077

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You mean, you can't hang out and play video games in your video game? The Sheer, unmitigated gall of CDPR. They should close up shop and log off now.

Sincerely, every time you post these picayune complaints all I hear is this:

sitepandawhalecom GIF

stan marsh guy GIF by South Park

talking thomas mcelroy GIF by South Park

Hopefully they fix this soon so you can play video games in your video games and hang out with story characters on a cool Saturday night at the mall.
matthew watch GIF
Exactly how I feel. Such a stupid fucking complaint.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I mean you can be "ruthless" I guess if you rp it in your head by ignoring a lot of the storyline options and side questions, but this game, like so many other 'open world rpgs', don't give you the opportunity to actually play a bad guy.

Maybe you can't be a bad guy, but you can definitely fuck people over, which was my point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Massive QQ on Reddit right now. Seemingly all of the loudest voices are all saying why aren't [insert GTA design decisions] in this game?

Weird. I didnt consume every single piece of marketing on this game so maybe my expectations are different. But these people are explicitly demanding why this game does not have all the GTA stuff they are I guess conditioned to expect in a game that is vaguely in appearance like GTA.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's crazy how muddy all the default options make the game, cleaned up it really is gorgeous. Here's a apples and oranges before and after, but think the difference is pretty clear, no pun intended. In both images the lighting and ray tracing is great. Turned off or lowered film grain, chromatic abberation and depth of field, DLSS to Quality from performance. Think that was it, but going to continue to tinker with it.

1607764512384.png

1607764460881.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Massive QQ on Reddit right now. Seemingly all of the loudest voices are all saying why aren't [insert GTA design decisions] in this game?

Weird. I didnt consume every single piece of marketing on this game so maybe my expectations are different. But these people are explicitly demanding why this game does not have all the GTA stuff they are I guess conditioned to expect in a game that is vaguely in appearance like GTA.
Probably the same idiots who wanted PVP in MS Flight Sim 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
A minor thing that I'm absolutely loving - installed the game on a 970 EVO, from cold boot to being in game is maybe the fastest I've ever had for a game. Once I click "continue" in the main menu it's literally like 2 seconds, not even enough time to do the little dialogue loading screen. Saving as well takes all of .5 seconds. Good stuff.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably the same idiots who wanted PVP in MS Flight Sim 2020.
I feel like a 9/11 mode where you play brave alqaeda rebels executing a trench run on the death star of capitalism would get rave reviews from the current crop of games journalists.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like the patch messed up film grain settings. I have it off but it's on. dropped some fps cause of it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, submachine guns are straight up awesome. Using a lower level Fenrir, and it just melts everything as it lights everyone on fire within a few seconds. Rifles/Sub/Handguns are all really good

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like the patch messed up film grain settings. I have it off but it's on. dropped some fps cause of it.
Patch definitely did something to the graphics that dropped me to about 52-54 fps even though I didn't touch anything. I can get it back to 60 by turning FidelityFX CAS minimum all the way down to 50% but anything below 75% looks godawful when it really kicks in.

Similar fps drop when I load it up on GFN (with DLSS instead of FFX CAS) too. I had to turn RTX off to get it stable again.

------------------------

So, for people going with Int builds and mostly just camera hopping to fry enemies with quickhacks... what do you do when you run into a boss? Or even like one of the 17(?) cyberpsychos? Does quickhacking still work there or do you have to spec into something else to be able to take them down?

Was going to try the Xbox version today and thought maybe that would be a good build to mess around with there since it'd be the polar opposite of my build on PC. And hopefully not require too much fine aim on the gamepad either....

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got the arm mods. I really wanted to like the nanowire. But that shit is worthless.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got the arm mods. I really wanted to like the nanowire. But that shit is worthless.
Did you try the mantis? I was working towards that initially, before I got sucked into pistol godmode.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did you try the mantis? I was working towards that initially, before I got sucked into pistol godmode.
I mostly use pistols. But I am figuring out that you don't really benefit from going stealth mode at all. There's pretty much no reason to other than enjoying the playstyle. Which is fine, but it makes all missions more time consuming than they need to be.

So now I need to figure out how to get enough money to respec a bit later.

Mantis/Gorilla can shine but you need the right mods and perk points to make them shine. The Nanowire and blaster don't really have perks involved in them.