Cyberpunk 2077

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
melee is way stronger than guns. Doesnt matter for most of the game because guns are still more than enoguh.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
melee is way stronger than guns
Second person I've seen say that in the thread recently and I just don't see it. I mean, sure, there's a bunch of shitty guns, but I don't see how melee remotely competes with stuff like United We Stand for room clearing or Comrade's Hammer/DR12 Quasar for instantly killing a single target.

That's not taking into account stuff like legendary Short Circuit either (which works with melee too, but vastly favors guns). Don't even need 20 int to get it either... I specifically planned to stop well short of that to avoid getting the legendary hacks on a non-Netrunner character, but the game decided to give me legendary Short Circuit from an Int 9 access point anyway.

True that it doesn't matter though. Very hard was never a challenge at all; stealth through the early section when things can actually kill you, then obliterate everything once you hit about level 15. Really doesn't matter what you chose to do it with.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah crafted Comrade's hammer on my handgun/stealth build and it basically feels like a cheat mode. Agree that it doesn't matter which build you go though, I suppose that's a good thing as everything feels viable. Well except for maybe LMG, those guns all feel like shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once I got the Mantis Blades, I never looked back.

I can't imagine anything else killing shit faster or more efficiently. As an example, Adam Smasher fell in 4 seconds and was staggered the entire time. Every other baddy falls in 1 hit and with the time slows + your speed up per kill, most camps gets cleared before they get a shot off.

There is lots of OP shit in the game, but the Mantis Blade mobility and speed added an extra layer of OP'ness that guns didn't have.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol I used cyberpsychosis hack on that wood man fight, spent a solid minute running around to see what he would do, it’s supposed to be a suicide; Pulls his knife out and slashes his throat , but somehow it only takes him to 20% , he immediately stimpaks backup to 70%. Pretty boss to survive a suicide

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Once I got the Mantis Blades, I never looked back.

I can't imagine anything else killing shit faster or more efficiently. As an example, Adam Smasher fell in 4 seconds and was staggered the entire time. Every other baddy falls in 1 hit and with the time slows + your speed up per kill, most camps gets cleared before they get a shot off.

There is lots of OP shit in the game, but the Mantis Blade mobility and speed added an extra layer of OP'ness that guns didn't have.
In the video of the "secret ending" I watched a few days ago, V 5-hit Adam Smasher with Satori. I went back and got it and have been rotating it in with my baseball bat/electric baton asp ever since.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i dont like the mantis blade instakill animation even though you're invulnerable during it, especially since the animation is fucked up most of the time. The katana one is much quicker when it happens. And if it actually mattered, the +damage on power attacks and +damage against full health opponents work much better with the katana.

Vorph

I can't imagine anything else killing shit faster or more efficiently.
Well, there's the ones I listed:

Bosses: Comrade's Hammer can one-shot anything from what I've seen, provided you have the handgun and Tech perks. If by some chance it doesn't one-shot, you can use a legendary DR12 Quasar instead and there is definitely nothing that can survive a full magazine from it. It crits constantly, which triggers Short Circuit over and over, ensuring they can't do anything back either.

Trash: United We Stand is a smart AR that targets up to 5 things at a time. You just point it in the general direction of a camp of enemies and they all die, nearly always without even needing to reload.

My iconics aren't even legendary yet, since I wait until L50 to do the final upgrade (because AFAIK you cannot re-craft them, only upgrade, and that gets ungodly expensive when you try to do more than a couple levels).

i dont like the mantis blade instakill animation even though you're invulnerable during it, especially since the animation is fucked up most of the time. The katana one is much quicker when it happens. And if it actually mattered, the +damage on power attacks and +damage against full health opponents work much better with the katana.
Yeah, that's the biggest reason I wouldn't use mantis for a full melee build after messing around with it on my other builds prior to saving up the E$ for gorilla arms. You can kill a whole group of enemies with a katana in the time it takes the mantis animation to play, and if you were using a katana you'd be in slo-mo (from Kerenzikov or Synaptic Accelerator) the whole time. With mantis you have to kill the rest of the group with them moving at full speed.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Did they change that recently? Been playing with the no-kill implant in because i kept getting raped while constantly doing the kill animations

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
How do I beat Adam Smasher? I'm playing on normal difficulty and I'm bad at games.
If you keep your distance all of his attacks are easily avoidable. Missile volley -> keep moving. Minigun -> hide behind something. Leap in the air -> move to avoid his landing.
I just shot him to death with a tech rifle, didn't take too long. When he leaps to the top floor and spawns adds, I would just immediately kill the adds then you can offload shots into his head. When he's standing up there some of his attacks are blocked by the floor so the only one you need to avoid is the missile volley.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Should I do double-jump or charged jump? Stealth & Hacking build. Level 25 with 43 street cred so far

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Should I do double-jump or charged jump? Stealth & Hacking build. Level 25 with 43 street cred so far
I believe you get higher with the charged jump but for mid combat shenanigans double jump may be better.

I went charged jump and ive found a ton of upper floor / roof entry points that didnt seem to have other ways in. (Well, maybe not a TON but more than a few so far)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure double jump will get you wherever you need to go anyway. The charged jump mod needs some kind of useful passive effect to make it competitive with double jump.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
How do you get an Epic super jump????? I just got the main 44k one or whatever from a ripper doc, can I find an even better version via loot????

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you get an Epic super jump????? I just got the main 44k one or whatever from a ripper doc, can I find an even better version via loot????
I think someone said that epic super jump is yet another piece of cyber gated behind not punching fingers.

*edit*

im wrong, that's hover jump (which im told sucks, although that may come down to preference cause I think Vorph was slobbing hover jump's knob earlier in the thread). dunno where 'epic super jump' is.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

using Kerenzikov with legendary katana that does 100% crit chance with it activated just destroys everything .