Cyberpunk 2077

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Like, what an actual fuck where they doing during QA phase?
There is no QA phase in modern game development because the game comes together at the last minute. A "gold master" doesnt' mean that the game is finished, but that the it represents the content in the game so it can be rated.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol first people complaining about how long it takes them to fix bugs, now someone thinks that them fixing bugs so fast means there's some sort of scam going on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I fucked up and closed out to update on the mission where you have to wait for Takemura to call (Down in the streets or something like that). Now no matter what save I load even one from an hour prior, as soon as the game loads he calls right away. Whether or not I answer it he appears and wont talk or go away, fucking my whole game up for now.

Guess I'll switch to Demon Souls until they fix this, my kind of luck it happened to be THAT mission.

Szlia

I fucked up and closed out to update on the mission where you have to wait for Takemura to call (Down in the streets or something like that). Now no matter what save I load even one from an hour prior, as soon as the game loads he calls right away. Whether or not I answer it he appears and wont talk or go away, fucking my whole game up for now.

Guess I'll switch to Demon Souls until they fix this, my kind of luck it happened to be THAT mission.
According to Kotaku :
There’s at least one apparent workaround. First, try to call Judy before Takemura calls. When he does, hang up the line, then tackle a side job. (The player who reported this workaround tackled a Delamain side-quest.) Wait 24 hours in-game and Takemura should call in—with dialogue and everything—allowing you to progress in “Down on the Street.”

faille

Molten Core Raider
it always fucking amazes me how devs are able to fix bugs so fast and release patches after game is released. Like, what an actual fuck where they doing during QA phase? Either the game was completely unplayable due to bugs up until release and they did bare minimum to get it running or they did nothing to fix the bugs at all. Also didn't they say that none of the major bugs came up in ther QA. How is that even possible? If you're gonna lie to my face, at least put some effort into it
millions of players can find, verify and document bugs far faster and more exhaustively than a qa team of 10.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
it always fucking amazes me how devs are able to fix bugs so fast and release patches after game is released. Like, what an actual fuck where they doing during QA phase? Either the game was completely unplayable due to bugs up until release and they did bare minimum to get it running or they did nothing to fix the bugs at all. Also didn't they say that none of the major bugs came up in ther QA. How is that even possible? If you're gonna lie to my face, at least put some effort into it

Dumb person is amazed by obvious things.

Shocking

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
According to Kotaku :
Thanks, but I tried everything and no matter how fast I am I can't get a call off before my phone rings. I did find a save a few mins before the last part of the mission was over, so I may just go from there, think I'd only have to redo 2 or 3 side missions.

I did get passed that part of the mission with that save, just not sure if i want to keep going or wait til it gets fixed.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So if you want to continue playing the game after you do the final act, you start back right before you go to meet Hanako in the bar. Kinda lame. I was hoping maybe for a little bit of an after game ending where you return to Night City, but maybe Arasaka is looking for you, requiring you to be a little more secretive. I guess there's little point in going back into the game right now. All the missions now are very low danger, and I can just mop up bad guys with very little issues. Right now, the only thing that I enjoy doing is killing pedestrians until the cops show up and see how many I can take out before they overwhelm me. I really hope they throw in some multiplayer or something extra soon. I still enjoy the game, but don't really have any interest in playing through the storyline for a third time...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if you want to continue playing the game after you do the final act, you start back right before you go to meet Hanako in the bar. Kinda lame. I was hoping maybe for a little bit of an after game ending where you return to Night City, but maybe Arasaka is looking for you, requiring you to be a little more secretive. I guess there's little point in going back into the game right now. All the missions now are very low danger, and I can just mop up bad guys with very little issues. Right now, the only thing that I enjoy doing is killing pedestrians until the cops show up and see how many I can take out before they overwhelm me. I really hope they throw in some multiplayer or something extra soon. I still enjoy the game, but don't really have any interest in playing through the storyline for a third time...

Pretty much just sightseeing once you beat the game and do most of the missions. Still, it is fun as hell driving round in the Shion Coyote even when there's little to do. Easily my favourite vehicle in the game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldnt even get through a 2nd playthrough.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, bugs aside (I didn't have many on PC) my single biggest gripe isn't the AI, the "cut" material, etc - it's the post game content or complete lack thereof. NG+ or something similar would go a really long way and I hope its something they add soonish. Not expecting anything for awhile though so I've shelved it after 2 playthroughs and almost 200 hours.

• 1Like

Szlia

Thanks, but I tried everything and no matter how fast I am I can't get a call off before my phone rings. I did find a save a few mins before the last part of the mission was over, so I may just go from there, think I'd only have to redo 2 or 3 side missions.

I did get passed that part of the mission with that save, just not sure if i want to keep going or wait til it gets fixed.
More potential solution :

CD Projekt Red has published a workaround for this bug. First, load up a save file from before you and Takemura leave Wakako’s office. Wrap up your chat with Takemura immediately and skip ahead 23 in-game hours. That should do the trick.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe the hype train got the better of me, but I expected more from Cyberpunk.

Don’t get me wrong it was enjoyable, but it wasn’t ground breaking or mind blowing in any way. The story was pretty good, but the ending felt hacked together. I honestly couldn’t tell if the awkward ending was due to bugs, sloppy writing or “user error”.

Overall Cyberpunk didn’t grab me like Witcher 3, but I’m ok with the time I spent playing it. I may take a second look if/when they release some DLC, but outside of that I might be done with the game.

I would still recommend the game to hardcore RPG players, but that recommendation would come with a couple disclaimers.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nielsen’s digital gaming industry research company SuperData has confirmed that CD Projekt Red’s “Cyberpunk 2077” had the biggest digital launch of all time.

More interestingly though, the report for December 2020 indicates that the extended refunds being handed out due to the game’s performance problems didn’t substantially affect aggregate sales with 10.2 million digital units sold over the course of the month.

The report also indicates an extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and the state of the console versions.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The refunds were never going to hurt them financially in the short term, I'd think the amount of people who actually refunded it is very low. Probably only a few percent. Long term damage though? Yet to be seen but I imagine next CDPR release will have a LOT more press access.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
More potential solution :
Thats exactly what I did.....thankfully I had a save right before the convo with the fixer chick. Aside from 2 or 3 side gigs I'm past that part and pretty much where I was.

Hope this helps other ppl with my shitty luck, I dont have much time to play lately so maybe in another 2-3 weeks Ill finally finish this and go back to Demon Souls.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm trying a new game as a girl, guess i'll go assault rifle

but maybe shotgun/lmg?

idk yet

and go all cyber hacking

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im still loving this game. The overall story is kind of meh but the side quests are generally all excellent. First play through was a pistol streetwise kid. Now im playing a nomad fist and heavy weapon guy. Last play through will be an evil corpo hacker type.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Maybe the hype train got the better of me, but I expected more from Cyberpunk.

Don’t get me wrong it was enjoyable, but it wasn’t ground breaking or mind blowing in any way. The story was pretty good, but the ending felt hacked together. I honestly couldn’t tell if the awkward ending was due to bugs, sloppy writing or “user error”.

Overall Cyberpunk didn’t grab me like Witcher 3, but I’m ok with the time I spent playing it. I may take a second look if/when they release some DLC, but outside of that I might be done with the game.

I would still recommend the game to hardcore RPG players, but that recommendation would come with a couple disclaimers.

I agree with you about the ending. It felt rushed, and it probably was because they just had to release the game before Christmas. The fact that the final act only takes an hour or so to do is such a letdown compared to the rest of the game. I felt like there was probably a shit ton more stuff they wanted to put into the game, but they just ran out of time. Don't ask me what they were doing for the past 7 or 8 years, but it definitely wasn't spent on the main story. I actually thought the whole Johnny Silverhands being inside your brain was pretty weak, especially considering all Silverhands was was a guy in a band who wanted to take down the establishment. Kinda like a futuristic Zack del a Roca. The side missions is where the game really shined, especially some of the better ones that were layered and went on for several chapters. I think the fact that so much of the game was underused is proof that they released it before it was finished. Pacifica, the badlands, the oil fields, there was just so much of the map that was not utilized (or not utilized the way it should have been) just points to it being rushed out the door.

Hopefully, this is all stuff that can be thrown into a DLC sometime in the future, which would be awesome, as I'd love to venture back into Night City for more mayhem. But for now, I think I'll put the game on the back burner and start to play something else. I have zero complaints with the game overall. I don't think it's what they hyped or promised, but it was still a shit ton of fun, and I have over 100 hours played, so obviously it was worth it. Between this game and Hades, my end of 2020 into the beginning of 2021 was pretty fucking amazing.

• 1Like