Cyberpunk 2077

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So many missed opportunities in this game, like the recorded memories playback. They could have made this game a banger of a detective style mystery game with a ton of hard to find clues inside those memories; instead we get three of them and it holds your hand to find every clue in every layer which makes the mechanic pointless.
I see where youre coming from but I honestly found those to be a drag. And they would have been even worse without any hints in them. And it only kinda hinted where the hint was on the timeline anyway, it didnt point to it or anything, you still had to do the search yourself to find it. Imagine scanning sound, heat map, and visuals over and over in big ass rooms searching for clues without the hints, it would have been even more of a drag to do. So no, I dont agree with you on that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see where youre coming from but I honestly found those to be a drag. And they would have been even worse without any hints in them. And it only kinda hinted where the hint was on the timeline anyway, it didnt point to it or anything, you still had to do the search yourself to find it. Imagine scanning sound, heat map, and visuals over and over in big ass rooms searching for clues without the hints, it would have been even more of a drag to do. So no, I dont agree with you on that.
I dont disagree with that statement if they kept it the same way. But if they added customization into the mods you can get for yourself, it could be taken up to the next level in mystery. Imagine an optic mod that you could see variations out in the open world. Pair it up with an auditory mod and now you can pinpoint clues even further etc. etc. Just little things that they could do to make it a lot less difficult/time wasting. As it stands now, its like they wanted witcher senses but just hit a brick wall with imagination / money / time.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's insane how beautiful this game is with RT Ultra settings. It may not be the full on interactive world that many thought it would be, but it's definitely the best looking game I've ever played.

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
It's insane how beautiful Panam’s ass is with RT Ultra settings. It may not be the full on interactive world that many thought it would be, but it's definitely the best looking game I've ever played.
Agreed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's insane how beautiful this game is with RT Ultra settings. It may not be the full on interactive world that many thought it would be, but it's definitely the best looking game I've ever played.
The game's ambiance is the best out. I marveled at the detail the game had for alleys, behind buildings, or under bridges. Areas that meant nothing for game play were sometimes the most detailed areas. Just for that reason I found myself exploring more than I had in a game in a very long time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This game promised a lot, and while it maybe didn't deliver on all those promises, I'm hard pressed to find a more impressive "world" in gaming. While it lacked some interactivity, it was just really impressive from a "look" and uniqueness standpoint. I find myself sometimes day dreaming about the game.

They better not abandon this IP, I'd absolutely love to get some more games in it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They've already confirmed a new Cyberpunk game is in the works.

I hope they have flying cars and an ambiance that is closer to Blade Runner. Were they making a statement with CP2077 that flying cars still won't be a thing in 50 years or did they just cut them for time or budget reasons?

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I hope they have flying cars and an ambiance that is closer to Blade Runner. Were they making a statement with CP2077 that flying cars still won't be a thing in 50 years or did they just cut them for time or budget reasons?

They do have flying cars though ? They show up multiple times just in the intro for corpos, you ride one to the bar, one shows up to medevac the woman etc.

Cybsled

Flying cars seem to be primarily reserved for the rich and powerful, or as more military-like vehicles

All the plebs get cars or have to ride the train

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Flying cars seem to be primarily reserved for the rich and powerful, or as more military-like vehicles

All the plebs get cars or have to ride the train
Sounds about right to me, as far as where we're trending.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Flying cars being a common thing seems contrary to the grittiness traditional to the genre.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah what I took away from the "lollore" and overall game experience was that common plebs were pretty poor. Not a lot of haves but a lot of have nots. So it makes sense that only elite have flying shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It was also contrary to what there game engine was capable of and imagine one of many reasons they've switched to unreal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They do have flying cars though ? They show up multiple times just in the intro for corpos, you ride one to the bar, one shows up to medevac the woman etc.
Flying cars/vehicles shown off in Edgerunners.

Also original teaser trailer showed cops in flying cars as well.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Max-Tec had flying cars in game, as well as the EMT dudes.

Edgerunners had flying cars like the game - basically elite/rich only. The only time we see anyone using one in the anime is when a really rich fixer is in one.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Just started playing this for the first time and something seemed, familiar...

1674181969776.png

It's insane how beautiful this game is with RT Ultra settings.
While RT is nice I still cant find it worthwhile right now, at least with a 3080ti. Without RT enabled and everything on ultra @ 1440p I run between 80-100+ fps. RT enabled and even running DLSS to help out fps often dips below 60s.

100 fps > nicer reflections/shadows. Same problem with Control imo, game just felt much better running at high fps vs higher fidelity.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Somewhat surprised banging Meredith didnt end with you being the bottom.

But a little odd they let you select penis size, then start the game off with you rescuing a nude woman whose tits are in your face for a minute and come across mutilated nude women in the world yet when you get to a sex scene theres zero nudity and its no more risque than what you see the hologirls/joytoys doing out in the open.

Makes it seem like they cut/dropped some stuff.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Somewhat surprised banging Meredith didnt end with you being the bottom.

But a little odd they let you select penis size, then start the game off with you rescuing a nude woman whose tits are in your face for a minute and come across mutilated nude women in the world yet when you get to a sex scene theres zero nudity and its no more risque than what you see the hologirls/joytoys doing out in the open.

Makes it seem like they cut/dropped some stuff.
Of course they cut a bunch of stuff. They came out and admitted that they had to cut a bunch of stuff. Im just unsure at this point if I agree with the devs or the corpo's on the release time of the game. I would think that adding a year to the dev time would make a huge difference in the buggy mess that was originally released (on top of the other extensions). But when people started talking about the extensions in time that they did get, the devs would just use that time to add in more shit to the game like swappable dicks etc. Things that wouldnt make or break the game in the grand scheme.

To me, it just sounds like there were too many chiefs and not enough indians.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users