Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This game must be massive, content wise. Been in development for 6 years, will be almost 7 by the time it drops.

The Witcher 3 took almost 4 years to make.

From what I have read the questing pieces are off the charts cool. Not traditional side quests, but the side quests always lead into the main story and effect those quests as well. So for me, when I do side questing, sometimes I am "Crap I should get back to the main story before this becomes another backlog burner" but with this, supposedly I will be able to do a side quest which leads into another quest which leads into another in a chain, and leads back to a main quest story pitch to roll the story arc differently.

At this stage of the game though when it is coming out in September, it would be nice to have this on Series X, PS5 from the get go.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They took a few years off to focus on making standalone GWENT and even got in some side projects like Thronetaker that were really good. But yeah its pretty crazy that we will be a little over 7 years from the teaser trailer back in 2013 to release lol. I was just finishing university when that came out...

Damn.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They took a few years off to focus on making standalone GWENT and even got in some side projects like Thronetaker that were really good. But yeah its pretty crazy that we will be a little over 7 years from the teaser trailer back in 2013 to release lol. I was just finishing university when that came out...

Damn.

Yeah I was on my honeymoon at Secrets in Playa Del Carmen. On a beach. With a waiter there named Oscar.

Man, Oscar rocked. Gave him a Hundo every day while we laid on the beach. He pretty much said fuck all to everyone else and we had our own personal Isaac from the Love boat. Guy was a regular Miss Cleo too.

I am thinking, "Getting hungry - wonder if I should get some fish tacos"
Oscar within literally 5 seconds, "MISTER UT! I thought you could use some Fish Tacos!!"

I am thinking, "Wonder what that green frosty drink tastes like"
Oscar within 5 seconds, "MISTER UT! Want to try this frozen frog!?"

Wonder if he is still there. I miss that dude.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was on my honeymoon at Secrets in Playa Del Carmen. On a beach. With a waiter there named Oscar.

Man, Oscar rocked. Gave him a Hundo every day while we laid on the beach. He pretty much said fuck all to everyone else and we had our own personal Isaac from the Love boat. Guy was a regular Miss Cleo too.

Oscar within literally 5 seconds, "MISTER UT! I thought you could use some Fish Tacos!!"

What year was this? My honeymoon was at Secrets in Playa Del Carmen, we had a swim up suite and I was out there in a palapa reading my Kindle at like 1pm when I heard a comotion behind me. Turned around just in time to see this heavy middle aged NAKED white dude cannon ball in to the pool and his naked wife right behind him. The people sitting across the pool from me just had looks or horror on their face.

tl;dr - I may have seen MISTER UT's UT.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

My brother and I really liked this one waiter dude at the Orlando Hyatt. We insisted on getting our picture taken with him cuz he was so great. Funny how people can make such a lasting positive impression over a few days of being a helpful pal and nice about it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Drunken naked cannonball is 100% something UT would do. I don't doubt that shit for a single second.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well, I was married Sept 2013 and went on the honeymoon shortly thereafter.

• 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they'll release another ~45 minute teaser from some sidequest in the mean time?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know how hard it is to animate a dick that will work with 100% of character models?

Hard. Really hard.

You just solved the problem... all you have to do, to make it easy... is make every dick hard.

• 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm perfectly fine with the delay, too. Was going to be difficult sinking another 500 hrs into a Nioh game when a cdpr game coming out a month later. A fall release allows for a better PC build too. /shrug. Thought i'd be a lot more annoyed, as Witcher 3 is my favorite game ever .

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Another factor into why people seem to be mostly "fine" with this delay (besides CDPR's track record) is because of the plethora of choices nowadays. Most of us have a "backlog" that is 10+ games deep at this point. 10 years ago and I think you would've had a slightly more bummed/upset reaction.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doom: Eternal, P5:R, Nioh 2, FF7:R .. Still gotta finish Witcher 3 just been too busy, ya I'm good till fall..

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad of delay. Just let they nice polish and work on every aspect good, so it can work great on most of the devices. Not that thing when to some of the people is running great and to some terrible, so it's necessary to set up the settings half of the day. i will also have more time to play some other games which is not bad at all.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Where did this atmosphere go?

oh no.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If you think that the studio responsible for the Witcher 2 and 3 will lake environmental detail then I don't know what you have been drinking.

The watermark at the top says 'does not reflect the final game' so who know how old or what they were testing there.

• 1Like