Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a good sign that despite the hype, popularity, and growth of the team that CDPR are still able to make a tough decision like this and not Anthem it up like the rest of the industry.

Yes it is much better to delay it than pull an anthem and release your game before its fully cooked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yes it is much better to delay it than pull an anthem and release your game before its fully cooked.

it should be noted that anthem had an asston of other issues, from the top down, besides just needing another couple quarters of dev

it was a stillbirth probably 2 years before it's release

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
as long as they keep polishing the sex scenes and not working on something that does not matter

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Imagine the quality and variety of tranny dicks we’ll have available with the extra dev time they have

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Spring/summer games just suck IMO. Well unless youre from more temperate areas of the country where weather does not matter. But for us where it does, spring ans summer are short and we enjoy them outside. I know that my gaming diminishes during summer and spikes full bore in fall winter.

I guess the kids in school would profit from a spring/summer release? But is this even a game for kids? (Not that that ever mattered, lol)

Even so im glad they are pushing this back if not ready rather than releasing shit and patching it all later.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Spring/summer games just suck IMO. Well unless youre from more temperate areas of the country where weather does not matter. But for us where it does, spring ans summer are short and we enjoy them outside. I know that my gaming diminishes during summer and spikes full bore in fall winter.

I guess the kids in school would profit from a spring/summer release? But is this even a game for kids? (Not that that ever mattered, lol)

Even so im glad they are pushing this back if not ready rather than releasing shit and patching it all later.

What kinds of games are your teenage kids into btw? Just out of curiosity. I couldn't even get my cousin to look at Disco Elysium. Which is something like I would played the shit out of when I was his age (he's 17). He just plays like COD and shit and nothing else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What kinds of games are your teenage kids into btw? Just out of curiosity. I couldn't even get my cousin to look at Disco Elysium. Which is something like I would played the shit out of when I was his age (he's 17). He just plays like COD and shit and nothing else.

Older son is full blown COD kid, but he plays others like GTA 5 and some others. Pure console even though I built him a PC. (I think hes got something like 5k hours on the last COD, lul)

Younger one plays all kinds of shit like terraria, POE, Destiny2 sometimes when I force him (hehe), some shooter stuff too like the new borderlands, depending on what his buddies are playing. mostly PC but sometimes on console, again, depending on buddies.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my backlog includes finishing Odyssey (2 of 3 parts and the DLC, finished the family piece), Kingdom Hearts 3, Witcher 3 and both DLC, FF10 if I can actually stand the dialogue this thing might just get deleted for good, Plague Tale (Gamefly rental), Single player Modern Warfare, Death Stranding, The Yazuko's, Persona 5...

Jesus Christ nevermind. :(

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my backlog includes finishing Odyssey (2 of 3 parts and the DLC, finished the family piece), Kingdom Hearts 3, Witcher 3 and both DLC, FF10 if I can actually stand the dialogue this thing might just get deleted for good, Plague Tale (Gamefly rental), Single player Modern Warfare, Death Stranding, The Yazuko's, Persona 5...

Jesus Christ nevermind. :(

Bro haven't you played the absolute fuck out of Odyssey?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I like seeing that just about no one minds the delay here.

Doesn't bug me at all, good on them for doing it if it's needed.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think the way that the general public is handling this delay is something that studios and publishers should take note of.

stop rushing out games. stop planning on day one patches/dlc's. you curry so much more favor by treating what you're doing as art instead of a product.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i think the way that the general public is handling this delay is something that studios and publishers should take note of.

stop rushing out games. stop planning on day one patches/dlc's. you curry so much more favor by treating what you're doing as art instead of a product.

Also: Be a decent company and treat your customers with respect and don't try to fuck them raw for more money at every step, and you'll get a whole hell of a lot more leeway when it comes to things.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As mentioned, both Nvidia and AMD should have new families by then.

The first three quarters of the year are looking pretty damn sparse, however.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also: Be a decent company and treat your customers with respect and don't try to fuck them raw for more money at every step, and you'll get a whole hell of a lot more leeway when it comes to things.
Don’t forget to actually make good game. People are OK with CDPR delaying because they have a recent history of producing good games.

If square delays a game, the assumption is that it was such a shit show that they decided to completely start over

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have such a glut of games I really don’t care when people delay, I actually prefer it. I don’t follow release dates at all anymore like I used to, I just play em when I get time. I’d take a well done delayed game over a rushed half assed game every single time. I have never once played a half assed game and said to myself “Well that sure sucked but glad I got it in February 2019 rather than August 2019”

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game must be massive, content wise. Been in development for 6 years, will be almost 7 by the time it drops.

The Witcher 3 took almost 4 years to make.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This game must be massive, content wise. Been in development for 6 years, will be almost 7 by the time it drops.

The Witcher 3 took almost 4 years to make.
You know how hard it is to animate a dick that will work with 100% of character models?

Hard. Really hard.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users