Cyberpunk 2077

Fucker

Log Wizard
Playing video games for 38 years, multiple setbacks with the game and the extreme over hype.
weffw.gif

Fadaar

That guy
If I'm going to play this game, I want it to look as good as it does in these promo pieces. But, I'm pretty sure that's going to require a whole lot of new hardware, lol.

PC parts or guns....hmmm.

With the game getting delayed I'm pretty much dead set on a 3000 series Nvidia card by the end of the year now

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
i dont think cyberpunk is a game you play for six months unless you are playing like 2-3 hours a week, its a 30-50 hour game and you are done. i don't expect it to be full out liberal agenda trash - TLOU2, the last Wolfenstein game, etc - but i doubt it'll be some sort of right wing 1950s fever dream either.

Probably more like Doom Eternal, a good game but maybe doesn't surpass the story telling of Witcher 3. Still should be fun. With the delays my only question is do i play on an XSEX/PS5 or build out a 3080 nvidia PC to play it on.
I thought it would be something like destiny/division/etc where there will be an xpac or some crap 6 months after.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had that same dilemma last fall and chose PC parts... then CP2077 was delayed because current gen consoles are too gimped, China infected the world with the bat plague, and retards decided to riot all over the place so now you've got a better chance of finding a non-Lite Switch and a Ring Fit sitting side by side on Walmart's shelf than you do of getting an Aero lower.

Still pretty confident I'll be able to play the game at 1440UW without any issues, but goddamn that was just about the worst possible decision I made.
Did the same thing here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hyped about the setting and the possibility of a great story / stories. I want the story and the side quests to be as interesting as the gameworld, which might be asking too much. I would exploration to be rewarded with finding secrets. It is a lot to ask for. The visuals look great on current top end PC hardware, so my current system wouldn't be able to run the game nearly as well. The action animations still do not look that great, the boxing sequence looked pretty meh. I figure I will wait to play this on a ps5/series x, both should do much better than my current setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
PC just caught up with console last year in terms of tech and processing. Cost wise, not so much. Best to use the PS5 series X if you currently don't have a rig for 2077.

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
PC just caught up with console last year in terms of tech and processing. Cost wise, not so much. Best to use the PS5 series X if you currently don't have a rig for 2077.
Fuck playing this on a controller.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Cohh Carnage and Jesse Cox both got NPCs with quests put into the game apparently. So many jealous streamers lol

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Might have been 2017 or 2018 I'm getting old losing track of the years. But was "recent". I define last year by any year after 2016 now.
This is still incorrect. Consoles have always lagged behind PC in pretty much every way, hardware-wise. The strengths console has had when it comes to such things is from superior and concentrated techniques from the developers forced to work harder to utilize weak hardware, and bigger budgets.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah if you want to spend a few grand in 2016-2017, you could do that. but "always lagged behind" in GPU wasn't the case for the average consumer. Dollar for dollar.

The XBOX one X had more video memory than the GTX 1060.

If you were to buy something equivalent, expect an AMD RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060, but those desktop graphics cards have less video memory.
1593120968406.png

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
I thought it would be something like destiny/division/etc where there will be an xpac or some crap 6 months after.

the game launches as a standalone single player.

They have said they are going to release a multiplayer, standalone Cyberpunk 2077 game AS WELL but thats not coming out till 2022 most likely, that is probably gonna be more like Division/Destiny/etc. They haven't really said whether its gonna be extra $$ or free with Cyberpunk. They make it sound like GTA Online sorta during the investor calls, at least as far as revenue potential.

They've also confirmed there will be seperate single player DLCs for Cyberpunk 2077 released after the game launches. Some free, some paid, just like Witcher 3.