Cyberpunk 2077

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They are the retailer of pretty much every video game sold in Poland as well.

Witcher 3 Sold SUPER high in N/A and Europe. Being in Poland their production costs are lower, and having sales in economies with a more valuable currency has been a huge boon.

They are a very well run company in a very unique and advantageous circumstance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Still haven't played the W3 goty I got awhile back. I'm somewhere towards the end of W2 chapter 2 and struggle staying interested

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I read somewhere that CDPR is worth over 1 billion.

I guess I really need to play Witcher.

I’d say read some cliff notes on one and two, play three. It will ruin lots of other games for you is the only downside. During several games after W3 I would be a few hours in and just say, wtf W3 did this but way fucking better, why am I bothering with this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I have tried to play all three Witcher games but I juts can't get very far in any of them. The combat just kills it for me. I hope to God they have a decent combat engine in this game!

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have tried to play all three Witcher games but I juts can't get very far in any of them. The combat just kills it for me. I hope to God they have a decent combat engine in this game!

What? Maybe the original witcher had clunky combat, and 2 left something to be desired, but the combat in Witcher 3 is fucking great. If you know how to control your camera, and time your dodges and parry's along with magic use, I would argue the combat is actually one of the games strong points. Even if the combat in TW3 was awful, the story, world building, progression etc is worth a playthrough.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I ended up just reading the books and then watching an LP. I think you need to use a console controller in order to "get" the combat.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I ended up just reading the books and then watching an LP. I think you need to use a console controller in order to "get" the combat.

It probably depends on what games you are used to. After playing a bunch of Souls games, I just could never get into Witcher 3 either because of the combat.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea you pretty much should be using a controller. PS4 controller works just fine on my PC.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Nah I used KB&M and it felt great. The combat just takes getting used to regardless of your control scheme. There were no pressure sensitive attacks or anything so a keyboard or controller should really be down to preference.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Yes, Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely coming to Steam

CD Project Red have confirmed that their next major project, Cyberpunk 2077, will be coming to Steam. In a presentation given at the Pareto Securities Gaming Seminar, the studio’s CEO Adam Kiciński confirmed that the game would not be exclusive to GOG.

Kiciński also says that Cyberpunk is even more ambitious than the team’s previous RPG, describing it as the “new Witcher 3, but even more ambitious,” and stating that it’s “a true RPG,” that will take place in a “hand-crafted, detailed open-world with open-ended gameplay.” A project that grand obviously needs a lot of staff behind it, which is exactly what CD Projekt Red have - Kiciński confirmed that the team includes over 300 staff, three times more than are working on Gwent.

• 2Like

Fedor

<Banned>
looks like shit to me

completely underwhelming considering how long we've been waiting

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I dunno. I guess I was expecting something like Blade Runner, a darker/gritty game. Not writing this off just yet or anything but the MC looks/sounds kinda generic.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. While the setting looks good its still really generic. Definitely need to see way more to be interested in this.

• 1Picard

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
c9st97pbv8311.png

Also apparently in the video of the "hacking" leading up to the trailer there were lots of Witcher 3 GOTY edition codes.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Lawl looks like shit? Calm down edgelord. I think we can give CDPR a bit of trust.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I actually dig a lighter cyberpunk game, it makes it less generic imo.

Less grimdark in aesthetics but with a really grimdark story would be a fantastic contradiction.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks pretty good to me, was just a trailer. I'll wait on gameplay.

Unlimited codes? I could use GOTY expansions.