Harshaw

Throbbing Member
ml3nd28kze661.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Running into more bugs the more I play the game. I got stuck in midair tonight getting out of my car. Couldn't fucking move. Then, I ran into another bug where everyone on the street were ducking down like someone was firing at them. I couldn't figure out why it was happening, but couldn't interact with anyone. Had to reboot to fix both issues. A couple of other small glitches here and there, but I think for as big of a project as this game was, it's nothing that's game breaking, just more of some minor nuisances.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Look, playing on PS5 there are tons of things I wish were different. There is a huge spoiler narrative choice I hate hate hate in the game that is absolutely unnecessary. I mean, I understand why they did it but even with all the considerations, I still don't like it. Let me list a few of them out:

-Conversations have no natural end. You just stop talking. No "See ya WWTBYA" or just "Bye"; It's just no loop closing at all. It must make OCD people CRAY-ZEE.

EDIT:-The game doesn't seem to keep track of time. It does. Oh it does. SOMETIMES. As Harshaw indicates, there are a number of things that transpire and are measured against the ticking clock and people will die if you leave them on the backburner too long. Although other things you don't have to worry about at all; the game doesn't tell you or give you ANY indication of which one is which. Neighbor downstairs, Evelyn, Meredith, Panam, Jackie, Judy? Which one is going to care and die if you don't go to a meeting and which one will wait forever? WHO KNOWS?

-While I don't mind the driving mechanics, its obvious this is CDPR's first driving game. The GPS alone is so fucking aggravating, its really hate-inspiring. If the driving were any better, it would make the stupid driving I get away with so costly that I would need to steal other people's cars ala GTA to afford it. My GPS talked to me in 1998, IIRC, they don't talk so you can follow directions 100 years later? The motorcycle driving is amazing, though, and by amazing I mean no wonder everyone is a cyborg. Seriously, I can hear the 80's theme song playing as I ride wheelies through intersections at 120+ mph and then flawless pivot on the front tire to stop at the police action that just popped up.

- Neighborhoods seem to have level ranges but no clear indications of them? I went from smokin' fools then had to drive to the badlands and stopped to stop a crime and got completely destroyed. I still managed to win in the end but had to switch to a sniper rifle, upgrade it all the way I could (I am one of these crafting idiots at c-level 21 but still only 9 points in tech ability) and then tech headshot the criminals through cover. Happened also in Corpo center/Downtown. Super drones out-classed and smartgunned the hell out of me; eventually I emp'ed and then beat the to death with a shock baton reloaded and I crafted on the spot. Driving around NC can be dangerous to your sense of superiority which is as it should be but nowhere is that advertised.

-The itemization feels all over the place but that may be a function of there being this hidden leveling system tied to the V and the neighbors that is occulted from the players' view. Is Watson just the starter area? Does is always remain a starter area? Do the levels scale across the board? Do the items' level scale? At one of the above mentioned encounters, all the items dropped were 4 or 5 levels above mine for required level. The stuff I have has gotten better slowly but I went, as some put it, from being a unstoppable tank to easily killable in certain areas or missions without much explanation or making any changes. Is there a random challenge level I am hitting where these few encounters are just at the upper end of a scale? No idea.

-My Biggest issue is this:
In Skyrim they didn't give you a death countdown before the title screen, which almost made me quit. I knew it was going to make everything else you did feel like a waste of time when you weren't following the main quest. As it turns out, its easy enough to ignore, and what they should have done was put Silverhand in your head and then turn on the "race to save your life" at the midgame/final third, rather than at the start. Then you get the benefit of his presence and can make friends with him, etc, without his always having his boot on your neck, as it were. It makes everything else you do feel like a waste of time. Even when you know you can take all the time in the world, the pressure is still always there. The world felt unlimited before, and had a defined limit afterward, for no reason other than that simple narrative choice. It makes for a great movie or Netflix series but an Open world game? Come on. Now, given, I am not done, and maybe there will be something that justifies that choice. We'll see but I will take convincing
I am still loving actually just playing the game. The little bits of story telling are great. Let's see if by the time I get to the end if its still warrants as much praise as I think it does.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished my first playthrough in like 65 hours dicking around and doing whatever. Still missed plenty of sidequests and will revisit this game in a year or so when some DLC and mods are out. Ghost of Tsushima gets my GOTY 2020, but this comes in second place. Amazing game outside of the laundry list of inconveniences I listed earlier. I have no doubts that these will be fixed over time.

I took the Hanako route and the ending kind of pissed me off. I had the options to work with Panam or Rogue but chose this one for some reason. Kinda cool and kinda infuriating. Will def work with Rogue or Panam next time. I romanced Judy as Femme V and the Pyramid Song quest was really cool. Do recommend. However in the credits when you get phone calls Judy is like, "sorry this didn't work out I am leaving Night City and Panam is struggling for cash for some reason. Maybe I missed something there. Some other loose ends call you like the mayor who's being brainwashed and shit. Left more questions than answers.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that whole Tarot quest was underwhelming. I at least thought I'd get into Misty's knickers after schlepping around the entire map.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Look, playing on PS5 there are tons of things I wish were different. There is a huge spoiler narrative choice I hate hate hate in the game that is absolutely unnecessary. I mean, I understand why they did it but even with all the considerations, I still don't like it. Let me list a few of them out:

-Conversations have no natural end. You just stop talking. No "See ya WWTBYA" or just "Bye"; It's just no loop closing at all. It must make OCD people CRAY-ZEE.

EDIT:-The game doesn't seem to keep track of time. It does. Oh it does. SOMETIMES. As Harshaw indicates, there are a number of things that transpire and are measured against the ticking clock and people will die if you leave them on the backburner too long. Although other things you don't have to worry about at all; the game doesn't tell you or give you ANY indication of which one is which. Neighbor downstairs, Evelyn, Meredith, Panam, Jackie, Judy? Which one is going to care and die if you don't go to a meeting and which one will wait forever? WHO KNOWS?

-While I don't mind the driving mechanics, its obvious this is CDPR's first driving game. The GPS alone is so fucking aggravating, its really hate-inspiring. If the driving were any better, it would make the stupid driving I get away with so costly that I would need to steal other people's cars ala GTA to afford it. My GPS talked to me in 1998, IIRC, they don't talk so you can follow directions 100 years later? The motorcycle driving is amazing, though, and by amazing I mean no wonder everyone is a cyborg. Seriously, I can hear the 80's theme song playing as I ride wheelies through intersections at 120+ mph and then flawless pivot on the front tire to stop at the police action that just popped up.

- Neighborhoods seem to have level ranges but no clear indications of them? I went from smokin' fools then had to drive to the badlands and stopped to stop a crime and got completely destroyed. I still managed to win in the end but had to switch to a sniper rifle, upgrade it all the way I could (I am one of these crafting idiots at c-level 21 but still only 9 points in tech ability) and then tech headshot the criminals through cover. Happened also in Corpo center/Downtown. Super drones out-classed and smartgunned the hell out of me; eventually I emp'ed and then beat the to death with a shock baton reloaded and I crafted on the spot. Driving around NC can be dangerous to your sense of superiority which is as it should be but nowhere is that advertised.

-The itemization feels all over the place but that may be a function of there being this hidden leveling system tied to the V and the neighbors that is occulted from the players' view. Is Watson just the starter area? Does is always remain a starter area? Do the levels scale across the board? Do the items' level scale? At one of the above mentioned encounters, all the items dropped were 4 or 5 levels above mine for required level. The stuff I have has gotten better slowly but I went, as some put it, from being a unstoppable tank to easily killable in certain areas or missions without much explanation or making any changes. Is there a random challenge level I am hitting where these few encounters are just at the upper end of a scale? No idea.

In Skyrim they didn't give you a death countdown before the title screen, which almost made me quit. I knew it was going to make everything else you did feel like a waste of time when you weren't following the main quest. As it turns out, its easy enough to ignore, and what they should have done was put Silverhand in your head and then turn on the "race to save your life" at the midgame/final third, rather than at the start. Then you get the benefit of his presence and can make friends with him, etc, without his always having his boot on your neck, as it were. It makes everything else you do feel like a waste of time. Even when you know you can take all the time in the world, the pressure is still always there. The world felt unlimited before, and had a defined limit afterward, for no reason other than that simple narrative choice. It makes for a great movie or Netflix series but an Open world game? Come on. Now, given, I am not done, and maybe there will be something that justifies that choice. We'll see but I will take convincing
I am still loving actually just playing the game. The little bits of story telling are great. Let's see if by the time I get to the end if its still warrants as much praise as I think it does.
On neighborhoods if you highlight the quest on the map you can see the danger level. I usually stay away from very high danger titled quests. But I’m guessing you would rather see a level range flat out?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
@ZyyzYzzy and Kiroy Kiroy : Game is a buggy mess, how can people enjoy a shitty, bug ridden game!

Board full of people who devoted years to EverQuest, including Kiroy and Zyyz:

View attachment 324534

the ai of this and eq are about on par so this is a fair statement

and i've said multiple times that this is still worth buying/playing it's just not goty material and cdpr took a big step backwards

• 2Like

Caliane

yeah. Timers in video games are a trainwreck. And 99% of the time insufferable. its one of the things, game devs keep doing over and over, and its 100% retarded.

as you said. often, quests "sound" like they are time sensitive. but are not. Sometimes, they are time sensitive in relation to other quests. Sometimes they are time sensitive to an in game calendar/clock. rarely do you know, which is which.

They are a major shitshow in open world rpgs. Especially ones that don't understand wtf they are doing. Cdprojekt games are particularly susceptible.
Like, a proper open world game is like Bannerlord, Kenshi, survival games, etc. ok. start out and... whats the main quest? survive and flourish. eat, drink, build an empire, explore, build a house, town, build a merchant empire.. whatever.
But then you get games like Bethesda games which have those open worlds, where you can go do all that.. but theres also a main quest. its oh so important that you go save the world... but also, hey lets collect flower petals, farm some potatoes.. bethesda games you can still just ignore the main quest. it won't forceably intrude on your open world gameplay. it won't auto-loss you, if you ignore it. like a Pathfinder kingmaker, where you HAVE to deal with main quest lines first, and usually immediately, or there will be consequences.

cdprojekts games are on more rails then Bethesda ones. so yeah, it makes those timered quest more important. and, "immediate" quests that aren't actually on timers feel wierd, as you go do sidequests.

Wasteland 3 has this same problem.

Devs presumably think this adds tension and pacing, but really it makes the pacing worse. they need to stop putting in these "gotta act now" quests. unless its a finale, or some real major plot point used sparingly. like, Saints row, and saving shaundi/kill killbane.

mass effect iirc did it well too. do whatever you want.. until the 3rd act when shits clearly hitting the fan and suddenly time is important. (i don't remember if it was actually time locked, or if it just gave the impression of.) But either way, they didn't put any of that "gotta do this now!" shit until the VERY end of the game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sounds like an improvement request for quest countdowns

Fairly easily solved as it sounds like some kind of timer is already counting down and just needs to be displayed