Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The key is when she says stop and draws her gun, stop moving and talk to her. Then tell her you’re passing on a message and ncpd was behind this. She says fuck this city and you complete the quest and don’t have to kill her.
You can also come back to the market later and see what she did instead of investigating them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes I'm aware you don't have to, my point was that V doesn't bat an eye at murdering her just for being a good cop.

Cybsled

Yes I'm aware you don't have to, my point was that V doesn't bat an eye at murdering her just for being a good cop.

It’s almost like it is a role playing game and you can choose how to resolve things!

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah yes, the illusion of choice.

Anyway was finally in the area and decided to check out Judy's apartment aaaaand...she's still there. Behaves as if I'm calling her rather than talking to her in person. Goddamn this game really was rushed out the door lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Anyway was finally in the area and decided to check out Judy's apartment aaaaand...she's still there. Behaves as if I'm calling her rather than talking to her in person. Goddamn this game really was rushed out the door lol.
Lol

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

That's why they call V a mercenary: Because really it's *you* that is making the choices for him/her to be the killer or the thug or the white knight. It's almost like the calls were coming from inside the house the whole time. Just because the easy ones, or the shortcuts, or the ones that get you what you want lead to semi/villainous roles or bad outcomes don't mean that its any less you driving. Just own it. Sometimes it's OK to be bad in a game. Night City is a terrible, horrible gray moral space where most everyone is Bad. Look at what trying to be "good" does to so many of the people you encounter. Your V can still learn his lesson and change his ways. You don't have to do much if any of that, though. You can make your guns non-lethal. You can use blunt force, "non-lethal" weapons, although I will be damned as to how a baseball bat or an ASP expandable baton isn't killing some of these folks you leave in a puddle of blood. You don't have to take the gun for hire missions to reach any of the endings if you feel strongly about it. "Good, bad: I'm the guy with the gun."

Night City really is a terrible place and the worst parts of the game are when I feel like they come closest to reality.

Edit: I will grant you that V's narrative is fixed and the endings for all of these stories, V's, the good cop's, River's, etc. are predetermined; however, there is a wide variety to choose from in how you choose to handle them. Meredith Stout for instance:

I didn't met her, prior to getting to the whatever bot, I got it on my own. She sends you a nasty message saying never call her again. If you try, her phone just rings and rings. Turns out, if you don't meet her, her rival at work takes advantage of her slip up with the bot and has her killed. No quick romance option there, "unusual weapon" gift availability closed for that playthrough: The door is permanently shut.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the male "V" voice actor is garbage, i'm more in the game now where you switch off between v and keanu, and v voice actor just sounds like a faggot when keanu just talked.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's why they call V a mercenary: Because really it's *you* that is making the choices for him/her to be the killer or the thug or the white knight. It's almost like the calls were coming from inside the house the whole time. Just because the easy ones, or the shortcuts, or the ones that get you what you want lead to semi/villainous roles or bad outcomes don't mean that its any less you driving. Just own it. Sometimes it's OK to be bad in a game. Night City is a terrible, horrible gray moral space where most everyone is Bad. Look at what trying to be "good" does to so many of the people you encounter. Your V can still learn his lesson and change his ways. You don't have to do much if any of that, though. You can make your guns non-lethal. You can use blunt force, "non-lethal" weapons, although I will be damned as to how a baseball bat or an ASP expandable baton isn't killing some of these folks you leave in a puddle of blood. You don't have to take the gun for hire missions to reach any of the endings if you feel strongly about it. "Good, bad: I'm the guy with the gun."

Night City really is a terrible place and the worst parts of the game are when I feel like they come closest to reality.

Edit: I will grant you that V's narrative is fixed and the endings for all of these stories, V's, the good cop's, River's, etc. are predetermined; however, there is a wide variety to choose from in how you choose to handle them. Meredith Stout for instance:

I didn't met her, prior to getting to the whatever bot, I got it on my own. She sends you a nasty message saying never call her again. If you try, her phone just rings and rings. Turns out, if you don't meet her, her rival at work takes advantage of her slip up with the bot and has her killed. No quick romance option there, "unusual weapon" gift availability closed for that playthrough: The door is permanently shut.
2077 isn't going to fuck you bro.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
2077 isn't going to fuck you bro.
I don't know if you have been reading the Internet but apparently it has fucked thousands of people. I am also not the one complaining about this realization, though:
Animated GIF

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Speaking of which, if you choose to punch Fingers, you lose out on getting the hover jets leg upgrade forever.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

I just bought them first, didn't bother punching him, and then eviscerated him with my mantis blades.

Would definitely suck to lose out on them though, that's always my first 75k spent since the first time I tried them.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I just bought them first, didn't bother punching him, and then eviscerated him with my mantis blades.

Would definitely suck to lose out on them though, that's always my first 75k spent since the first time I tried them.
I chose to not punch him, and then punched him after, before I knew about the hover jets. Now I am a sad. :| I haven't even been back to look to see what is going on in his office because I don't remember where it is. Will definitely not be punching again on my next playthrough.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i probably punched him, not sure.

you also get locked out of BIS cool cyberware if you punch him, legendary pain editor and cataresist, along with probably the best sandevistan (25% slowdown, 12 second uptime, 15 second cooldown).

• 1Mother of God

Vorph

Pain Editor is meh, 10% really isn't worth the slot. Not sure about Cataresist but I have seen a few people say it doesn't work at all. If I've got that much Cool, I'm choosing Inductor and Metabolic Editor for those slots every time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i killed the voodoo ppl when given the option, are they supposed to be wakanda w/ the most advanced netrunner network?

• 1Like