Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ok, it might've taken the population count of uganda, but i got the grenade hack to drop. it made less sense to me and my wife when she noticed i kept on farming black ppl and i explained (i think) the reason why what i want (grenade hack) only drops from the black ppl (specifically netrunners), is b/c the black ppl are the most net advanced race, sorta like wakanda.

it sounded so implausible, she just thought i wanted to kill many black ppl.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm fairly certain it dropped green for me with a random Breach. I mean, you get all the quickhacks with each level of crafting anyway although there are some which don't have Epic of Legendary versions. Cyberware Malfunction only goes to Epic which seems shitty because it is a pretty awesome ability.

Saying that, there's so much unfinished stuff in this game I shouldn't be surprised.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm fairly certain it dropped green for me with a random Breach. I mean, you get all the quickhacks with each level of crafting anyway although there are some which don't have Epic of Legendary versions. Cyberware Malfunction only goes to Epic which seems shitty because it is a pretty awesome ability.

Saying that, there's so much unfinished stuff in this game I shouldn't be surprised.
its an ultimate quickhack which i believe is only epic (and you need lvl 16 to craft) to drop

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'll want to be 50 though unless you plan on cheesing with tech weapons through the wall like I had to at ~34

I'm 43 at the minute and was wondering whether I could do it. My weapons are all crafted and pack a punch but I could knock up a Tech rifle to be on the safe side.

If you managed it at 34 though I guess it'll be pretty easy at 43 especially with Legendary Quickhacks.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, they’ll one tap you unless you’re probably at the cap.

Even trying to cheese it I came up on ammo problems by the first round of mechs. Pistol and tech rifle exhausted and trying to melee them resulted in getting stomped to the face. Trying Short Circuit and even at Legendary it took around 10% off. Good old System Reset worked but was something like 21 per charge. So, yeah, slow grind to 50 as I've completed most of the side quests but still have River and the swimming mission with Judy.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Even trying to cheese it I came up on ammo problems by the first round of mechs. Pistol and tech rifle exhausted and trying to melee them resulted in getting stomped to the face. Trying Short Circuit and even at Legendary it took around 10% off. Good old System Reset worked but was something like 21 per charge. So, yeah, slow grind to 50 as I've completed most of the side quests but still have River and the swimming mission with Judy.
can you suicide the terminators?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
can you suicide the terminators?

Probably.

The problem lies in the cost of Ultimate Quickhacks scales with the difficulty of the opponent. So, you can technically Suicide or System Reset "Red Skull" enemies but the cost on doing so will either fully empty your RAM or be more than your available RAM depending on your deck.

Assuming you can take out two enemies with the Rippler deck you could probably drop both mechs if they're close together. You're fucked as soon as you're dealing with three or more opponents though. I'm guessing at 50 the cost per Ultimate will be nearer 8-10 so that allows for more mayhem using a combination of Ultimates but at 43 it empties my RAM casting it once.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Probably.

The problem lies in the cost of Ultimate Quickhacks scales with the difficulty of the opponent. So, you can technically Suicide or System Reset "Red Skull" enemies but the cost on doing so will either fully empty your RAM or be more than your available RAM depending on your deck.

Assuming you can take out two enemies with the Rippler deck you could probably drop both mechs if they're close together. You're fucked as soon as you're dealing with three or more opponents though. I'm guessing at 50 the cost per Ultimate will be nearer 8-10 so that allows for more mayhem using a combination of Ultimates but at 43 it empties my RAM casting it once.
yes, you can suicide terminators btw, just checked

i just use that deck that does the ultimate quickhack spread +1, once you pair that w/ cooldown timer perks, it's only 10s for suicide to cool down again, then you get that cyberware that if you go to 2 ram, you get 30% back, as long as you have 2 ppl close to each other, you can just walk through a place and tell em to suicide and hide behind cover for 10s

i haven't gotten sys reset yet, b/c i'm 44 now and i still haven't done the main quest and i think in order to activate the sys reset quest i need to have been introduced to rogue and the afterlife area. (i went to the junkyard and can't pickup the thing in the fridge to activate it)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are even remotely invested into hacking and have the deck that increases targeted enemies by one (you should) the Ram limitations are laughable. Everything is dead, especially if you breach first, before you even know its there. Suicide, Cyberpsychosis, and System Shock (especially epic on Divided we Stand) fucking smoke everything even at the highest difficulty.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
decide to browse mods...

only a matter of time
ece7bc8c13ac4e6270ba0daf1387379f.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Managed the Secret Ending at the weekend. Just followed people's advice and cheesed the fuck out of it with Quickhacks. Was depressingly easy.

Nice cutscene and then I went back and unlocked the case in Smasher's room on the ship and picked up the Ba Xing Chong. That thing is deliriously fun especially at taking down cops. I've just gone on a slaughter spree killing Max Tac and Trauma Team.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I only played for 12 hours back at release. Is it substantially better now?

Have they said they’re going to still work on even more broad improvements? I don’t mind waiting a year if need be to jump back in if there will be major changes to AI and whatnot.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only played for 12 hours back at release. Is it substantially better now?

Have they said they’re going to still work on even more broad improvements? I don’t mind waiting a year if need be to jump back in if there will be major changes to AI and whatnot.

They have tightened the game up a bit, so you should experience fewer bugs, and I think they have taken care of the bigger game breaking things at this point. At least on PC, can’t speak for consoles. They have come out several times iterating that they will continue improvement and support of the game. And DLC is coming.

That all being said, I wouldn’t expect “major” AI changes specifically, maybe from a mod. I can’t really think of any games, at east that I’ve ever played, drastically improving their AI systems after release. Possibly something to look forward to in 2078, but I don’t see them doing much with the current system in that regard.

If you’ve waited this long, I’d probably hold off till they are done with some or all of the DLC, and take it all in one big shot. I personally really like this game, and even I can recognize how frustrating it can be when you hit a run of glitchy gameplay. I wouldn’t expect them to be able to iron out every single thing that is buggy either. I mean Skyrim still has some derpy shit going on to this day, and it’s probably one of the most played games of all time across all 6000 platforms it’s been released on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
They have tightened the game up a bit, so you should experience fewer bugs, and I think they have taken care of the bigger game breaking things at this point. At least on PC, can’t speak for consoles. They have come out several times iterating that they will continue improvement and support of the game. And DLC is coming.

That all being said, I wouldn’t expect “major” AI changes specifically, maybe from a mod. I can’t really think of any games, at east that I’ve ever played, drastically improving their AI systems after release. Possibly something to look forward to in 2078, but I don’t see them doing much with the current system in that regard.

If you’ve waited this long, I’d probably hold off till they are done with some or all of the DLC, and take it all in one big shot. I personally really like this game, and even I can recognize how frustrating it can be when you hit a run of glitchy gameplay. I wouldn’t expect them to be able to iron out every single thing that is buggy either. I mean Skyrim still has some derpy shit going on to this day, and it’s probably one of the most played games of all time across all 6000 platforms it’s been released on.

Thanks for the insight.

I think maybe this game will be a lot better six months plus down the road with user made enhancements and the DLC. I’m gonna keep waiting a while then.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My only regret
I didn't save Goro

I happened to do that by accident.

Scanned above me, realised they were some blue drops so jumped back up and gunned everything down. Only then realised it was possible to save him.

Not like you ever see him again though.