Cyberpunk 2077

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That was a huge patch man. Not a nitpicker, but that seems like a TON of issues.
The bugs tended to be pretty minor on high end systems, I experienced near 0 crashes or major bugs in my playthough at launch. Plenty of little visual things, I never actually saw anyone T pose, oddly enough. Saying "a few" is drastically underselling how many things could goof, though.

The bigger issue that made this game a shit storm for PC players was the tremendous under-delivering on the promises the game made. The game itself is fine and very much worth the money, it just isn't the game that was promised. Maybe some day this will be a No Man's Sky redemption arc, but even if it isn't, the game is probably worth a play through.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
In terms of bugs, I had a whopping 2 CTD's, and a smattering of minor/insignificant visual bugs on release. Was playing on a 3080 & 3700x, and I'd read that most of the issues were on "lower-end" systems, but there were multiple people on this board in the same boat as me with almost zero issues.

Those are, however, the longest patch notes I've ever seen hahaha.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In terms of bugs, I had a whopping 2 CTD's, and a smattering of minor/insignificant visual bugs on release. Was playing on a 3080 & 3700x, and I'd read that most of the issues were on "lower-end" systems, but there were multiple people on this board in the same boat as me with almost zero issues.

Those are, however, the longest patch notes I've ever seen hahaha.
I threw that list into excel...it was 531 bug fixes. They also ended the notes with 'and many more' lol.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
That was a huge patch man. Not a nitpicker, but that seems like a TON of issues.

Yes, a ton of minor issues, but like I've said from the beginning, hardly any of it is something that makes the game unplayable. People who are avoiding playing this game because a bunch of people on the Internet are crying that the sky is falling is ridiculous. I have almost 100 hours into the game, and only 1 time did I have a serious issue where my most recent save was corrupted and I had to load from an earlier save (like 5 minutes before the last save). Granted, I'm playing on a i7 10,700k with a 3080, so maybe people with lesser specs are having more serious issues, but aside from a couple random car explosions, and some NPC's freezing, I had almost zero issues playing the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's been worth picking up since release (as long as you have a PC). People are nitpicking the shit out of the game. It's an awesome game with a few minor bugs. None of the bugs are game breakers.
I agree. this game was a blast. Even with the bugs it had, which IMO, at least on the PC, version were minor. Some people just like to nitpick the shit out of stuff. And I think many people thought this game was going to be some 2nd coming of gaming Jesus, which I think they set them selves up for a disappointment no matter what the gaming studio turned out. I think out of my 2 whole play through and 135 hrs spent in game, I crashed 2 times. And I have a 1070, lol. I cant speak on the ps4s and ps2s and shit. I already gave you my take on this and the game company being greedy as fuck to try and sell a next gen game on previous consoles. That was a shit move and they paid the price for it.

Brahma if you like to slay out and kill peeps in vidja, give this one a try. You will have a blast. My only serious gripe and complaint about this game is once you figure shit out, this game gets real easy later on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
c.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Plan 'Reconsidered' by CD Projekt RED

As part of the company's strategy update, CD Projekt RED appears to have 'reconsidered' its original plan for Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer.

The company previously confirmed it as the next triple-A game in production with a target release in 2022, but now President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński explained that CD Projekt RED is focusing on bringing online elements into all of its franchises one day instead of just one game.

"We aim to make online technologies an important part of our future gamees and use GOG Galaxy to grow global communities of gamers. Let's stress this here: CD Projekt RED makes single player, story-driven, triple-A RPGs. That is not changing. What is changing is our long-term approach to online and by this we mean ensuring we are properly prepared to implement online elements in our games where they make sense. We don't want to go overboard or lose our single player DNA. We want to take thoughtful steps to build robust online capabilities. Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan."

"Given our new, more systematic and agile approach, instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game, we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day. We are building an online technology that can be seamlessly integrated into development of our future games. This technology will power online components we choose to introduce in our games and will ensure we can do without any great technological debt. With this technology in place, we can start to grow an online community powered by our own GOG Galaxy platform which connects gamers both inside and outside of our games. Long-term iteration means constantly learning and improving as we go. Our technical knowledge will expand; our expertise will become stronger; and online elements will become a logical, coherent part of our business."

The statement is admittedly more than a little puzzling. While on one hand it makes sense that CD Projekt RED would want to add online elements to its other major franchise, The Witcher, too, it is presently unclear where that leaves Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer. Is it still being made, or will the Polish studio build the aforementioned online infrastructure first? We've reached out to CDPR for clarification and will update this story if we receive any comments.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 345277

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Plan 'Reconsidered' by CD Projekt RED

As part of the company's strategy update, CD Projekt RED appears to have 'reconsidered' its original plan for Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer.

The company previously confirmed it as the next triple-A game in production with a target release in 2022, but now President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński explained that CD Projekt RED is focusing on bringing online elements into all of its franchises one day instead of just one game.

"We aim to make online technologies an important part of our future gamees and use GOG Galaxy to grow global communities of gamers. Let's stress this here: CD Projekt RED makes single player, story-driven, triple-A RPGs. That is not changing. What is changing is our long-term approach to online and by this we mean ensuring we are properly prepared to implement online elements in our games where they make sense. We don't want to go overboard or lose our single player DNA. We want to take thoughtful steps to build robust online capabilities. Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan."

"Given our new, more systematic and agile approach, instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game, we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day. We are building an online technology that can be seamlessly integrated into development of our future games. This technology will power online components we choose to introduce in our games and will ensure we can do without any great technological debt. With this technology in place, we can start to grow an online community powered by our own GOG Galaxy platform which connects gamers both inside and outside of our games. Long-term iteration means constantly learning and improving as we go. Our technical knowledge will expand; our expertise will become stronger; and online elements will become a logical, coherent part of our business."

The statement is admittedly more than a little puzzling. While on one hand it makes sense that CD Projekt RED would want to add online elements to its other major franchise, The Witcher, too, it is presently unclear where that leaves Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer. Is it still being made, or will the Polish studio build the aforementioned online infrastructure first? We've reached out to CDPR for clarification and will update this story if we receive any comments.
That would be a massive buzzkill, if they held off on making a multiplayer "port". Playing CP2077 as fun as it was, all I could think about was playing a multiplayer/looter shooter-esque version of it, and how potentially great that could be.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bought day one on series X and only noticeable bug was one side quest I could still complete, but not in a specific way.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not catching up on like 12 pages. But...

I still haven't beaten the game. I actually think I have a long way to go. I just finished the first three big missions after the heist. And I'm almost 70 hours in. I've made the same mistakes I did with my first Witcher 3 playthrough where I prioritized every nook and cranny over the stories in the game. My expectations of this game was a great story, some open ended dialogue when only a few choices actually matter, an expansive immersive world, and less then mediocre combat. And they delivered on all of those except the combat is much better than Witcher 3. Every skill path seems overpowered if you focus on it, but at least it's better than W3 where fast attacks are the obvious best choice.

However...POIs in this game are dogshit compared to W3. They're a drain. Rinse and repeat. At least in W3 you have to swap out bombs and oils - which is something I thought I hated in W3. But it actually gave each encounter a different enough flair to matter. It doesn't matter in this game. You're just fighting cybernetic dudes and dudettes. A shotgun is the same all around. And there are way too many fucking POIs. It can take 90 min to clear the ones in your area and you've gained barely any XP, found shit weapons, and didn't even get any cool side stories. Not what I expected.

But the story missions they put time into are immersive and creative. Some real memorable moments - so far the Peralez, Panam, and River side missions really stood out. River's mission being creepy af. And the cityscape is impressive as hell. It reminds me of my first time playing BioShock and seeing Rapture through glimpses of the tunnels. But in Cyberpunk you can actually visit all those parts of the map.

But in the end, it doesn't live up to my expectations. I really expected this to be a shoe-in for GOTY. But Ghost of Tsushima and Hades - and probably a couple others I didn't play - were better games last year. Which sucks to admit. Still a great game. Just didn't live up to the hype.

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
531+ bugfixes? That's almost 2 fixes per game crash I've had (1.0-1.05 ~110 crashes since I deleted the first few, 1.06 239 crashes) in a few hunders hours or gameplay and 2 playthroughs.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
531+ bugfixes? That's almost 2 fixes per game crash I've had (1.0-1.05 ~110 crashes since I deleted the first few, 1.06 239 crashes) in a few hunders hours or gameplay and 2 playthroughs.
You’ve had 239 crashes and keep playing it?

• 1WTF

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Cross functional development does NOT work. CPDR has lost their fucking minds.
They're desperate. After the failure of 2077 and source codes stolen and 1.2 delays, they are looking for anything that might reestablish their rep. This ain't it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
lol failure is a bit of an over statement, dont you think?

As of 20 December 2020, the game sold over 13 million copies worldwide. It had the biggest digital game launch of all time, selling 10.2 million digital units and grossing $609 million in digital sales as of 31 December 2020.

Yeah, I think they are doing fine. Rep might be in the dumpster, because of the PS4 thing, but rep can be fixed easy. People have short memories anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're desperate. After the failure of 2077 and source codes stolen and 1.2 delays, they are looking for anything that might reestablish their rep. This ain't it.

Lol desperate, they aren't, there absolutely is a PR shill show being put on, but after selling 13+ million copies even with refunds, CDPR is anything but desperate. 10.2 million digital copies sold as of Jan 2021, they were the spear head of an almost 40% increase in PC specific sales over 2019. Even with all the bugs, any true blooded PC master race should be shaking their hand for showing every developer out there that there is a huge PC market to be tapped.

I am curious if anyone has done a break down on the huge disparity in how many bugs a lot of people are experiencing compared to others seemingly experiencing next to none or very few. I personally was in the very few bugs boat, basically none compared to what I've seen a few friends deal with. I've seen people with rigs just as good or even a bit better than mine have pretty severe issues, and others with jumped up gaming potatoes that didn't have much issue at all. There has to be something that is causing such a huge swing in out come, and I honestly wonder if it isn't other software or background apps running on some peoples machines VS others. Consoles seemed to be pretty consistently bad for the most part, which in my mind helps solidify that is has to be something else going on with most peoples PC's that is making the difference.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Lol desperate, they aren't, there absolutely is a PR shill show being put on, but after selling 13+ million copies even with refunds, CDPR is anything but desperate. 10.2 million digital copies sold as of Jan 2021, they were the spear head of an almost 40% increase in PC specific sales over 2019. Even with all the bugs, any true blooded PC master race should be shaking their hand for showing every developer out there that there is a huge PC market to be tapped.

I am curious if anyone has done a break down on the huge disparity in how many bugs a lot of people are experiencing compared to others seemingly experiencing next to none or very few. I personally was in the very few bugs boat, basically none compared to what I've seen a few friends deal with. I've seen people with rigs just as good or even a bit better than mine have pretty severe issues, and others with jumped up gaming potatoes that didn't have much issue at all. There has to be something that is causing such a huge swing in out come, and I honestly wonder if it isn't other software or background apps running on some peoples machines VS others. Consoles seemed to be pretty consistently bad for the most part, which in my mind helps solidify that is has to be something else going on with most peoples PC's that is making the difference.

I wonder the impact this game had to PC and PC peripheral sales in general. People were building and upgrading specifically for this game starting like a year in advance. Im betting this game alone had a massive impact to PC and PC hardware sales. And it probability would have way more if it wasnt for the silicon chip shortages.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
evaluating CDPR on cyberpunk sales is a bad way to estimate the future of CDPR. Cyberpunk was gonna sell well regardless of the quality of the game, the quality of the game as released will certainly have a negative value when talking about sales of future products. That's the reality they are dealing with now.

• 1Like