Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Get prepared to pay above new car msrp on used cars. Discord’s to alert you when a 2017 Honda Civic goes up for sale. @Xexx selling 2021 RAV4s at scalper prices, local pickup only. Haus Haus thinking about upgrading his 1983 Plymouth Reliant.

It’s going to get crazy.

Look here sir.... That is a classic! A FINE PLYMOUTH AUTOMOBILE! Listen to how she purrs like a kitten... (with emphysema)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

That's the part that is major in my eyes.

Four months after release they are not just fixing minor bugs or graphical glitches, but hotfixing issues that "block progression". Not only that, but their "most common" issues. As in there are more.

Common gamebreaking bugs shouldn't really be a thing in AAA games after four months and two major patches.

That this game was a year+ away from actually being ready for release (without as many bugs and including their intended features) is obvious at this point. As is it obvious that they knew the state it was in. While I do understand financial pressures, they as developers can't hide behind the stance of "evil publishers vs good guy developers" that some can, as they are their own publisher. No Mans Sky had a tiny team with an extremely introverted shy programmer being forced out on stage pushing lies by Sony. That was still bad, but it was a true case of publisher vs developer. CDPR had its own full blown marketing campaign, featuring all the major devs for Cyberpunk in monthly streamed shows for almost six months.

One doesn't excuse the other, but I don't think I've ever seen a developer lose more credibility faster than CDPR has. Usually that takes several "bad" games and thinning out their development staff after being bought out by corporations. They did this all by themselves.

That said, I am considering starting playing again. I stopped partly to wait for a patch or two, but mostly because I wanted a RTX card (3080) as I only have a 1080. But I doubt I'll be able to get one of those for a while unless I buy an entire computer with it bundled inside.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Something could impact five out of every 100,000 players and could still be the "most common" problem. Those words mean nothing without metrics.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That said, I am considering starting playing again. I stopped partly to wait for a patch or two, but mostly because I wanted a RTX card (3080) as I only have a 1080. But I doubt I'll be able to get one of those for a while unless I buy an entire computer with it bundled inside.

I just got a 3070 and will deal with the little bit of difference. I am pretty sure I will be fine with the next 4 years of gaming.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Something could impact five out of every 100,000 players and could still be the "most common" problem. Those words mean nothing without metrics.
Why wouldn’t you say one out of 20,000?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I played the game, and obviously im no game tester or whatever, and maybe I have a higher threshold with this shit before it bugs me. But I recall only a handful of bugs, none really game breaking, mostly shit being out of place, npc doing weird shit. Other than that game played fine, on PC at least. Biggest shit that bugged me was how the cars handled in game. That was probably my #1 gripe. Oh and again, how easy the game got later.

I've been saying the same thing for months. Most of these problems have to be console related. I have over 120 hours played, and the number of annoying bugs that I've run into I can count on one hand. The only one that used to piss me off were the civilians not moving in front of an exit, which would block your escape. Aside from that one, none of the bugs that I ran into were anything more than a minor nuisance. For a game of this magnitude and scope, with the hundreds and hundreds of side missions you can do, I don't think any issues in the game were that big of a deal, especially for people saying they refuse to play the game until it is perfect. To say that you won't play Cyberpunk because a friend of a friend said that one time the character models were off for a few seconds is just stupidity.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ok, figured I'd boot it up again then. If most of the bugs are squashed and the ones left only hit a small number of people. Boot it up for the first time in months. Get to the CDPR logo then

flatline.jpg

Game won't launch at all.

Look at Steam and official forums. Yup. Lots of threads after the hotfix.

Verified the game, and 3 files failed. Now downloading 18gb. According to some, that fixes it. Some say it still won't launch even with verifying it.

Cybsled

That happened to me with the last patch, haven't bothered with this one. I don't plan on playing again until they add some new content.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Witcher 2 crybabies were even worse. You'll never see another game from them that has anything remotely close to the player choice and story branching that 2 did.
I played Witcher 2 when it came out but I don't remember the level of branching going on.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of the earlier patches, 1.05 or 1.06, nuked my game, it crashed every single time during launch. I fixed it by "deleting" C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk\ 2077\cache\GamePipelineLibrary.cache.

Xerge

<Donor>
Better Controls Menu was updated for 1.2 and i've since been playing. Now that I can effectively play the damn fucking thing...

So far my only issue is NPCs holding objects oddly, otherwise over all my experience has been pretty good so far. Enjoying it. They earned their money but they need to commit to fixing this, which it looks like they are.

spronk

FPS noob
CDPR had an investor meeting and revealed some interesting info

They spent $320m USD developing Cyberpunk
they sold 13.7m (!) copies in 2020 alone which is like $700m USD
they only had to refund 30k copies even though they promised open refunds to anyone

they were basically bragging about how much money they made lol

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm a big believer in trying to keep myself accountable, and literally can't think of a better way than making a post I'll likely forget way before it ever becomes relevant, so one of our resident Sperglords can necro it from the depths of time to slap me in the face with sometime in the distant future.

That being said, I have given this game a lot of praise, I enjoyed it, probably more than the vast majority of people. Simultaneously, I recognize that the game should have never been released in the state it was in, and that the dev's should have promised less and delivered more. I say this because I've essentially given CDPR a pass for what I think most people would agree was a poor decision, some even going so far to brand it as the beginning of CDPR's rapid decline, ala Bioware etc. I'm actually glad that they were able to deliver a financial win on such a scale, and very much look forward to the next chapter in the Cyberpunk franchise.

When that next chapter comes though, they have to do better. I shouldn't give them a pass, and I know it. So something like 4+ years from now, if they prance out another half retarded pony, no matter how much fun I'm having with the half retarded pony, hopefully I'll be held accountable if needed.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
CDPR had an investor meeting and revealed some interesting info. they sold 13.7m (!) copies in 2020 alone which is like $700m USD
they only had to refund 30k copies
Wait what? Seriously? With all the bad PR and the CDPR refund announcement AND the Sony PSN refund announcement only 30k people followed through out of almost 14 million? You’d think they’d have at least 130k, just 1%, play the shit out of the game then refund request it a month or so later just to spite CDPR. I just can’t believe that number, only 30k.

Cybsled

Wait what? Seriously? With all the bad PR and the CDPR refund announcement AND the Sony PSN refund announcement only 30k people followed through out of almost 14 million? You’d think they’d have at least 130k, just 1%, play the shit out of the game then refund request it a month or so later just to spite CDPR. I just can’t believe that number, only 30k.

Because the game worked fine for most people would be my guess. Does it have bugs? Sure. So did EQ1 and look how all of us put up with that shit for years anyways lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
most ppl probably didn't even know you could get a refund, since you normally can't get refunds on games

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

most people who bought it and were disappointed, probably just said fuck it, I'll wait until they fix it and play it in like 3-4 years with qol and ultra hq texture mods and a pc that's gonna be able to max out everything