Cyberpunk 2077

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Obviously I just played through it for the first time, and assuming you are playing it on modern hardware, its fine. (It's certainly more of a full product than The Outer Worlds was.)

Yeah, its an 'Open World' where the main quest will tourist you through the city in specific order, and any quest that isnt given to you by a fixer or a main questline is utterly forgettable. It shares the Witcher 2 thing where the early game can be unpleasant until you level up enough to get some tools, but the middle 70% is a cakewalk once you do get them.

Design wise, my biggest gripe would be the levelling system really incentives going with your desired build from the start in a way that discourages newbies going in blind. (Your stat allocation determines your max skill cap for related skills / determines the perks you can buy, with no way to reset the stats, so leveling the wrong stats / buying them too late means you cant either get the end tree perks or possibly run out of exp sources to level a skill all the way. (E.g. I dumped points into Int at the end and had no source for Breach experience, other than blindly looking for respawned gang members that might be Breachable.)

You do have the usual issue of near future settings with enemy variety - once you use humans and humans in mechs, what's left? (For the future, the game is strangely mech / drone limited.)

There are also a couple areas (Pacifica) that were cut for time / turned into DLC or both (but to CD Projekt's credit, they still haven't sold any DLC) as well as questlines that fizzle out (Mayors, Lizzy Wizzy).

All in all, assuming you have current hardware, the game is good but not great; given Covid delays, I can't imagine not giving this a try, especially at current $30 or less.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
XBOX X Should run it well but I would check the intrawebs and see what peoples experience with this game on the X was. Its a solid game really. All the hate it got was from the old console crowd, and to their credit, it should have never been relesed on the old consoles. But they fucked up and now are livinvg in their own self made misery. Plus the games years of pre release hype could never be lived up to. Anyways like I said before in this thread I love RPG but I hater story BS in games. In fact most of the dialogue I just skip. But this game had me going through all of it and I enjoyed it quite alot actually. I gave it another try after all the patches and they made the game a lot harder now, which was my only gripe about it. At release the game balance was shit, hard as fuck in the beginning but towards the mid game you were like fucking superman. They nerfed a lot of shit and the game feels way better now.

As to comparing this to elden ring? Well they are 2 different games. I would compare this to the likes of Fallout4, or a more serious GTA kind of a RPG free roam. The music is great, the game play and gun play is great, you can play it any way you want from melee, rambo type guns blazing, to a fully decked out sneaky fucker plinking enemies from afar and using stealth to infiltrate. There are more builds to explore as well, such as hacking where you hack into peoples cyber units and kill them that way. The loot is great. Plenty of good unique shit to find out there. IF you do it all in a play through it will be about 60-100 hrs. Although as in any other game like this you can just rush the main story and be done quicker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Game ran fine on series x for me and look really good, but not great. I wish there was a better mode/support/ability for the improved graphics as it wasn't worth the fps hit but looked great then, but it wasn't anything close to a deal breaker. I'm assuming those better graphics look great on high end PCs though. But game ran smoothly on series x.

I was also surprised at the how well the writing was in the game, both on a dialog level and overall. It's great if you're into that kind of thing. Was fun to just kill shit without context too, though.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will this run on my GTX 970 yet? Will new cards ever come down in price?!? I read there may be a chip surplus soon!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Will this run on my GTX 970 yet? Will new cards ever come down in price?!? I read there may be a chip surplus soon!
Short Answers: No, No, and "Yes, but it may not even matter."

At the moment it's a gamble: Are the prices going down faster than the inflation will drive them back up? Also, the chip surplus is primarily because of the crypto currency crash, but Nvidia and AMD are already starting to pivot the production of their next generation to reduce surplus, which would drive prices down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I can run this game on high settings with a card worse than a GTX970

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I can run this game on high settings with a card worse than a GTX970
I can live with high settings, so, maybe I should give a try then. It sounds like most the problems from release have been ironed out too.

According to SteamDB, there have been a lot of 50% off sales, so it probably wont go much lower until they release a big DLC, and nothing like that is even announced yet.

Daidraco

Yes, my work computer is a 970 and I basically played the entire game at work without issue. It looked great at home, but at the time this came out - I was never home. Now Im home all the time and have fuck all to play, the irony.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this worth playing again if you already sunk 140 hours into it and beat it once?

I played at launch. PC.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this worth playing again if you already sunk 140 hours into it and beat it once?

I played at launch. PC.
Probably? They’ve made over 1,300 changes (I stopped tracking, probably 2,000+ now) and fixes to it since launch. Rebalanced it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah its a lot harder now from mid game on. I did not do a FULL run through but I did spend some time to check shit out. For instance you can no longer cheese shit like 4x armadillo armor mods in every slot that give you 300 armor which makes you near invincible. They nerfed crit and crit chance a shit ton as well. Rebalanced all the skill trees nerfed some of the god weapon standouts. One thing I noticed is you no longer have wall hacks and ability to shoot through walls and shit that certain weapons gave you. This among tons of other changes.

Some people like that shit, to cheese through the game by using broken shit, and I got to tell you I enjoyed it for a bit at the beginning but then you realize how god mode is pretty much boring as fuck.

Ill prob do a full run through when they add some more content like they said they are working on.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One thing I noticed is you no longer have wall hacks and ability to shoot through walls and shit that certain weapons gave you.
I've barely messed with 1.5, but as I understand it Tech guns still shoot through walls fine because that's the whole point of using them. Guns like Overwatch that used to shoot through walls no longer do so, which was probably a bug fix since Power weapons have the ricochet effect.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'd play naked with a toe file as main wepon if they'd just add more tits and npc interaction. Bought the game on sale on xbx for the new patch. And we got nerfs? Wtf...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
One thing I noticed is you no longer have wall hacks and ability to shoot through walls and shit that certain weapons gave you. This among tons of other changes.
This is not true. I am using Tech abilities and Tech weapons, and the charge up still lets you headshot people through walls. You just can't shoot through MULTIPLE walls. You have to know where your target is and make sure he's only 1 room away.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd play naked with a toe file as main wepon if they'd just add more tits and npc interaction. Bought the game on sale on xbx for the new patch. And we got nerfs? Wtf...

They went sjw with the boobs and the boob slider

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users