Cyberpunk 2077

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TSW I probably the coolest progression system I've ever experienced in a game. I played it for a long time, and the fact that you could learn every single skill and then just mix and match was amazing. I stopped playing before Japan was released due to being busy at work, and finally got a chance to fire it back up and then they shifted it over to Legends or whatever the hell.

All the crap that I had unlocked didn't transfer over, and I never touched it again. I played the damn thing back in beta and that release, it's still to this day probably my favorite MMO. Fusang valley PVP on the weekends with a couple of buddies was always fantastic. I don't remember what server we were on, but we were all Templar, three of us had a good combination of builds we used to test out, simply going in wreck people. Swords and chaos magic was my schtick, and used to run what I called the AIDS build. I don't really remember what it entailed, but it was a lot of damage back upon your attacker, and dots.

God damn it was such a fun game.

They changed the skill system for Legends, from my understanding.

The game is still reminiscent of original TSW, but you shouldn't mess with perfect. And because people stopped playing, low count, etc. (same thing with Vanguard) that opens the game up for core changes to it's fundamentals when they try to "revive" it.

I can't speak to how bad TSW is now, or if it has a playable population, but I know OG players disliked the changes they've made to the skill system. I was going to investigate myself, but the negative feedback was overwhelming me. I know when stuff gets changed its going to be all negative feedback, but this was really specific feedback about the systems. I read enough to turn me away from playing Legends. But there is still that lingering curiosity of how bad they fucked the game up. I always like to know the extent of it firsthand (hence why I waited a full 30 days after Immortal launched to go ahead and investigate the scene myself and see just how bad it is, rather than play launch)

Maybe someday I'll give it that look for old time sake. Had I not read anything about Legends, I would have certainly done that by now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They changed the skill system for Legends, from my understanding.

The game is still reminiscent of original TSW, but you shouldn't mess with perfect. And because people stopped playing, low count, etc. (same thing with Vanguard) that opens the game up for core changes to it's fundamentals when they try to "revive" it.

I can't speak to how bad TSW is now, or if it has a playable population, but I know OG players disliked the changes they've made to the skill system. I was going to investigate myself, but the negative feedback was overwhelming me. I know when stuff gets changed its going to be all negative feedback, but this was really specific feedback about the systems. I read enough to turn me away from playing Legends. But there is still that lingering curiosity of how bad they fucked the game up. I always like to know the extent of it firsthand (hence why I waited a full 30 days after Immortal launched to go ahead and investigate the scene myself and see just how bad it is, rather than play launch)

Maybe someday I'll give it that look for old time sake. Had I not read anything about Legends, I would have certainly done that by now.
Man they really ruined the game. They dumped it down so much to where it was almost like a console action deal. I tried it even though my character stuff didn't get transferred over, and I couldn't make it past the tutorial. The original game had flaws but it was just so unique compared to anything else I had ever played, and the pros far outweighed the cons. I used to run people through dungeons as the main tank just because there wasn't any trash, and I was happy to just go in and collect skins for a weapons. But the boss encounters were always very cool and I loved the story.

Was such a cool world to explore and I would go back occasionally and rerun missions once the timer was up in the different zones that I just really liked running around in.

I wonder whether or not there's a server up and running the original version of the game with everything available, kind of like the City of heroes deal, which is another one of my favorite mmos.

I just never got to finish all of the content, I got specifically the Japan stuff, and I'm not going to try to slog through Legends to just see whatever that story is. It's just a real damn shame because I thought the game was doing pretty well and they were putting out content fairly regularly, but I guess it wasn't making the shareholders happy.

Ragnar tornquist in my mind is still one of the greatest game developers ever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Last time I checked they did still have a legacy TSW server up - messed around on it for a while playing some of the old quests.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure how this turned into the TSW thread, but man that was the best MMO for the first couple of months.

Hands down the best dungeons I've ever played. HP Lovecraft themed Polaris where the end boss was Cthulhu and The Facility making the healer/tank/dps trinity pointless were just awesome.

It's too bad they had no desire to ever create more and focused on single player areas and trying to overhaul things that weren't broken

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've gone on record before saying that the interaction of the different skills in TSW is absolutely the best implementation of such a thing I've ever seen. The interactions between the skills and all the metastates that were triggered/consumed was a thing of beauty and provided for so many genuinely different yet viable combinations.

It's a shame it was abandoned

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
there's a thread in the TV forums but the anime dropped on Netflix and its not bad, only watched 2 episodes (10 total, ~25 mins each) but the world is very cool kinda makes me wanna play the game now

• 2Like

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to give this a go at 15 bucks. The main story sucked, boring all around. I get it " bomb " in head, Shadowrun esque. Ending was boring. The world is awesome, nice looking, and detailed, the best part of the game. It took me about 30 hours to finish it, doing some of the side stuff, and the main quest. GOG says I completed 36% of the game. Didn't run into any bugs at all, smooth gameplay, combat, on PC with a 3070 TI. Also, recently played death stranding on the PC xbox pass, way better story there, just better overall. Took me around 40 hours to finish death stranding. If it had to choose one, I'd pick the package delivery sim for sure. Not sure any DLC would make me come back to this, it's just not that great of a game, but thinking about picking up the death stranding directors cut.

• 1NPC
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Decided to give this a go at 15 bucks. The main story sucked, boring all around. I get it " bomb " in head, Shadowrun esque. Ending was boring. The world is awesome, nice looking, and detailed, the best part of the game. It took me about 30 hours to finish it, doing some of the side stuff, and the main quest. GOG says I completed 36% of the game. Didn't run into any bugs at all, smooth gameplay, combat, on PC with a 3070 TI. Also, recently played death stranding on the PC xbox pass, way better story there, just better overall. Took me around 40 hours to finish death stranding. If it had to choose one, I'd pick the package delivery sim for sure. Not sure any DLC would make me come back to this, it's just not that great of a game, but thinking about picking up the death stranding directors cut.
I think Death Stranding is underappreciated due to the "delivery man" gameplay, but I found it to be a very well made / designed game in every aspect. Was impressed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol death stranding is an awful video game.

Its a semi interesting story, but as a video game....no.

Ive noticed monowire seems like its better in 1.6 Once you start compiling blade perks, it gets out of hand......(see what I did there)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Monowire was massively buffed in 1.5. Sadly the legendary one you could just find in a box was removed in 1.2.

Jozu

Oh ok I havent played since launch. And yea I noticed that too, but Im doing just fine with purple versions.

Upgrading the blade you get from Oda though seems to be better. I got it up to like 1120 dps with shit mods, if I got all leg mods that thing would be unfair. 100% crit with sandevistan active.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went through the whole game on normal, with ease, as a street brawler, annihilation spec + tech to be able to unlock doors. Shotgun's knock down, and gorilla arm's stun lock. Did most of the fist fight " boxing " quest line on very high threat because of the stun perk in the street brawler tree, also was able to stun locked the last boss becuase of it. Once the 30% stun chance is unlocked, on the street brawler tree it's gg. I ended the game with around 600 dps weapons. If the game wasn't so underwhelming, I'd probably run it again as a " netrunner " doing the quick hacking stuff, on a harder setting. But it not a game I want to play over again.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Haven't played this since my initial run at launch. Todays playthru, order a car at a desert motel. It's delivered on the breezeway on the 2nd floor of the motel?! I try driving it off the edge but I guess the 2077 guard rails are pure titanium and would not break. In the process, I run over some NPC that is too stupid to move and get into a shoot out with the insta pop poopoo.

Stay weird night city!

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Vorph

Yeah, I've actually seen more bugs in my 1.6 playthrough than I did at release. Including one completely game-breaking one on PC, the whole UI just disappears and won't come back.

On the plus side, it runs and looks way better on Series S now, and I haven't had it power off my Series X like it did a few times in 1.0. Aiming guns on console is still pure ass though, but thankfully this is a monowire build I'm playing. (I know you can fully use mouse and keyboard with it on Xbox now, but not really an option with my setup.)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went through the whole game on normal, with ease, as a street brawler, annihilation spec + tech to be able to unlock doors. Shotgun's knock down, and gorilla arm's stun lock. Did most of the fist fight " boxing " quest line on very high threat because of the stun perk in the street brawler tree, also was able to stun locked the last boss becuase of it. Once the 30% stun chance is unlocked, on the street brawler tree it's gg. I ended the game with around 600 dps weapons. If the game wasn't so underwhelming, I'd probably run it again as a " netrunner " doing the quick hacking stuff, on a harder setting. But it not a game I want to play over again.

Netrunner is the ultimate EZ-Mode.

I was working on a Molly build before I gave up but I just can't play through that opening mission one more time. It doesn't take that long by itself but the whole listening to Jackie talk to the police officer about his girl etc is just tedious by the time you've done it a dozen times.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they ever fixed the Athletics stat being ridiculous to level and the work around being the Berserk mod plus pausing the game.

Vorph

I wonder if they ever fixed the Athletics stat being ridiculous to level and the work around being the Berserk mod plus pausing the game.
No fix, and they patched the Berserk exploit. Only real way to gain Athletics XP is using Berserk unpaused and it will still take forever to do. There aren't even any good mods on Nexus to address it (just one that fucks around with the stamina system in a dumb way too) other than just using the save editor.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No fix, and they patched the Berserk exploit. Only real way to gain Athletics XP is using Berserk unpaused and it will still take forever to do. There aren't even any good mods on Nexus to address it (just one that fucks around with the stamina system in a dumb way too) other than just using the save editor.
You can use XP multiplier to boost the amount of xp you get per use: