Cyberpunk 2077

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was looking at the 50% off deal for the PS5 version, since I only have a 1080gtx and most new games run better on the PS5 (not upgrading until the 40x series).

168GB minimum. What?
The Playstation version is just bizarre. It's 30-40GB larger than either PC or Series X to begin with, and PS5 games always take up vastly more space during installation than they end up using when it's all done because of Sony's retarded system. So that 168GB is just required for temp file storage and when it's completed it will be something like 102GB.

I found a Xbox code on Eneba for $25 when I decided to double dip after they added cloud saves across all platforms. Wouldn't normally care about the $5 difference in the sale price but it irritates the hell out of me that CDPR is apparently making reparations to Sony because of the state of the game at release and the game is $50 on PS vs. $60 on Xbox.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My shotgun plan is coming to an abrupt end now that there are enemy snipers in most fights.

I've got max body and a mountain of armor and they all just oneshot me - getting pretty old having to just kamikaze at them in every single fight and hope there's enough cover to not die on the way.

• 1Rustled

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand why nobody has made a true sci-fi GTA yet, including Rockstar.

There's so much you could do. Watch Dogs does not count, that's just bad GTA with a hacker theme. I mean like actual future tech.
I mean, I think that’s what everyone basically wanted CP77 to be. Apparently it’s hard to make.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Realized I was heading down the same build path I did the first time I played with a mix of int/reflexes/tech and just using big revolvers to headshot everything.

Reset it all we're doing something different this time and probably not even running a cyberdeck.

Though I can't really remember how many if any missions really require stealth later on - am I gonna miss not having the quickhacks to kill cameras etc? Or can you just shotgun your way through all the main story stuff.
Biggest gimping here is the wombo combo of that rare lethal hack comboing off the rifle you get from the rednecks that just autohits everything in front of you. It does not appear that they nerfed that weapon at all and it just fucking melts everything in the game when paired with that Hack Proc. I think once the DLC hits I am going to try a melee centric run and avoid hacking at all.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I think that’s what everyone basically wanted CP77 to be.
Well, was it though? At first, everyone expected it to be very RPG. Then it looked more GTA-like and everyone was like "oh that's cool too." And then what we got was a weird mix of both?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, was it though? At first, everyone expected it to be very RPG. Then it looked more GTA-like and everyone was like "oh that's cool too." And then what we got was a weird mix of both?
Yeah, I think we all expected Witcher 3 in CP world, then once we saw it we were like oh wait GTA in CP world, sweet! Then it was neither and I got 4 hours of boredom before giving up. The ray tracing was pretty though!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was Witcher in CP world though. I wish the driving hadn't been just as bad as the horse riding in Witcher 3--and that should have been one of the first things they fixed, yet it doesn't seem to have been touched since release--but I was very glad when it turned out to not be GTA 2077 at all. I hope they don't ruin the game with whatever they're trying to do in 1.7 to appease the people who've been bitching about it not being GTA-like since release.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm just waiting for the DLC to play this, figure at this point no reason to play right now when the DLC will add a bunch of stuff anyway. Their timing on the anime release is weird though, feels like it should have been released like a couple months before the DLC to build up hype. I guess they probably sold a bunch of boxes from the current boom in attention but probably could have made more money off the DLC sales.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Probably been posted eons ago but my first time seeing it. Really cool detail.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I think I watched that video a while ago. If you go to the clothing store in the rich part of town and trigger that event where the super cops show up, one of the cops is the lady from the teaser trailer and she tries to recruit you

• 1Mother of God

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I dunno how easy it is to convert Red Engine geometry to Unreal, but given how you don't touch large chunks of the map (Prison, Spaceport, NW Arasaka HQ after the heist, everything but the coast of Pacifica, Power Plant, Medical Center, majority of mega-apartments, etc.), I am perfectly fine with a mostly similar city with playable all of the above and more interiors that comes out before 2030.

Maybe its just my Shadowrun roots, but I would prefer more corporation on corporation missions, and with more branching - eg
Allfoods wants data from a Biotechnica site, do you release radioactive material on their peon dock workers or take on their security forces straight up.
If you go heavy collateral damage, does Blue Eyes deem you too much of a wildcard later and you have to take out the solo assigned your gig that you would have been assigned otherwise.
Or conversely, if you go pacifist (why is all the lethal / non-lethal code in there anyway) will Kang Tao not hire you to clean out a Maelstrom base and you have to do some other mission to get routed there. Etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like it or not - I think theyre going to try and get, at the bare minimum, an online co-op with this next iteration. More likely that they'll do a GAAS with it and we'll have some mix of Division or GTA.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yep thats it, no more patching the game, leave that to the modders.

On to the next big game, annnd we promised this next game will change the industry and society forever.

Chris Roberts meanwhile is laughing all the way to the bank.