Cyberpunk 2077

Burns

Supposedly they have spent more cash on this DLC then ever before including all withcher DLC combined., Plus were getting Reeves back AND Idris Elba. People are speculating that this will be about 40+ hours of main and side quests added, but well see.
A REAL BOY XPAC?!?! What year is it??? 1999??

I fucking hate most modern DLCS.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They mentioned the DLC takes place during the main game storyline. I do wonder if the all the endings will be different if you do the dlc content

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They mentioned the DLC takes place during the main game storyline. I do wonder if the all the endings will be different if you do the dlc content

New ways for them to break the game!

cyberpunk-bug.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
New DLC is a complete rework of Cyberpunk, from the UI to the AI to talent trees, it's basicly Cyberpunk version 2.0

*EDIT* Just caught this new expansion drops support for last gen consoles, thank God! LOL

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
New DLC is a complete rework of Cyberpunk, from the UI to the AI to talent trees, it's basicly Cyberpunk version 2.0

So if I'm only like 20% of the way into the game, I should just wait?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
So if I'm only like 20% of the way into the game, I should just wait?
I'm in the same boat got up to around level 20ish couple times and set it aside to wait for the new expansion. With so much getting reworked or changed it's prolly best to wait until the expansion comes out or do a fresh start with it.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

*EDIT* Just caught this new expansion drops support for last gen consoles, thank God! LOL
Apparently the 1.7 patch will introduce all the base game changes before the expansion drops.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Which means it might be decently playable by the time the expansion drops I guess. I'll just keep waiting a bit and grab all that later on, let it simmer a bit, no hurry at this point since I haven't even picked up the original game yet.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So when they say AI, are they referring to combat or the rest of the city? I wanted a damn city. I wanted the NPC's to act like people would. The freedom to interact. The freedom to kill but with the consequence of being feared by regular folks and hunted by folks not afraid. I want traffic to actually be somewhat realistic. I want to be able to enter or blow my way into every floor and building.

Can we get a real viable police response? The teleporting law enforcement was stupid. How about a bounty system that as it gets higher, the more you are hunted. I want the choice to be a bad guy.

So much potential that was rushed and then left unfinished.

Unlike the first one, I will wait to see how people review it.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The teleporting law enforcement is supposed to be addressed with the next large patch. There are also mods you can get currently that add police chases with shootouts within your car, etc.

There are some pretty cool mods for this game. One adds a stock market and your ingame actions can impact the stock prices, so you can essentially game the market. Another adds the ability to customize cars with different parts/etc

As for starting the game now or waiting for the xpac, my understanding is the story for the xpac will run concurrently with the main story in the existing game. So it is possible you might get the best experience playing the game on a new playthrough when the xpac drops.

Kind of like Xcom2 and the War of the Chosen expac. It's still the main story game, but the xpac added a shitload of stuff to the game and there is really no reason to just play base Xcom2

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
So when they say AI, are they referring to combat or the rest of the city? I wanted a damn city. I wanted the NPC's to act like people would. The freedom to interact. The freedom to kill but with the consequence of being feared by regular folks and hunted by folks not afraid. I want traffic to actually be somewhat realistic. I want to be able to enter or blow my way into every floor and building.

Can we get a real viable police response? The teleporting law enforcement was stupid. How about a bounty system that as it gets higher, the more you are hunted. I want the choice to be a bad guy.

So much potential that was rushed and then left unfinished.

Unlike the first one, I will wait to see how people review it.
Police are supposed to act more like they do in GTA5 where they send out a single unit to investigate you and not just insta teleport behind you. They will also chase you down if you get caught and if you get up to a 5 star bounty they send MaxTac after your arse.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys think I should be worried about my PC killing itself while playing PL. I’m run a gtx 1650 super, a ryzen 5 3600. I don’t plan on playing it on ultra like a jackass but I don’t want it to look like shit either.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys think I should be worried about my PC killing itself while playing PL. I’m run a gtx 1650 super, a ryzen 5 3600. I don’t plan on playing it on ultra like a jackass but I don’t want it to look like shit either.

I played this on release with an i5 6500 and 1070. Just had to turn some things down obviously, but it didn't look like shit imo. Not amazing obviously but good for my old ass hardware.

• 1Like

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
c634852187c7f6ec3d4b4d10ffff091b7302e36b.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

Dunno how much more intensive PL will be, but I ran the base game on an outdated video card and it still looked great

Burns

Dunno how much more intensive PL will be, but I ran the base game on an outdated video card and it still looked great
The ol' GTX 970 got me through the game as well, and it looked fine. I even used a few mods too.

• 1Like