Cyberpunk 2077

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure a better card would make a very noticeable difference, but ignorance is bliss, and all that. That video from pages back, with the new ray tracing looks phenomenal, and of course I didn't experience anything close to either option shown in the video. I am unsure if any card under $700 will even manage to deliver on the new ray tracing tech, though.

The 970 runs the games I care about still, and the longer I can put off the upgrade, the better the performance should be, for the money spent. I read something about Intel dropping the price of their cards, to where they may now be the best value for performance. So, I will look at them, when the time comes that a game I really want to play is released that the 970 just cant keep over 30 FPS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

You can get some solid last-gen video cards now for a reasonable price now that the cryptomining GPU bubble is more or less done. The AMD cards still can't handle raytracing all that well, but there is a pretty solid by all accounts Intel ARC video card that handles RT for like $240 or less

Fairly cheap way to upgrade an older system with a noticeable performance gain

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Playing on release w/ 3080 had no problems, with full RTX and 4090 I'll be really anxious to jump back in at expansion and see how it's looking. One of my favorite games ever and the best city I've ever seen in a game (especially with a few mods to smooth and expand some things).

Burns

You can get some solid last-gen video cards now for a reasonable price now that the cryptomining GPU bubble is more or less done. The AMD cards still can't handle raytracing all that well, but there is a pretty solid by all accounts Intel ARC video card that handles RT for like $240 or less

I looked at cards a few weeks ago, but there are no new games that are coming out that I care all that much about, so why spend any money now. I might look again, in a few months, around Baldur's Gate 3 release time.

I thought I read something about AMD and Nvidia both bring out new cards over the summer, or maybe they just released them(?); if so, that should put downward pressure on the older cards by the end of the third quarter.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played this on release with an i5 6500 and 1070. Just had to turn some things down obviously, but it didn't look like shit imo. Not amazing obviously but good for my old ass hardware.
Right, I currently have it looking okay; I just need to play with the settings. I’m seeing the comment and it may not be an issue. I’m a simple man I’m just looking for 1080p and 60fps

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm sure a better card would make a very noticeable difference, but ignorance is bliss, and all that. That video from pages back, with the new ray tracing looks phenomenal, and of course I didn't experience anything close to either option shown in the video. I am unsure if any card under $700 will even manage to deliver on the new ray tracing tech, though.

The 970 runs the games I care about still, and the longer I can put off the upgrade, the better the performance should be, for the money spent. I read something about Intel dropping the price of their cards, to where they may now be the best value for performance. So, I will look at them, when the time comes that a game I really want to play is released that the 970 just cant keep over 30 FPS.

I feel like most people don’t care about raytracing. I really don’t

Burns

I feel like most people don’t care about raytracing. I really don’t
Sure, but if your going to buy a new card, why not care about it a little! That demo of the ray tracing they are putting in this game, with the xpac, is rather impressive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ray Tracing does look really good. I only have a 3070 so can’t run on ultra or anything but Ray Tracing does make a huge visual difference. I wouldn’t say it’s something I care about or ‘need’ but it is nice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The teleporting law enforcement is supposed to be addressed with the next large patch. There are also mods you can get currently that add police chases with shootouts within your car, etc.

There are some pretty cool mods for this game. One adds a stock market and your ingame actions can impact the stock prices, so you can essentially game the market. Another adds the ability to customize cars with different parts/etc

As for starting the game now or waiting for the xpac, my understanding is the story for the xpac will run concurrently with the main story in the existing game. So it is possible you might get the best experience playing the game on a new playthrough when the xpac drops.

Kind of like Xcom2 and the War of the Chosen expac. It's still the main story game, but the xpac added a shitload of stuff to the game and there is really no reason to just play base Xcom2
Some of that actually sounds amazing. Get a contract to take out some corporate board member. Short their stocks first, take them out, cash in for extra profit. Or, get a mission to steal tech for a corp, buy stock in them, steal the tech and hand it over, they hold a press conference about their new amazing tech, stock goes up, cash in.

Daidraco

So apparently theres a new patch that fixes a bunch of shit, improves performance at the top end, and shits all over the specs at the low end? (minimum specs are being raised?)

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just bought this for ~$30 and have played for about 5 hours. I normally get bored with the open world (Witcher 3 was about as much as I could stand), but I do like this a lot so far. So much more to learn, but I'm glad I didn't wait for the DLC to do it.

Not sure if the new patch did the graphics thing, but my 2060 super is doing great at High settings

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So apparently theres a new patch that fixes a bunch of shit, improves performance at the top end, and shits all over the specs at the low end? (minimum specs are being raised?)

The upcoming DLC is next gen consoles only, and min specs get raised.

Glad they doing this.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

No mods at all. I’m pretty sure it is something to do with overlays. Is there a way to completely disable steam overlay?

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can play it on an older-gen Xbox, obviously not ideal, but the game is not as technically challenging as made out. It does beat up the Xbox.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did I miss the DLC dropping? It’s on sale on the UK store now for £43.49 reduced from £57.99. That price is base game plus DLC though.

Ah, the DLC alone is £24.99 but has a release date of 26th September. Slightly misleading bundle description.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't played this since the first time I beat it at launch but I'm looking forward to the DLC. What are the must-have mods these days?