Dark and Darker

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
best advice for solo is you pretty much control everything up to a fight happening

once its 2 melees and a cleric on top of you, sure youre screwed

as a lowly 10-11 rogue i buzz sawed thru a 3 man from behind

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Eh this game is kinda garbage, especially as a solo player. Super slow, super unbalanced. Needs a lot of work. The gas clouds of those stupid fucking zombies follow you and last a fucking goddamn year for some reason. No matchmaking. Clunky as fuck UI. Maybe in a year or two.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
Don't think I'd play this game solo. Any skilled group is probably going to destroy you. Pretty fun with a friend or two though. Anyone know if they plan to have solo exclusive lobbies for release?

• 1Faggotry

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall combat but it's 3v3v3v3? Sign me up. I've trained thousands of hours for this in a past life.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She was playing wizard "spellsword". yeah. wizard with dagger/orb. haste, ignite, invis. mm and chain lit. Just running around soloing npcs, and entire 3 man teams. ignite, haste, invis.
1 shotting rogues, rangers first. then wizards. 2 shot on fighters. or just mm them from range.
lol was that this stream?

Caliane

lol was that this stream?

It was katie. I think I was linked via Tangent. she made a clip of the build for anyone curious. this was pre patch, which might have nerfed ignite. or fixed a bug. all stats/str stacking, dagger/orb still would be relevant though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those two have been playing with Grimmz who is forcing the least-useful, off-meta barb on himself. He's a VERY aggressive player so it works out sometimes but a good player in gear in any other class can beat him 1v1. Still some great moments though:

• 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I played this a bit more in a group setting and it's definitely way more enjoyable this way but man does a lot of stuff need to be changed/fixed and I'm not entirely sure it will be because the community is such an utter bunch of dumb fucks. Like ranger traps actually requiring you to look down and manually disable them is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen implemented into a game, especially one centered around pvp. Rangers are just so stupidly broken it's dumb. They get infinite ammo and can cheese literally all of the pve content in the game except the final boss and can lockdown an entire area. They can just run to the center of the map early on, trap the shit out of it and just gank people before they exit and take all their shit while doing nothing themselves and there's almost zero way to defend against this.

Also, the timer for the dungeon is definitely too low. You get 12 minutes to do PvE, loot mobs/chests which all take time while moving towards the center of the map and then you have to defend against other players and loot things AND find escape portals that are all scattered around randomly. For example, my group got all the way to the end of the map, we killed a group of 3 and another group of 2 plus 2 mini boss mobs and about half a dozen adds and we had like 30 seconds left to loot and find portals. We could barely loot because there simply was no time and we could only find 2 escape portals close enough for 2 of us to escape and by the time I saw the 3rd the timer was up and zoned killed me and I lost everything after looting like 4 purples and having a full purple/blue set up of my own. We played so fucking well only to be completely screwed by the absurdly short timer and the ridiculous RNG of escape portals.

The game definitely has potential and it has its moments where it's really fun but it's honestly as frustrating and annoying af as it is fun. Hopefully the devs don't listen to the dumb fucks and change some of the absurdly dumb ass shit in the game but since they outnumber smart people I'm not entirely convinced.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's about as far from arathi basin # 100,000,000 as you can get. Thank god for the immersion.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

If I understand; the solo queue is confirmed this playtest? will be a separate dungeon.. up to epic, and could be tweaked for legendary.. which in my opinion is the best option, and really the only option. Making the current dungeon a solo queue and trio/duo queue will be pretty meh; its what I wanted out of the cycle, but instead they did what they did and it gutted genpop; amongst other things, but fucked nontheless.

Matchmaking is coming, and your name will have a con color; if you keep killing your teammates your name will go red so that everyone knows what kind of person you are.

Voip should be this playtest.

Bard won't be in this playtest.

In the dungeon we are in, we are actually starting in B2; and not B1.. and B1 is still WiP.

2h run speed buff'd.

new boss, troll; melee favored or something?

Its going to be a [Demo] instead of a [Playtest] or whatever; so its a diff download but i'm guessing its because of steam indie fest thing and thats the theory of how long it'll last.

anyways, more in the vid figure those were the ear ticklers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Solo queue sounds great as that was most people's #1 complaint. VOIP should be a blast as this caters to an older crowd for the mostpart. Haven't played the last two betas, but probably going to spam this one. Was going to play Barb because they were underpowered last test, but they probably got the big ol buff stick so I may just have to wait and see. I always wanted to be wizard but they were OP as fuck last test.

If this is like 20% of the game and they add more and more shit this could be huge. The FPS EQ MMO we deserve and never got.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Solo queue seems ridiculous, like 3-4 mobs zerg you within 5 feet of every spawn-in.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I still cannot wait for this game.

• 2Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think there might not be enough escape portals in the solo map. I'm seeing an average of 3-4 pop up each round. That's really low.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya the solo dungeon is absolute garbage. Got spawned in a room with 5 goblins two times 1 of which is a mage and they each take 3 headshots to kill with a fucking axe. Not only that but another player spawns right near you too. It's god awfully designed. How do they design a solo dungeon that's harder than the 3 man dungeon like wtf lol. High risk low reward.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think there might not be enough escape portals in the solo map. I'm seeing an average of 3-4 pop up each round. That's really low.
Well there's only 16 people right? And 12 of them die to goblins in the first 30 seconds, so it's honestly probably fine by that math!

But yeah, goblins and death beetles do way too much damage and have way too much hp. Everything else has too much hp but not so bad on the damage front.