Dark and Darker

Xevy

Log Wizard
Barb's definitely the braindead class, but if you identify their weapon type quickly and understand you can definitely get good poke damage in with other melee. Something like a bow ranger or wizard getting rushed are definitely fucked though. Just a rock v scissors scenario. Fighter's can beat most barbs with the right weapon reach. Barbs are like the OG Bastion in Overwatch of this game. You'll melt 85% of the people who panic/don't know how to play, but then you're basically ineffective against anyone you don't ambush later. Though throwing axes getting the +10 damage bonus is perhaps busted for them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Only thing that needs to change on barb really is the felling axe. It only have one attack animation breaks it half and results in parry/blocking being actively bad against it cause their swing recovery time is unchanged.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Felling axe is a head chopper, but is probably most easily outranged axe by far.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Took them 5 games and some tweaked strats, but they got it. The sons of bitches, they got it:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Took them 5 games and some tweaked strats, but they got it. The sons of bitches, they got it:

Alright, explain it like you would if I had no idea what was going on or who the people involved are.

It looks pretty funny.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, Surefour is a ranger, he has the ability to drop a bear trap. It does like 20-30 damage and it keeps the person in it stuck in spot until they bend down and interact with the trap for ~2 seconds to disarm it.

So there's a point in the map with a portocullis you open with a lever. At some point they figured out it does damage. So they designed this grand scheme to trap some one there, usually trying to bait people in with their dead teammates body. So he'd place a trap, then they'd drop like 4-6 Pavises, big ass shields, on top of the trap so that A: it was invisible and B: they couldn't pick up all the pavises to get to the trap and disarm it. So that poor fuck is just stuck there while they slam the door on him for probably ~25% of his health over and over until he died.

It was definitely some creative ingenuity on their part. My team realized you could hide traps under items/dead mobs really well and basically perma fuck the trap-ee, but we never tried to do anything with it. The door doing damage is also something we were completely unaware of. It was good stuff.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Lol that's actually fucking hilarious. Legit did not even know that door could damage you like that.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So, Surefour is a ranger, he has the ability to drop a bear trap. It does like 20-30 damage and it keeps the person in it stuck in spot until they bend down and interact with the trap for ~2 seconds to disarm it.

So there's a point in the map with a portocullis you open with a lever. At some point they figured out it does damage. So they designed this grand scheme to trap some one there, usually trying to bait people in with their dead teammates body. So he'd place a trap, then they'd drop like 4-6 Pavises, big ass shields, on top of the trap so that A: it was invisible and B: they couldn't pick up all the pavises to get to the trap and disarm it. So that poor fuck is just stuck there while they slam the door on him for probably ~25% of his health over and over until he died.

It was definitely some creative ingenuity on their part. My team realized you could hide traps under items/dead mobs really well and basically perma fuck the trap-ee, but we never tried to do anything with it. The door doing damage is also something we were completely unaware of. It was good stuff.

And this is just one of the several reasons why having to manually disable traps is unfuckingbelievably retarded. It's crazy to me how these devs can make some aspects of the game so incredibly good and yet some others so unfathomably bad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh and I absolutely perfected the rogue strategy for troll and even without a full kit I am getting 40 seconds kills. With a decked out kit I can probably do it in 25-30 seconds. There's also pretty much zero chance of death too as I figured out how to prevent him from ever doing his yell attack.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

edit; ironmace response

1676732620092.png

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol Nexon, no chance I'd believe a single thing they ever say about anything

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Hmm apparently Ironmace was raided by police today and had a bunch of their stuff taken.

"
(Seoul = Yonhap News) Reporter Kim Joo-hwan and Kwon Jun-woo = The police have launched a compulsory investigation into the domestic game maker 'Iron Mace', which is suspected of developing the game 'Dark and Darker' by taking Nexon's unreleased projects without permission.
According to the game industry on the 8th, the Gyeonggi Southern Provincial Police Agency security investigation team seized and searched the Iron Mace office in Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si the morning before and secured development-related materials.
In 2021, Nexon filed a complaint with the police against Iron Mace official A for violating the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Act (Unfair Competition Prevention Act). Nexon claims that Mr.
A leaked the data of the unreleased project 'Project P3' , which he was in charge of while working at the new development headquarters, to the outside without permission, and made 'Dark and Darker' based on this.
The Gyeonggi Southern Office, which investigated the case, forwarded the case to the Seongnam Branch of the Suwon District Prosecutor’s Office in August last year, and after reviewing it, the prosecution requested a supplementary investigation from the police and sent the case back to the Gyeonggi Southern Office in December of last year.
Based on the data obtained from the search and seizure the previous day, the police are known to investigate whether Mr. A and others used the data leaked from Nexon for 'Dark and Darker'.
Project P3 is a medieval fantasy-style dungeon exploration game that Nexon introduced as its next work at an online presentation in August 2021.
According to Nexon, Mr. A, who was fired for disciplinary action, founded Iron Mace in October, about two months later. The CEO of the company was Mr. Park, who left the company after developing Project P3 with Mr. A.
Iron Mace released the 'Dark and Darker' playtest version for free on the global PC game platform 'Steam' in August of last year, and despite it being incomplete, it was popular, such as exceeding 100,000 concurrent users worldwide in this year's playtest . attracted
When the leak controversy arose, Iron Mace denied the allegation through the official Discord channel, saying, "The stolen assets (data used for game production) or codes were not used at all to make the game."
Iron Mace plans to conduct the 5th test of 'Dark and Darker' next month, and then release the game as Early Access (Early Access).

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Supposedly the search amounted to nothing and the studio has returned to normal and no evidence was found.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
"To all our fans, we have recently been served a cease and desist letter and DMCA takedown by Nexon regarding Dark and Darker based on distorted claims. We are currently working with our legal team to remedy this issue in the best manner possible. Due to the sensitive legal nature of this issue we must be careful with our statements so as to not jeopardize our position. We ask for your understanding as we work to get the game back up as quickly as possible. Please know that we will do all that is possible for our fans. Thanks!"

Damn, there is so much drama over this game. Apparently it's for real this time because it's completely removed from Steam.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"To all our fans, we have recently been served a cease and desist letter and DMCA takedown by Nexon regarding Dark and Darker based on distorted claims. We are currently working with our legal team to remedy this issue in the best manner possible. Due to the sensitive legal nature of this issue we must be careful with our statements so as to not jeopardize our position. We ask for your understanding as we work to get the game back up as quickly as possible. Please know that we will do all that is possible for our fans. Thanks!"

Damn, there is so much drama over this game. Apparently it's for real this time because it's completely removed from Steam.

Steam's policy I believe is to remove any content from a developer with a DMCA against them. It's supposed to come back in 14 days and this Nexon company is failing to burn them thus far.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Legal writeups like that always try to put their strongest argument forward and always make it seem like they have an ironclad case. I would be curious to see what the counter arguments are.

For example, a lot of those allegedly shared assets are pretty generic. Like the files labeled basic shit like "lockpick" or "wall".

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
This could be one of the all-time greatest video game let downs if Nexon makes this game vanish. First game that gave me feels since Halo 1 on original Xbox or EQ when I was 11. Nothing like it and there's no way any money hungry dev company would ever make it well.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like