Dark Matter

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I got a good laugh when android got the upgrade to make her act human. Because I knew the actress well enough to know she can't pull off human.

One thing I didn't catch right away was how Dyson knew where jake corso was because he went straight there once he figured out who had done the hack. I guess that means dyson or whoever he takes orders from was the one to order the hit on 1?

Cybsled

Gotta love Canadian shows, the same actors will inevitably show up for work lol

Oldbased

> Than U
Finally some more science/info/answers this week.
Looks like from the preview they Star Treking themselves into a shit storm next week though.
Is it just me or does it seem like each week the cast just appears more and more bored of their roles?
I mean for SyFy it is still pretty dang good acting/quality but they just seem less and less into the roles and more like, "Hey, let's hurry this up, buffet is getting cold."

I still enjoy the show.

I feel that Season 2 has worked out some of the problems from Season 1, like getting rid of One was good for progressing the plot of the show. His unambivalent do-gooder attitude never really meshed with the rest of the crew - whom were on the side of good, but more likely to make morally compromised choices to get things done.

I'm not sure if the acting's really changed though. I always thought it was just passable. The two best shows on SyFy imho, right now, are The Expanse & The Magicians.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Magicians is by a landslide the best. I'm still enjoying Dark Matter and Killjoys, it's definitely not TNG or BSG though

Ladro

Anomaly
It's a decently fun show that finally seems to be going somewhere albeit into the parallel universe trope. Glad they killed off the whiny bitch, he was annoying. After seeing David Hewlett though, it just made me miss the Stargate universe.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the jump in performance from GrimDark crew to Rodney was a reminder how much more fun the stargate series was to watch and how better the actors were (well, most of them). Still, it fills that nice little niche of 1-2 hours of scifi tv every week, so I'm happy they are both on and hope they get renewed again. There were a LOT of really bad SG1/Atlantis episodes, but even still it was great to watch them every week and I feel the same way here.

Android, Three, and Five are great on the show though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
SGU was a show that was really starting to come together at the end of season 2. I'm pretty sad it got cancelled just when it was really starting to peak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Still, it fills that nice little niche of 1-2 hours of scifi tv every week, so I'm happy they are both on and hope they get renewed again.

This. Greatest Scifi I've ever seen? Not by miles......but am I happy as hell we have it? Fuck yes. Dark Matter, Killjoys, .....The Expanse? sheeeeit.

We've seen droughts with little to no SciFi shows around before. I'm loving this even if it isn't always top shelf.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
SGU was a show that was really starting to come together at the end of season 2. I'm pretty sad it got cancelled just when it was really starting to peak.

Yeah the second season of SGU was good stuff, especially towards the end. It's a shame that just as they started to get stuck into the cosmic horror/mystery stuff they bailed on the show :( Gotta love the cliffhanger close:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The best part about him showing up is then I can root for the 'good' guys to kill someone.

Cybsled

Cool...their season finales are this Friday I think. On Killjoys, kind of pissed off on who they killed off last episode.

Average Syfy show run is usually 3-4 seasons it seems

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
3 more episodes of this left, double next Friday and finale the week after.

I dunno, I like the show, but I hate how much this season has focused on the android. It just takes away from the crew dynamic which was the best part of season 1. It even takes away from some potentially really cool stuff they have going on in the universe. The predictions of war and how the Razze could have a big impact are so much cooler. That type of story would give me huge Firefly vibes. Them fighting the fights they want trying to influence the war to the ends they desire, fighting against the corporations. That's a cool show. Fuck all this android stuff :(

I like the cast (sans android), I think the show is suffering from shitty writing.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm hoping they're spending time on the android now so they can explain away her being such a bad actress that she's too robotic to be a human, but still can't pull off a robot. Once that's all sorted out i hope she'll fade back into the background. I don't really want her to go away because she's nice looking and not afraid to do love scenes on TV. They just need to switch to girl on girl action.