Dark Souls 2

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looking at those screenshots had me thinking about my time with DS2, pretty sure I hated it because I have zero good memories just frustration and annoyance.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I love having the Great shield. It's like a safety blanket even when I am not using it. I just feel more comfortable having it. So I am still rocking the +10 mace with A scaling and not having a lot of trouble. I am not in love with the Large Club yet. Finished Iron Keep today, I kind of did it out of order since I did Gutter and Black Gulch first.
The large club is all about the strong slam attack. You can basically stun lock most mobs in the game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The mace has pretty good poise damage too. I'll try the large club for a bit as well.

I don't like this one nearly as much as 1 but I don't hate it. I'm still having fun mostly.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I got more replay value out of ds2 than either of the other two, primarily because the covenant rewards and some of items only available on the second play throughs made it worth it. Because of the soul memory element (instead of soul level), I would make a new character to try out a different build rather than respec, because otherwise I'd end up fighting someone fast rolling in full havels and max sorcery. The pvp is what really extends the longevity of the game, and I found DS1 a laggy backstab fest, and DS3 covenants a total joke.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I farmed ds2 more than any other installment because of the bonfire ascetics for sure. Probably used like 60 of them on the Giant Lord alone.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Played with the Greatsword a little today.

Rkn4g7t.png

Also killed Freja and saw this in her room. Thought it was pretty neat. She killed this dragon or something.

lWswnhJ.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah strap in and suck it up, the death mechanic is annoying as fuck. Look up how to get the ring of binding ASAP.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're playing Scholar, right? Haters gonna hate, SotFS is sublime. Hatorade's advice is sound, though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ring of binding is pointless unless you somehow potato into a bunch of deaths over and over.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So, I just finished DS1 for the first time. Going to start on DS2 tonight.

Any tips?

Chanur Chanur Are you playing with any mods?

No mods.

I kind of got derailed by my girlfriend moving in and work closing our office. I still have 1 DLC left to complete then I can finish up the last boss or two in DS2.

Ring of binding is really useful early on while you hone your skills and have shit gear. Later on it becomes somewhat useless.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Going to give this another go, try two hander. Last time I made it to the demon boss around the lake of lava. This was before scholars was out(I think)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not one of the guys who claims this game is better than Souls 1, but I DO claim steadfastly that Souls 2 - and especially its Scholar variant - is better than Souls 3, and Souls 3 was still goty for me.

2 had the best build variety, the (perhaps consequently) best pvp, the best DLC, and is by far the longest game in Soulsborne. Its level design is far, far worse than Souls 1, though, but to be fair any game that isn't Souls 1 has worse level design than Souls 1.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Link me a heavy armor two hander build? Having hard time finding one. I like a good heavy thrust weapon like the fume sword in DS3.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Link me a heavy armor two hander build? Having hard time finding one. I like a good heavy thrust weapon like the fume sword in DS3.

Never been a two-handed fatty kinda guy. My first run (no Scholar) stumbled into the Mastodon Greatsword and thence evolved into a str build. I DEFINITELY recommend that weapon - and it does have a thrust. I really don't know anything about stat allocation for fatties though, as I always err on the side of high mobility in these games, even when using heavy two-handers.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Same, but tried it for the first time in DS3, felt unstoppable. Heaviest armor while maintaining a medium roll, ultra greatsword.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Going to give this another go, try two hander. Last time I made it to the demon boss around the lake of lava. This was before scholars was out(I think)
I switched from the Mace at the start to the Greatsword and I have to say its beastly. With the Greatsword I am running a mostly strength/dex build with some left over points spread around. I'm not wearing heavy armor though. If you want heavy armor you need to pump up your Strength/and Vitality.