Dark Souls 2

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Goddammit, now I have to go back and play this game more, and finish Bloodborne, and finally get around to buying DS3.

Assholes. I've spent way too much money this year already.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wow mob placement is very different in Scholar version, no knight at first court yard but way more zombie dudes. Now I don't know what to expect. Like a completely different game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Large/Giant Club > Greatsword for most PvE.

Greatsword I never tried...that's the one that weights a fuckton, right?

The Large and Giant club I always found too large and giant. I'm partial to the Mastodon Greatsword, Mirrah Greatsword or Defender Greatsword when doing a Big Fucking Weapon playthrough.

And Hatorade, you in particular are in for some good From trolling. You'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Greatsword I never tried...that's the one that weights a fuckton, right?

The Large and Giant club I always found too large and giant. I'm partial to the Mastodon Greatsword, Mirrah Greatsword or Defender Greatsword when doing a Big Fucking Weapon playthrough.

And Hatorade, you in particular are in for some good From trolling. You'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

I liked the Mastodon Greatsword too, used it here and there when I wanted/needed a big slashing weapon. Never really tired the other two out.

• 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Wow mob placement is very different in Scholar version, no knight at first court yard but way more zombie dudes. Now I don't know what to expect. Like a completely different game.

It's really weird the decisions they made between the two versions. I don't want to spoil any of it but some areas in scholar are a lot better than original and others are rage inducing. Some of the area's layouts, item descriptions and item placements are slightly different too if I remember correctly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The move set on the Greatsword is what makes it awesome. It has a downward slash and a wide sweeping slash. Its great. I have a Mastadon greatsword but I have never tried it for some reason . I am wondering if I was missing a stat or just never considered anything but the Greatsword.

They are basically two different games. Mob placement is different, items are gone or added and placement is different.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I might be misrembering the name but I loved the gravekeeper great sword you get from trading in one of the NG+ souls. You could adjust the aim of your swing a bit as it was going down and flat out aim where it would go while rolling better then any other weapon. It scaled with strength and dark so you could make a pretty nasty hex build late game (200+SL) with it and even infuse it with dark to get a ridiculous attack rating as well but even just the base stats version was a beast. My favorite though was the fume great sword the only problem is I suck at the fight to get the soul and can do the boss that gives the gravekeeper soul at pretty much any bonfire intensity with ease.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The move set on the Greatsword is what makes it awesome. It has a downward slash and a wide sweeping slash. Its great. I have a Mastadon greatsword but I have never tried it for some reason . I am wondering if I was missing a stat or just never considered anything but the Greatsword.

They are basically two different games. Mob placement is different, items are gone or added and placement is different.

Mob placement is crazy hard in some spots, mass of dudes run at you after the gate closes behind you, way more than I remember in many places like that. Thinking I need to switch to sword and board until I get the UGS I want. Twohanding the mace/Axe and the like isn't working. The knights that just sit there until you attack them are a pain when grouped up with the larger dudes, killed me once because I thought he bugged out and froze but nope he was just tensing up for a borderline teleport stab and killed me.

Short version is this game is either way harder than 1 and 3 or isn't clicking with me yet.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Mob placement is crazy hard in some spots, mass of dudes run at you after the gate closes behind you, way more than I remember in many places like that. Thinking I need to switch to sword and board until I get the UGS I want. Twohanding the mace/Axe and the like isn't working. The knights that just sit there until you attack them are a pain when grouped up with the larger dudes, killed me once because I thought he bugged out and froze but nope he was just tensing up for a borderline teleport stab and killed me.

Short version is this game is either way harder than 1 and 3 or isn't clicking with me yet.

I played it pretty quickly after 1 and the game plays much differently and in many ways is harder. I am playing a melee in 2 though and I was a sorcerer in 1. I use a tower shield a lot. Against most bosses it's not very useful but it's more of a safety blanket for me. I swap between greatsword and board and two handing the greatsword.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Area outside of smelter demon is retarded, WTF were they thinking with that mob placement? Just killed the old Iron king, not really liking twohander but not really liking anything about the game anymore...

Gave both version a fair shake, will try one more time tonight to see if it clicks but doubt it.

Last edited:

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Area outside of smelter demon is retarded, WTF were they thinking with that mob placement? Just killed the old Iron king, not really liking twohander but not really liking anything about the game anymore...

Gave both version a fair shake, will try one more time tonight to see if it clicks but doubt it.

That area was pretty tough for me. I died a lot getting through haha. You just die a lot in Dark Souls. I am pretty okay with that.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Killed the first boss in the Ivory Crown DLC today. Pretty cool expansion so far. Yes the pun is intentional!

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got Dragonrider and Old Dragonslayer each on the first try last night, with the help of that NPC summon. He really wrecks shit. The stupid red drake killed me once though.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm not all about that. I managed to run away from him near the Sex Change Coffin and the chest in Lost Bastille.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Pursuer showing up all over the place is wrecking my shit...
Yeah he's a real whore until you learn to fight him. Then I made him my bitch the rest of the times.

I finished the required Ivory Crown DLC. There is an optional area I found with two optional bosses. I'm probably going to do it but not sure. Might just go back and finish the game.