Dark Souls 2

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dark souls makes it really obvious why spear + shield makes the most sense for fighting monsters.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Spears are badass, the first real weapons, yet so underutilized in most RPGs.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They are kind of boring. Unless you swing it like a retard there's only one motion.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Eh, I like the flow of the combat. You block and parry a lot it makes it fun.

More fun than just nuking the fuck out of everything with magic spells at least.

Also a lot of the bosses and bigger demons in the game are a little tougher when you're really slow, even with the extra block and mitigation. Like that dude in the DLC with the big hands. Still haven't beaten him.

Breakarms_sl

shitlord
Can not wait for this but I hate what i'm hearing about the PVP. I absolutely cannot stand PVP in Dark Souls, it's so gay because the ping differences make it absolutely ridiculous for one. So often I land successful backstabs on players that either do 0 damage or they backstab me when they were nowhere near my back, or they have some weird gimmick build that is very hard to impossible to counter for a PVE focus. To hell with that noise. I'm just going to get very creative with my firewall.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ping shouldn't be a preferential issue if they set up the servers appropriately - remember with DS it was hosted not servers - so always one person would have a 0 ping while the other had some degree of ping - but with servers it should be relatively equal footing.

Szlia

Also, with everyone being in PVP all the time, it will be a lot easier to find nearby opponents with a good ping.

I found the covenants very lackluster in the first game though and I hope they put a lot more thoughts and work into them this time, so that choosing a covenant makes you genuinely feel like you belong to something greater than yourself. Maybe have a system where you can see who are the other players of your covenant online in the same area as you and be able to call them for help when you are invaded or something. Maybe also add a mechanism a little less fubared than DS' tendencies so that covenant can have a lasting impact on the world at a global scale.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I hope they include some kind of Arena or PvP training. I found the biggest problem with PvP in Dark Souls was that I started late and the gap between me and an experienced PvPer (mostly the people invading) was so huge it was tough to catch up. I'd die so often without doing shit to them it was really difficult to feel like I was improving or getting any better. It took a looooooooong time and many YouTube videos to improve. If it wasn't this particular IP I think I probably would have just given up. So, anyway, if they are going to increase the occurance of PvP, I hope they find a way to level the curve (not dumb it down or artifically inflate your skills, but give you a forum in which to learn). Before anyone states the obvious: I have no friends who play this kind of game. Pussies.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It sounds like with the Covenant of Blue/Guardians of Blue they're trying to do thatby giving that guild a frequent guard.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I didn't do much pvp in Dark Souls but from what I've seen on Youtube, avid pvpers in that game are the lamest motherfuckers on Earth.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_44828.jpg

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Cannot wait. Hope I can get into the first network test for NA on the 12th. Those menu sounds are pure evil, remind me of the first Silent Hill.