Dark Souls 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or are the default gamepad buttons stupid using a ds4 on the pc version? Better yet, I can't seem to rebind them, only the keyboard buttons...
PC and PS3 controls are identical when using DS3/DS4, so what exactly are you referring to?

Christ, people, spend $15 on the gamepad that is basically designed for windows games. $15 = end of all problems and bitching

Xbox 360 Controller Wired Black | eBay

I've now played both dark souls, every Assassins Creed game, and every Batman Arkham game with a 360 controller, and never even once did I have to mess with a single setting or binding. Never any drivers to load, no software, nothing. Plug it in and play. Thats it.
Personally, I'd much rather spend a few minutes installing a Bluetooth driver and use the far better designed controller that's also wireless.

Needless

Toe Sucker
pilgrim of dark makes me laugh, having to spend a human effigy every try is retarded

The fact that i'm dying to this low HP boss boggles my mind, i get it 1 hit away from death and die every time.. it's hilarious, once the fucking scrub boss splits i go into derpy retard mode and die. Oh well, i'll finish that stupid cunt tomorrow.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The belfry is fucking hilarious. There doesn't appear to be any kind of cooldown between invasions, so if you walk in there as a human it's just a never ending stream of chumps to murder. I managed to kill 14 before some dude showed up with a lightning spear that oneshot me.

Elerion

N00b
Is it just me or are the default gamepad buttons stupid using a ds4 on the pc version? Better yet, I can't seem to rebind them, only the keyboard buttons...
If you're using a DS3/DS4, use a software that emulates a X360 controller. That gives you the right controls automatically in every single console port released in the last 3 years.

DS3: Motioninjoy DS3 Tool
DS4: This one works well:DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver!

Elerion

N00b
His daughter has some. You'll find her...
...after beating Dragonrider, talking to the lady above him, then talking to her again in the tunnel between Majula and Heide's Tower of Flame. That opens a path along which you'll find the smith's daughter.

Vorph

If you're using a DS3/DS4, use a software that emulates a X360 controller. That gives you the right controls automatically in every single console port released in the last 3 years.

DS3: Motioninjoy DS3 Tool
DS4: This one works well:DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver!
It's much better now to just useScarlet Crushwith a DS3. It works perfectly wired or Bluetooth, and unlike MiJ* it isn't infested with Chinese adware and popups. SCP also works fine with DS4, and I'm still not entirely clear why people at PCSX2 keep forking new projects based on his source when the original does the job.

*-If you do still use MiJ for some reason, at the very least you should also downloadBetterDS3so you have a proper GUI that isn't riddled with ads and doesn't force you to be online to use it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Personally, I'd much rather spend a few minutes installing a Bluetooth driver and use the far better designed controller that's also wireless.
360 controller > all

Playstation controllers have always felt too small to me, like they're made for kid-sized hands. Then again, I also liked the original(HUGE) Xbox controllers, before these smaller ones came out.

To get back on topic though, I'm damn glad you guys told me about the other path from Majula leading to the tower of flame and all of those areas. Those bosses were WAY easier than trying to attempt those 3 sentinels first. The tower of flame, cathedral of blue, and no-mans wharf were stupid easy compared to the Lost Bastille.

Curious, is there any ring in this game that is similar to Havel's Ring from DS1, that increases your carry load by a lot?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Define a lot? There are carry weight increase rings for sure, but I don't know if the numbers stack of up the Havel ring or not.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
360 controller > all

Playstation controllers have always felt too small to me, like they're made for kid-sized hands. Then again, I also liked the original(HUGE) Xbox controllers, before these smaller ones came out.

To get back on topic though, I'm damn glad you guys told me about the other path from Majula leading to the tower of flame and all of those areas. Those bosses were WAY easier than trying to attempt those 3 sentinels first. The tower of flame, cathedral of blue, and no-mans wharf were stupid easy compared to the Lost Bastille.

Curious, is there any ring in this game that is similar to Havel's Ring from DS1, that increases your carry load by a lot?
Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Royal Soldier's Ring

For PvP I have been using Notched Whip and Bandit Knife, people freak out over bleeding damage haha.

axeman_sl

shitlord

The First/Second/Third Dragon Ring do it as well, in addition to giving a bonus to HP and stamina. They're some of the best rings in the game. I'm not actually sure where the first one comes from now that I think of it, but the second one can be obtained less than halfway through the game. The third one is pretty late but gives a hefty bonus to all three stats.

Vorph

First is from Company of Champions rank 2. Waste of time really, CoC was a cool idea that they squandered and by the time you get enough awestones for rank 2 you'll almost certainly have the second and/or third ring.

P.S. The wikidot.comwikiis much more complete than the other one.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
For PvP I have been using Notched Whip and Bandit Knife, people freak out over bleeding damage haha.
I also use a bleed weapon in PVP, but is there any confirmation I as the bleed-inflicter get that my opponent is bleeding? I know they have the meter/warning pop up on their screen, but how can I tell? It's not like DS1 where blood splashes out, but the effect is also completely different this time.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only indicator is the massive health drop. I was dicking around with a katana in coop and fending off invaders and never got any indication.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Found out my lack of invasions (bell tower) is related to being a lower level....

Buddy who is SL 150ish says he can't even move in the story mode because he gets so many invasions..

Am I the only person that doesn't stop and farm every zone until it goes extinct (I only did this to get the old knight armor suit)?

What soul level do you think is reasonable for stumbling upon the Bell Tower area? I am able to assist plenty of others with bosses that appear to be my level... yet the number of blue orb successes I have had is... 1 time.... 0 bell tower invasions.

Oh well, I'll stick dat bell tower ring on in like 40-50 soul levels. Then it's time for the gittin down to the good part of the game (breaking guards/heads open with mace).

Needless

Toe Sucker
i think first second and third dragon rings all act like ROFAP as well from DS1, gives equip load, sta and health. It's not much though, at best the third one gives 7.5% of each i think?

I actually missed one of the belltower areas, i need to go back and do that after i finish the stupid darklurker tonight lol
I think those two and the ancient dragon are the only things i've missed now

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bell towers are very fuzy since you can hit them at radically different levels depending on how you progressed through the game. I know the Fire area Bell tower I hit a lot sooner my first run, due to my mage just motoring through that area. Gargs I did way late on both playthroughs, due to the aggravation of the chain invasions making me sure I won when I made it to the fight.

My first playthrough I farmed certain areas a lot (Heids a bunch, Fire zones a bunch) for specific set drops. Its not so much about the souls as the item drops from said zones.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Heide is pretty good to farm early because of the relatively high soul count per mob. I cleared it all out my first play because I was having a hard time getting to dragonrider as a dual wielding newb in champions covenant. Then again, I also went to Heide first, so that was dumb.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I also use a bleed weapon in PVP, but is there any confirmation I as the bleed-inflicter get that my opponent is bleeding? I know they have the meter/warning pop up on their screen, but how can I tell? It's not like DS1 where blood splashes out, but the effect is also completely different this time.
Bleeding/poison while effective is a mind game, best to not worry about it just play like you are swinging plain steel around, puts all the pressure on them. Mix of bleeding throwing knives, whip, dagger, randomly sprinting away or just right past them etc.