Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This, I never summon till I beat it solo.

After having somewhat recently done a DS3 run with a couple of coworkers.... yeah, you are shortchanging the shit out of yourself if you have -any- help. Story requirements sure, but I don't think there's anything like Solaire and the dragon in the sewers where your NPC can half-solo the boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Wait, Solaire can almost solo Gaping Dragon ? haha everytime I summoned him for it he always got smashed lol.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can basically potion chug and rush bosses down with a crew on phantoms, does ruin it a lil

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Solaire being able to almost solo Gaping Dragon (thanks for reminding me of the name!) might be a bit random, as it really depends on if the dragon hits him dead on with the big face smash thing near the start or not. When it is stuck in the ground, Solaire just wails on it (at least did in my game) a couple of the times, while in one playthrough he basically randomly kited himself off the ledge while getting slapped. Still!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I did a couple sommons for quests in 1 and 2 to see the NPCs storyline but thats it. Its much more rewarding solo.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Am I missing something playing unembered besides when I kill a boss and inevitably die to something 5 minutes later ?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think Solaire being able to almost solo Gaping Dragon (thanks for reminding me of the name!) might be a bit random, as it really depends on if the dragon hits him dead on with the big face smash thing near the start or not. When it is stuck in the ground, Solaire just wails on it (at least did in my game) a couple of the times, while in one playthrough he basically randomly kited himself off the ledge while getting slapped. Still!

When I was trying to finish up the Platinum for it, I ended up looking online for ways too farm Sunlight Medals(only summon I knew about at the time was Garg's and the Medal you can get from Lautrec if you rescue him before Garg's,) I had just finished Knight's Honor trophy and didn't feel like running thru the whole game again

I could never get Solaire to survive till the end, Gaping would bum rush Solaire then turn his attention to me, I find it funny that there is a small I bet minuscule chance he can almost solo it rofl. Yay for Sunlight bugs though, bastards saved my ass.

Last edited:

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, starting this game today. Just finished DS2. Holy shit... this is more like it. I already dig it more than SOTFS. It's gorgeous, like Bloodborne. My hopes are high!

Fedor

<Banned>
Ok, starting this game today. Just finished DS2. Holy shit... this is more like it. I already dig it more than SOTFS. It's gorgeous, like Bloodborne. My hopes are high!

early estus shard and silver serpent ring

unequip everything to make the jump easier

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Fume sword build was my easiest play through, it dominates and feels good to land blows with it. Have fun though best DS game IMO.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish I could forget everything I knew about this game and play all three installments again. Oh well, playing all 3 installments again with the knowledge is the next best thing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't hate SotFS like everyone tells me I should but I am really struggling to push myself through it to get to 3.

I'm glad I finally completed DS2, but this is what I've been waiting for. It's so much more polished, and fluid and connected. You can really feel the evolution of the previous iterations coming together.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
early estus shard and silver serpent ring

unequip everything to make the jump easier

OK, this is very helpful. Thank you, Fedor. Although it took me way too many attempts to make that jump, lol. I can't imagine when you'd finally make it back here with the gate key at that outrageous price? Gonna be a long time it seems to get back here legally.