Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fume sword build was my easiest play through, it dominates and feels good to land blows with it. Have fun though best DS game IMO.

Fume sword, huh? I was hoping to recreate my sorcerer from DS2 but I'm not fairing very well as a pure sorcerer at all. At all... Seems like more of a hybrid build would be a better course of action. Think I'll try that sword, thanks. Assuming I can lift it when I find it!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fume sword, huh? I was hoping to recreate my sorcerer from DS2 but I'm not fairing very well as a pure sorcerer at all. At all... Seems like more of a hybrid build would be a better course of action. Think I'll try that sword, thanks. Assuming I can lift it when I find it!

50 str required! Caster builds come into power end game, also easy to farm stuff using the crystal sage rapier you get pretty early.

Irithyll Straight Sword is great until you get the rapier.

Fedor

<Banned>

I got raped early as a pure int sorcerer but it eventually turns into the easiest build to play. You'll have to rely on a good fast weapon like the estoc (with magic weapon buff) early on.

You can re-allocate your estus to get more ashen flasks for fp but it's better to have more estus flasks early on since you're going to be using melee weapons instead of spells.

The fume ultra greatsword is pretty much only usable by a strength build.

Fume Ultra Greatsword | Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I can't imagine when you'd finally make it back here with the gate key at that outrageous price? Gonna be a long time it seems to get back here legally.
You'll start earning souls much faster than you think.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Some of the best DS cosplay I have ever seen.

kVk8FzR.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Don't blame you on that but if you have the chance give the frozen crown dlc a try it is leaps and bounds above the rest of the game (outside the optional boss area which may be the worst in the souls series).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I liked Frozen Crown, and Fume Knight fight out of all the DLC"s the Sunken City was so trash, 3-way gank fight was *barf* but at least the Sinh was fun(soft of...)

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't believe how much fun I am having with this game. Played way too long this last weekend trying to level up a bit. Basically everything you guys have been saying/advising is coming true, which is awesome.

I've fukdup on some npc quest lines for certain, but it's ok. There is just so much going on and it's bloody gorgeous. Haven't taken this many screenshots since Witcher3, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've ended up using the Dark Sword for a while now which I picked up after finally beating those nasty Darkwraiths a few times. What a bunch of mofos. Man I ran like a bitch so many times trying to gain some breathing room to recover. The only real sorcery I'm using so far is the spell to magic buff this dark baby for some serious damage. Plus it looks godamn killer.

The casting is still sooooooo slow for me, so sticking with the sword for now using the GMW spell. Great success!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I can't believe how much fun I am having with this game. Played way too long this last weekend trying to level up a bit. Basically everything you guys have been saying/advising is coming true, which is awesome.

I've fukdup on some npc quest lines for certain, but it's ok. There is just so much going on and it's bloody gorgeous. Haven't taken this many screenshots since Witcher3, lol.

Equip a dagger for the swamp bits, use its quickstep to get around quickly. Quickstep | Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I've ended up using the Dark Sword for a while now which I picked up after finally beating those nasty Darkwraiths a few times. What a bunch of mofos. Man I ran like a bitch so many times trying to gain some breathing room to recover. The only real sorcery I'm using so far is the spell to magic buff this dark baby for some serious damage. Plus it looks godamn killer.

The casting is still sooooooo slow for me, so sticking with the sword for now using the GMW spell. Great success!

Yeah you will get the ring that increases cast speed soon I imagine and then some decent spells but typically you are going to need a melee weapon first run through as well. Dark sword was nerfed but it is still a killer, you can +crystal or +dark it, both good choices.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dark sorcery build is killing it atm with the new items/great soul dregs and affinity tracking buffs. I'm almost through the ringed city again.

Pestilent cloud is also pretty awesome for bosses and that damned Havel summon at the Dragon Mausoleum farm spot.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried going pyromancy, but didn't like it so I just went back to s&s build. Doing a qual build with Longsword and Irithyll straight sword.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how the Fallen Armor set looks so much like what i used in Bloodborne. Just need my Threaded Cane!

I can't tell if I'm just finally a lot better by now, but the bosses seem more manageable. I called in reinforcements previously, but in DS3 I've not needed to. Some have taken several attempts certainly, but nothing that has completely stopped me in my tracks. Yet.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love how the Fallen Armor set looks so much like what i used in Bloodborne. Just need my Threaded Cane!

I can't tell if I'm just finally a lot better by now, but the bosses seem more manageable. I called in reinforcements previously, but in DS3 I've not needed to. Some have taken several attempts certainly, but nothing that has completely stopped me in my tracks. Yet.
It's accumulated experience in these types of games. The first boss that really sucks is Abyss Watchers. Then its Pontiff Sulyvahn unless you want to parry cheese it, which then the fight becomes very easy.

• 1Solidarity