Dark Souls 3

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Nameless King definitely wins as far as most awesome boss fight. Maybe even for the whole series?
I like him except for the fact that there is no floor. It's hard enough to perceive depth in video games as is. Taking out the floor basically leaves me guessing as to whether or not I'm in range to hit him with my longsword.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually think the dragons are going to get fleshed out even more in the coming DLC. Notice how there are dragon remains strewn about all of lothric in the beginning? Has it been explained in any of the found lore yet? It's like the dragon faction mounted an offensive against the kingdom probably lead by the nameless king.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I invaded a bunch of people tonight, every single one had a co-op buddy. Had a cool 6 man going for a while as well but it devolved pretty quickly into a greatsword swing into crowd type stuff. I also had a caster one shot me from full life using the first soul spear spell or whatever it is I assume that is hacks or is caster damage just that good?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Must have been a hack. Been seeing a lot of that type of shit with my invasions. I stopped using cracked red orbs and instead just use the red sign, only way to get a good 1 v 1.

I finally got summoned by the same guy 5-6 times in a row and it was super fun. Wish more people would embrace friendly PVP, even invasions can be light-hearted. Yeah we are trying to kill you, butWelcome to Dark Souls(TM).

The most frustrating thing is invading and the person immediately quits game. Even if you hate invasions, don't do that; you're going to die sometimes (and lose souls) but beating another player can be more gratifying as beating a boss sometimes. You're going to feel amazing when you kill me and even more so when you get a win with a perfect parry.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that far into the game yet, but so far Zombie Jesus has been the most annoying enemy for me. So fucking fast.

and coming second is the saw guys, who get a free 180? turn if you hit them four times from behind. Cheap.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I get them to leap, roll under, and then attack from the back.

The ones I hate are the totally unarmed ones that jump on your head and do a shit load of hp damage in one shot as a result.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Killed off the Demon but that's optional I guess. Found some good loot in the areas surrounding. Now I have to head back into the dungeon where those bastard jailers tick your life away. But, I also have a +6-7 poison adding sword that hits for about 222 and is VERY fast. So once I go back it will be interesting to see how quick things die. Then I checked the boss list, and realize after Aldrich and The Giant, I still have 8 bosses left and I got very excited. I honestly do not want this game to end. I would pay hard cold cash to have demon souls and Dark Souls 1 reborn on PS4.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Poison isn't worth the loss of base damage and scaled damage, especially vs. something like those jailers. You don't want them slowly wasting away, assuming you even land the poison in the first place; you want them dead in 2-3 hits.

P.S. Large weapons knock them flat on their asses. And make sure you have a weapon that has at least one piercing move for their friends.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Poison isn't worth the loss of base damage and scaled damage, especially vs. something like those jailers. You don't want them slowly wasting away, assuming you even land the poison in the first place; you want them dead in 2-3 hits.

P.S. Large weapons knock them flat on their asses. And make sure you have a weapon that has at least one piercing move for their friends.
Ok. How about the fact I upgraded this thing to +7? It is a FAST weapon - with 248dmg on the stats sheet with bonuses. Maybe I should try upgrading one of my great swords. It isn't like the items are hard to come by. Shards were dropping like crazy in Smouldering lake last night. I also added a sharp gem to it. Let me look up the weapon so you know what it is.

Here it is:Rotten Ghru Dagger | Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I have it to +7 with a sharp gem.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it's only 54 base damage, and I'm not sure what that works out to at +7 sharp but it's going to take quite a few swings to kill a jailer and the poison isn't really going to help. If it stunlocks them the whole time it might be fine to kill one at a time, but realize that later on you have to deal with multiple jailers at once. If it takes you several seconds to kill one, you're going to have a bad time. The hp drain itself won't actually kill you, but the moveset on their soldering iron is retarded because it hits on the first frame or two of the animation and that's game over.

Semi-related, I'm finding Sharp gems to be basically worthless. I had 40 dex long before 40 str, so I assumed that putting Sharp on one of my katanas would be a good idea. Nope, even weapons hugely skewed towards dex builds gain practically nothing from sharp. It would have been like 5-7 AR higher than when it wasn't infused at all, which is a goddamn joke compared to what heavy and refined gems do for 40 str or 40/40 builds.

Anyway, I'd suggest something with more of a punch than a dagger. Uchigatana is ideal if you're pumping dex, since it will kill jailers quickly and the R2 is a stab for the caged assholes. I'm pretty sure I used a black blade for my first clear of the place; the only real difference between it and uchi is that you have to R2-R2 to get a stab. I *think* the first R2 slash could knock jailers down, but don't quote me on that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Refined gems are the shit.

Ut, to help you get perspective, my +10 broadsword with a 29 str/29 dex currently with a refined gem on it does 241+121 physical damage and I can swing it I think 8 times before my stamina bar is expended.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, it's only 54 base damage, and I'm not sure what that works out to at +7 sharp but it's going to take quite a few swings to kill a jailer and the poison isn't really going to help. If it stunlocks them the whole time it might be fine to kill one at a time, but realize that later on you have to deal with multiple jailers at once. If it takes you several seconds to kill one, you're going to have a bad time. The hp drain itself won't actually kill you, but the moveset on their soldering iron is retarded because it hits on the first frame or two of the animation and that's game over.

Semi-related, I'm finding Sharp gems to be basically worthless. I had 40 dex long before 40 str, so I assumed that putting Sharp on one of my katanas would be a good idea. Nope, even weapons hugely skewed towards dex builds gain practically nothing from sharp. It would have been like 5-7 AR higher than when it wasn't infused at all, which is a goddamn joke compared to what heavy and refined gems do for 40 str or 40/40 builds.

Anyway, I'd suggest something with more of a punch than a dagger. Uchigatana is ideal if you're pumping dex, since it will kill jailers quickly and the R2 is a stab for the caged assholes. I'm pretty sure I used a black blade for my first clear of the place; the only real difference between it and uchi is that you have to R2-R2 to get a stab. I *think* the first R2 slash could knock jailers down, but don't quote me on that.
Ok. I'll check the dmg when I get home and load up the game. When I was in the dungeon earlier, I was killing jailers in about 5 swings. When I hit R2 twice, I will hit once and then do a in the air rolling type of hit. Also, thanks Hodj. I should probably mess around with this more and try different weapons. Right now my str and dex is around 20 a piece.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh and the steps of Anor Londo are one of the best farming spots in the entire game. You get 3 dudes, with easy as piss to avoid movesets, worth nearly 3k souls apiece, all can be reached and killed in less than a minute and a half, and the bonfire is right next to them at the bottom of the stairs.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh and the steps of Anor Londo are one of the best farming spots in the entire game. You get 3 dudes, with easy as piss to avoid movesets, worth nearly 3k souls apiece, all can be reached and killed in less than a minute and a half, and the bonfire is right next to them at the bottom of the stairs.
Yeah this is where I was for a bit. I never thought it farming it. That's a good idea.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You gonna feel good when I hornet ring you in lvl 30 PvP?

Cuz I'm awful close to getting there.

But in all seriousness you're right people gotta suck it up and quit plugging.

Oh and they gotta put blue eye orbs in, default equip way of the blue at start or... goddamn somethin. Probably blue eye orb. Come to think of it if blue covs worked like previous games or blues getting summoned was more reliable I bet people would plug less and red invaders would spend more time fighting blues in their games and slightly less time invading.

PvE: does poison work on any boss? Bleed does and can to devastating effect obviously but I've killed bosses with poison arrows before they got poisoned. Fix for that too maybe?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think they intend for people to get a few poison hits in, then run from the boss until he dies. That's why poison doesn't work on bosses, and it's a very cheesy way to get past many regular mobs. I remember clearing the entire Dragon Aerie in DS2 with 4 poison arrows per dragon.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So what is worth poisoning in pve then? I'm not saying it should do a ton of damage to bosses but a little extra something like bleed does over a duration would be nice.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Bleed seems is crazy good against bosses in this game. Couldn't believe how quickly Dancer went down on first attempt - I think bleed basically doubled or tripled my damage.